GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So I *finally* saw Lord Of The Rings last night"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/08/02 at 16:07
Regular
Meh, it was alright. Nothing special

Special effects were terrible, I cannot for the life of me understand how they won an Oscar. Terrible

Had some alright moments, like the action (what little action it had) and I've said it once, I'll say it again - Sean Bean is the man

Wood's American accent seemed to slip a bit, but Sean Astin's accent was good (he's from the Goonies, don't you know)

What else? Um... music score was mediocre at best, except for a few bits like Gandalf's fall and when Bean is chinnin' all those Orcs, heh

I want to slap the special effects guys, and Stryke, for lying to me, saying it was excellent (or something along those lines) Oh, and the director (that fat bloke) for using that sweeping camera (revolving around the characters) about 50 times too many

I just prey the sequels are better
Sat 26/10/02 at 23:25
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Any one getting the 4 disc version thats out 12th November? Iam getting it even though I already have the 2 disc version.

I think the film is brilliant, seen it 3 times now and must say that even though it is a bit slow, its not really that boring. With the 4 disc version comming out i'll be watching it for my 4th time. 4 disc version looks very good indeed with a ton of new extras as well as those extra 30 mins of footage.
Sat 26/10/02 at 16:32
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
The first hour or so is slow, but at least we know the sequals will be straight into the action without all the build up.
Sat 26/10/02 at 16:27
Regular
"That's right!"
Like a lot of films, I may very well watch it again and really get into it, but it had too much boring talking, too little action, and left me with a bad taste in my mouth at the end (considering nothing had happened)

And let's not forget the bad special effects...
Sat 26/10/02 at 16:16
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Why are you so determined to hate this movie? Sure it's not as good as Star Wars, but it's still bloody excellent (when you can be bothered to sit around for three hours)
Sat 26/10/02 at 16:14
Regular
Shut up you tart.
Sat 26/10/02 at 16:12
Regular
"That's right!"
Saw the trailer for the sequel... that freak thing that was following them looked fake and computer generated...

If they'd done the films one by one, the effects would have improved throughout the trilogy, instead they've done them all at the same time, with very little time for improvement in the technology, so I'm afraid all three will look fake
Sat 26/10/02 at 16:05
Regular
Good thing I found this.

You're all wrong. Except me, because it does rule. More than any other film ever made. And you'd say the same thing if they announced your favourite book is being made into a movie. Then you learn that people like Christopher Lee and Sean Bean have been cast. Then you learn that the cool Agent from the Matrix is in it. Then you see trailers. You get smug. You bunk school to go see it. It's amazing.

So shut the fun up. Yeah? Good.
Thu 29/08/02 at 17:32
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Then he'd slap me for bad mouthing one of his favourite films

---

Of course.
Wed 28/08/02 at 21:33
Regular
"That's right!"
Then he'd slap me for bad mouthing one of his favourite films
Wed 28/08/02 at 21:27
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ah, I can just imagine Stryke flying through the sky, beard flapping in the wind, and him landing next to you MoJo to say, "Well done, son!" before flying off in a flurry of beardyness.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.