GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Becoming a notable! is it worth all they say?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/08/02 at 11:15
Regular
Hey everyone! Is becoming a notable really worth all this spamming, taking sides and ridiculing other people that you would usually get along fine with? It is mainly just a popularity contest slightly influenced by what is done in the forums but really influenced by what is said of the forums (msn messenger etc) All in all it is bassically a popularity contest. what do you think?!
Sat 17/08/02 at 22:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Exactly..heh

He pulled out last time because people started being abusive to him with "I never red ur posts u monkee i voyte for pro-evo becos i want a sonee notable" and he get fed up with it.

If it hadn't have been for that retarded "Sony needs a representative" pish then he would be Golden and appreciated more.
I'd rather read his posts about monkeys and old ladies that fight than yet another dull and dry post "bigging up" a computer game.

There's more to life than games.
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:56
Regular
Monkey_man - Notable whether he likes it or not! :-D
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Because his posts are the ones I always check for, regardless of title or forum, I just make a point of reading his stuff.

That to me is what makes a Notable. Not because so-and-so is a mate or spends more time in a forum I like - somebody that I will always read and reply to.

And there's nobody else that I feel should be Notable using that criteria.
Except Mr Happy.
But he likes poncy films and smells of BBC2.
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:41
Regular
The best thing about being a notable, is knowing that 20 odd cretins looked up to you enough to vote for you.
And that's where the gold name comes from.

Goaty, seeing as Monkey_man refused to be a notable when he won, what's the point in voting for him? It's a wasted vote if he doesn't want to be one - or has he changed his mind?
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:39
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Goatboy wrote:
> monkey_man gets my vote.

---

Notables get 2 votes now.

Well, they did last election anyway.

So you can vote Monkey_Man twice, if it means that much to you.

:-)
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:38
Regular
being a notable is like being every other forumer except some ppl have been here longer like me grix, FM etc
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:31
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's worth nothing.
It means nothing.

It means that a few people like your posts and voted for you because they were online that evening and fancied voting.

No benefits, no exclusive rights, no privileges. Just a different coloured name. I said it before and I say it again - anyone who *wants* to be a Notable probably shouldn't be.

And I still say monkey_man won the last election and should do again this time. But I get a sneaky feeling that there will be the usual "we need a Sony/Xbox/Nintendo Notable" and a whole forum votes.

monkey_man gets my vote.
Sat 17/08/02 at 17:00
Regular
"everyone says it"
There are too many now. :(
Sat 17/08/02 at 16:10
Being a Notable must be good enough.
Sat 17/08/02 at 14:54
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
SHEEPY wrote:
> I did ages ago :P

---

Shut it, boy who gets better exam results than me but only just!

;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.