GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Becoming a notable! is it worth all they say?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/08/02 at 11:15
Regular
Hey everyone! Is becoming a notable really worth all this spamming, taking sides and ridiculing other people that you would usually get along fine with? It is mainly just a popularity contest slightly influenced by what is done in the forums but really influenced by what is said of the forums (msn messenger etc) All in all it is bassically a popularity contest. what do you think?!
Mon 19/08/02 at 14:37
You see, we're just one, happy, online community.
Mon 19/08/02 at 14:28
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Being a notable means being the centre of a number of arguments which you get to defend yourself hounorably but at the same time rile all the wannabe regulars up who moan at you for being gold (the term high and mighty gets thrown around a lot) and we all argue and have fun.

Well I have fun, I laugh at you all secretly. I love you guys.
Mon 19/08/02 at 13:48
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Exactly how many notables or there on this forum? And if you are a notable what are the perks? I can see that there name changes colour and they deffinetly have a lot more credibilaty.
Sun 18/08/02 at 16:18
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Goatboy wrote:
> Except Mr Happy.
> But he likes poncy films and smells of BBC2.

You can now actually go one worse than smelling of BBC2, and that's smelling of BBC4.. Imagine waht radio 4 would be like if it was on TV, and that's BBC4 - a digital only channel that screens arthouse films and has debates about books.
Sun 18/08/02 at 15:48
Goatboy wrote:
> It's worth nothing.
> It means nothing.
>
> It means that a few people like your posts and voted for you because
> they were online that evening and fancied voting.
>
> No benefits, no exclusive rights, no privileges. Just a different
> coloured name. I said it before and I say it again - anyone who
> *wants* to be a Notable probably shouldn't be.
>
> And I still say monkey_man won the last election and should do again
> this time. But I get a sneaky feeling that there will be the usual
> "we need a Sony/Xbox/Nintendo Notable" and a whole forum
> votes.
>

True.
Sat 17/08/02 at 22:22
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Grix Thraves wrote:

> Monkey_man deserves to be a notable, as does Rav before he says
> anything. :0) I can't say I personally think Pro Evo should be,
> because, well, I've never even seen him before the elections, and I
> haven't seen him since them.

Thats cause Pro Evo went on holiday, but because 'you' aint seen him, he shouldnt be a notable should he? ;)
Sat 17/08/02 at 22:11
Regular
Ant wrote:

"Oh, wait."

:0D
Sat 17/08/02 at 22:11
Regular
Ditto Goatboy.

Monkey_man deserves to be a notable, as does Rav before he says anything. :0) I can't say I personally think Pro Evo should be, because, well, I've never even seen him before the elections, and I haven't seen him since them.

Yes! Yes! Listen to Goatboy you must!
Sat 17/08/02 at 22:08
Regular
"I like cheese"
Humm...maybe I should start a topic in the WWE Forum saying we need a Notable to represent us...

Oh, wait.
Sat 17/08/02 at 22:06
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
What is all this stuff about forums being represented by a notable, I thought that you were supossed to vote for someone who made good contributions to FOG (like saying Boobs! lots)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.