GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Becoming a notable! is it worth all they say?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/08/02 at 11:15
Regular
Hey everyone! Is becoming a notable really worth all this spamming, taking sides and ridiculing other people that you would usually get along fine with? It is mainly just a popularity contest slightly influenced by what is done in the forums but really influenced by what is said of the forums (msn messenger etc) All in all it is bassically a popularity contest. what do you think?!
Wed 21/08/02 at 22:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> http://www.btinternet.com/~kieranhappy/notable_screen.gif

Heh, i also wonder whats going on in the mind of bill gates when he has a starfish icon to represent the favourites.
Wed 21/08/02 at 22:47
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
F@ñ†@§¥M€!§†€® wrote:
> I think being a Notable rocks. The free games every month and the
> fact that we can delete forum users at will has nothing to do with it.

Well, we only get the free games to review in the SR magazine (although most of the reviews don't actually get put in... I assume they're just added to the website?). The rest of the time we get discounts.

On the forums, we get to ban people- but only with 3 notables hitting the ban button- and to indicate if we think a topic is GAD worthy. It was by doing this that neilc, one his first post, won a GAD- I posted it in prime for him, and all the notables thought it GAD worthy.

If you want to see how SR operates for us guys take a look at the like that Sheepy (I think) released, and misterhappy has posted:

http://www.btinternet.com/~kieranhappy/notable_screen.gif

Finally, we are working on out own big section in the SR magazine (also to appear online in a newsletter) about the forums and gaming. You may have seen a small preview on the last page (one before the back cover) in the SR mag a few months back... I think Ant was responsible...

SonicRav
Wed 21/08/02 at 22:18
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Wah wah wah noatbles get xtra furoms and stuf, how come it iz so!!??/

All high and mighty them noatbles am.
Wed 21/08/02 at 22:18
Regular
yes being a notable is worth all they say. £20 quid to be precise. All in a nice brown envelope to Mr. Snuggly and a bottle of special reserve port for Tony. thanks guys
Wed 21/08/02 at 22:16
Regular
"bit of a brain"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> *ptooie*.

Pootie Tang?
Wa da tai.
Sine your name on the runny kine.
Tipi Tai.
Classic
Wed 21/08/02 at 22:14
Regular
"You've upset me"
It is infact, we get cool extra features the best of which is our own private forums where we can bash all you Newbie and Regular scum. I spit at you.

*ptooie*.

*waits for the reaction to this post* Munkees.
Wed 21/08/02 at 22:09
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
AfroJoe wrote:
> I think once they get to 20 Notables it'll either stop or maybe each
> time 1 new Notable is elected, 1 can be un-elected.

Really? Have they set a date?
Mon 19/08/02 at 21:22
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I think once they get to 20 Notables it'll either stop or maybe each time 1 new Notable is elected, 1 can be un-elected.

Something like that, or we'll just end up with urine coloured names flooding the place.

:-D
Mon 19/08/02 at 18:38
Regular
"I like cheese"
I wonder if there will actually be one Notable voted this time, rather than the usual 2-3 we end up with. {:)
Mon 19/08/02 at 15:21
Cubist wrote:
> Exactly how many notables or there on this forum?

The FOG Notables are:
FantasyMeister | Grix Thraves | Meka_Dragon | Sniper | Ant | er-no | SHEEPY | pb | Wookiee Monster | Goatboy | RastaBillySkank | Your Honour | Pro Evo | SonicRav

which is....14. am i right? yes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.