GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hi, I'm new!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/08/02 at 11:32
Regular
Hi, I'm Ryu Ken. I'm new here and I just wanted to say hello. What miscreants should I look out for then to be burned at the stake and who are the big-brained posters?

Ken.
Page:
Mon 26/08/02 at 09:58
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Pointless Babble wrote:
> BIGMAN wrote:
> No i wrote that as a generilsation and didn't mean to call you a
> Fanboy but one of the newbies!
>
> "Fanboys like you"
>
> I see... so saying that someone is a fanboy, isn't actually saying
> that someone is a fanboy. Yep, you definately need to stay in school.
> ;)
>
> And the names BIGMAN and no i wouldn't like a spot book, wouldn't
> want
> to steal it off you now would I!
>
> No, I believe your name is little boy. ;)
> Who said anything about stealing, I'm here to educate the plebs, you
> are most certainly a pleb and as such are entitled to freebie Spot the
> dog books. Thats unless you have some kind of self-esteem problem, in
> which case steal it, if it makes you feel more comfortable. ;)

What an idiot, I didn't intend to call you a fanboy Mr smart @rse, I will rephrase that original post, ok!

It's annonying newbie's (LIKE YOU, put it in capitals for you!) and fanboy's that bring the numbers down not regular, quality posters like Quinty you idiotic fool!

Now if as Quinty says your are between 18-24 then I also suggest you get a life, and some friends while your at it!

P.S I used to be a bit of a fanboy but now I've changed so shut it!
Mon 26/08/02 at 09:01
Welcome to the forums Ryu Ken.
Mon 26/08/02 at 08:59
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
You lot still at it?
Mon 26/08/02 at 00:45
"Stupid Newbie :D"
Quinty wrote:
> I'm bloody 15 years old mate, and my academic ability is above
> average.
>
> The fact that you're using you're age against me as a argument really
> does show how pathetic you are.
>
> Now go download a life and enjoy Mummy's tea
>
> M'kay?

Interesting you start arguing maturity now, and trying to back out, my age means nothing in this debate - it's the wisdom that comes with it that matters. Now you can sulk about it all you like, but the fact of the matter remains, you were the one harassing Ryu - and my taking a pop at you is derivative of that. ;)

Don't like it? Tough, try not being as insulting to new users in future.

Mystique wrote:
> Hey way that aimed at me?
> What I say?
> If it was aimed at me...I'm not a he!!

No Myst, the "ho ho" comment was directed toward you, the rest was me referring to Quint. ;)

Afrojoe wrote:
> Actually, half the forums are probably made up of various alias'
> belonging to Reynolds, so yes, 50% of the forums are Reynolds, and what > a damn shocker it is!
> I'm not joking. Do you know how many times he's been banned?

Yep, I've been keeping tabs on it too, but it's still no excuse for having a go at EVERY new user who signs up here - which is exactly what Herc and Quint were doing. Notice they were berating him long before their magical, evidence providing, MSM chat occured? They've obviously never heard of innocent till proven guilty, as such they harass everyone with JAT beside their name.

As for the winking, like I said to Dead, it's an inflamatory measure. Makes them all the more annoyed if I'm smirking as I slate them.

Quinty wrote:
> Heh irony in it's finest form.

There's a subtle difference between pointing out the mental shortcomings of your ilk, and repeatedly screaming "gay!", "ass!", "retard!", so your comment as usual is pretty irrelevant. ;)

As for your whinging that it's ok for you to act childish, being 15.

Awww diddums. ;)
I thought you were supposed to be in possession of a large vocabulary, mature for your age, and super smart? Funny how quickly you change your tune when the tables are turned on you, isn't it? It's gone from you picking on Ryu, to me picking on you... feel good? ;)

Like I said before, maturity doesn't come into this, as I'm sticking up for the people you're harassing. The method I've chosen, is to give you a taste of your own medicine, and judging by your replies I'd say it's working quite nicely.

Posh Kid wrote:
> Quint is the man!
> Round of applause for the Quint if you may.
> And an all fingers up for Pointless Babble!
> Hip Hip He's Gay!

*Laughs at the cretin*

Still dreaming kid? Dead already showed he was willing to accomodate your closet status, try asking him, I'm not interested in a relationship with you or any other male for that matter. ;)
Kid shows here the perfect example of poetry in motion's opposite; gibberish in neutral. ;)

Hercules wrote:
> LOL!
> Sure, Babble dude, try to get me banned..... would be fun to see you
> try.

Oh I don't need to, your own actions are entirely capable of achieving that, and at this rate it's more likely to occur than ever. ;)

> Is Pointless Babble a nickname given to you by your mates?
> You sure do what you nickname suggests.

Ahhh, yet another original child... oh wait, no, no you aren't. ;)
Try scrolling down Herc, you'll see Pointless Babble is a reflection of the inane junk you're posting. I picked it upon seeing what these forums were filled with. ;)

> This person has got the exact same mind-set on here. He knows what he
> wants and how everything works.

Yes, and it isn't at all possible he might've picked up on the basics from reading other topics, is it? How often is the term "GAD" used in the posts of others? I know I see it roughly every day, someone posts a good topic, and the response from others is usually "great post, definately worthy of GAD". It'd be impossible for him to have read a few of those, right?

> He speaks exactly like us even though he is brand new to the site.

Oh yes, of course... you all speak English, and because he doesn't speak French on the forums, that makes him someone signing up on a new name.

Did anyoneever approach you to take a job as a detective? This is pretty cutting edge thinking you're producing here.

> He knows not to speak in that text language.

Hmmm... not at all attributable to the possibility of not owning a mobile phone, or not wanting to sound like someone with a speech impedement? Noooo, of course not. I don't see you speaking in txt tlk, srly tht mns ur Reynolds. ;)

> He arrives the exact same way as someone we know, who didnt go down the > best way.

Considering you were likening him to RM18, he went "down" by going on holiday, sorry but even if it were him - RM is generally a more personable poster than you are.

> He goes into Microchips' post and says that he shouldnt have posted it
> twice and comments on it in a way which us lot do.

Or just the way it's generally done on any generic forum on the net, I suppose you missed his comment on having been a member of various other forums before? Believe me, you're nothing original, unique or special. Just another forum poster, like the millions of others in the world, and you'll find that "way which us lot do" is characteristic of most of them.

> He has done a post and a review already, both of which are what are
> excepted as GAD winners...... how did he know how to do that?

I dunno, those three blatant "Gameaday Prize 1", "Gameaday Prize 2", and "Gameaday Prize 3" sections of the SR network couldn't possibly be the answer. Sounds to me like you're just bitter that a JAT/Newbie won a GAD, and you didn't on that paticular day, but either way your theory doesn't exactly hold water.

> Come on.... explain some of that then.

Just did. ;)
Next question?

> Hoe does he know all this lot without being on here before. And he
> arrives at a time just convenient for someone just going away
> on "holiday". He speaks the exact same as this person.
> By now, you should know who im going on about.

Do you ever pause to read back some of your posts? ;)
You're hardly listing concrete evidence of his being RM18 here, infact I wouldn't even call it palpable evidence, the fact we get a number of new users each day notwithstanding each user who speaks fluent English is not automatically the same one person.

> He wants MORE and more GAD's!

The same could be said for you, and by the sounds of your rant, certainly is more applicable.

> I didnt use to mind you, you seemed alright. Thats why I didnt get on to > you. But the other noobs that look like they are a past user of this
> place that has been banned before I will interigate them and be
> suspicious because I know how they speak and I know what they want. Its > so easy to tell. And this guy is one of the easiest.

What made me any different from Ryu etc? Your "evidence" you've listed here is hardly anything that would stand up in a court case, and much of what you've used as an example could be applied to any number of people on these forums... your comment on not giving me gip because you didn't mind me, just further enforces the view that you're only taking a pop at him because he stood on your toes. Or to put it more bluntly, challenges your right to GAD winning, that sound plausible to you?

I wouldn't have, because as I stated earlier, I've only entered two attempts to date. So it certainly stands to reason you wouldn't mind me, but would mind him.

> The noobs that sound geniunely NEW to this place I welcome and show them > how everything works around here.
> You obviously havent seen that, have you.
> Idiot.

Actually, the only topics you respond to are usually "How to win GAD?", perhaps thats another reason why you decided to single out Ryu? He didn't ask for your help. Because obviously anyone who is remotely capable of being independant, is an old user pretending to be a new one? Try not to sling insults such as idiot around so casually, especially not when it only further harms your argument. ;)

> The reason the population is down being mine and Quinty's fault?
> LOL!
> Im afraid not.... you obviously havent seen any of the other few hundred > users of this place bashing noobs. You must be blind. Seriously.

Try reading the comment more closely, I stated the reason was due to the animosity of the regular posters towards new ones, that would include your "few hundred users of this place bashing noobs". Pay attention. ;)

> Ryu Ken, come on, just own up.
> Heh, and try to get me banned...... go on...... will be a good laugh.

Persistance is liable to get that done for you entirely of your own accord. ;)

Silly child... I ask for a more challenging retort, and I get the same old tripe as the amoeba trio have been posting.

*Yawns*

Next! ;)
Mon 26/08/02 at 00:27
Regular
Hey Ryu Ken yoo seem pretty OK do you have an MSN account if so tell us and we can tell you about areselves OK
Mon 26/08/02 at 00:22
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
God damn, how this topic get so many replies?
Mon 26/08/02 at 00:18
Regular
".......on the attac"
Here's a serious post.

RM18 = Indy = Liquid = Ryu Ken

Russell Mehrad is the saddest attention seeker I have ever known.
Sun 25/08/02 at 23:48
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Shush. All of you, yes even you, Pointless Babble.

And I like this Ryn person. Seems like a great poster, even if it was someone else (and I'm not saying it is) it's a better version of them anyway.

Hercules wrote:
> Ryu Ken - just shut up and tell us who you are.

Hoho, hurc, you fool :-)
Sun 25/08/02 at 22:49
Regular
"Hmmm....."
LOL!

Sure, Babble dude, try to get me banned..... would be fun to see you try.

Go on..... im watching.

Is Pointless Babble a nickname given to you by your mates?
You sure do what you nickname suggests.

This person has got the exact same mind-set on here. He knows what he wants and how everything works. He speaks exactly like us even though he is brand new to the site. He knows not to speak in that text language. He arrives the exact same way as someone we know, who didnt go down the best way. He goes into Microchips' post and says that he shouldnt have posted it twice and comments on it in a way which us lot do. He has done a post and a review already, both of which are what are excepted as GAD winners...... how did he know how to do that? Come on.... explain some of that then. Hoe does he know all this lot without being on here before. And he arrives at a time just convenient for someone just going away on "holiday". He speaks the exact same as this person.
By now, you should know who im going on about.

He wants MORE and more GAD's!

I didnt use to mind you, you seemed alright. Thats why I didnt get on to you.
But the other noobs that look like they are a past user of this place that has been banned before I will interigate them and be suspicious because I know how they speak and I know what they want. Its so easy to tell. And this guy is one of the easiest.

The noobs that sound geniunely NEW to this place I welcome and show them how everything works around here.

You obviously havent seen that, have you.

Idiot.

The reason the population is down being mine and Quinty's fault?

LOL!

Im afraid not.... you obviously havent seen any of the other few hundred users of this place bashing noobs. You must be blind. Seriously.

Im sure more people agree with me (seeing as though while ive been gone they have stuck up for me when you babble on) than you.

Ryu Ken, come on, just own up.

Pointless Babble, go babble off.

Heh, and try to get me banned...... go on...... will be a good laugh.

I dunno what else to say, I think ive summed it up.

Hmmm

Blah blah blah.

*farts in general direction of those idiots*

Good-day.
Sun 25/08/02 at 22:16
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Quint is the man!

Round of applause for the Quint if you may.

And an all fingers up for Pointless Babble!

Hip Hip He's Gay!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.