GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Things that define you"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/08/02 at 17:56
Regular
A lull in today's Waller-sized workload got me thinking - what things define you as a person? Bearing in mind that Pete and Bernie's Philosophical Steakhouse is now closed, can you pin down moments in your life that made you who you are today? Example - what made you listen to the type of you music you listen to? Why do you wear the clothes you do? How did you come to be friends with your friends?

I'd do my own, but I'm busy - just trying to start some serious discussion, rather than spoofs involving me being a gay serial m*********r or another fricking copularity pontest.
Thu 15/08/02 at 22:55
Regular
"I like cheese"
Little Hedgehog...I'm not that good with words, and I get the feeling your religion may be a little different from mine if you get bullied for the clothes you wear (I'm a Christian, by the way), but I just want to say that if there is a God (and I am 100% sure there is), then you will come out on top in the end.

These people that make your life hell, they will realise what they have done when they're older. And if they don't, then they may not succeed in today's society.

As I said, I'm not very good at this sort of thing, but I just need to remind you that you are a better person than they are. These people will pay for what they have done, trust me.

I'm not sure what else to say. Just get through this part of your life, I suppose.

*runs*
Fri 16/08/02 at 12:42
Regular
Little hedgehog, the self-harming thing, please, don't go back there. There is help out there, and there are always people to talk to in here. And if you have to do it, try a rubber band wrapped round the wrist, pull it back and let it snap back. The idea is that it's better than any more serious/permanant things.
But there is help.

And it gets better out of high school, you just have to pull through now.
Sun 18/08/02 at 18:04
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Hearing Radioheads Karma Police for about the millionth time. I had it on some Now compilation, so I'd been listning to it since I was about 10, and then I got OK Computer.

Just this one time, I got the meaning of the song. I don't have time to go into that much detail, but it was basicly 'I'm a facist, and have stupid hypocritical cynical views on everything. Oh, for a minute there I lost myself'. It told me that I needed to find myself again.

That was your fault, you realize. This place has educated me, but it made me really cynical as well. Beleive me, I read a lot more than I post.

Nearly having an iron fall on my head.
Sun 18/08/02 at 18:34
Regular
In addition to my entry...I'd like to add this...

http://www.geocities.com/ gazzazcool/meetdw.html (SPACE)

Now, you can see why I get bullied. And, look at the replies in FOGchat. It broadens the picture more as to why I get bullied.
Mon 19/08/02 at 13:43
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Let's see.
Fine in primary school up to year 6 which is when someone started bullying me. After months of telling the hedmaster and him doing nothing, i took matters into my own hands. He started on me after school so i threw a punch back at him. Next day i heard he was in hospital with a broken nose.
Secondary school was hell. Year 7 was fine, made friends. Year 8, i went through a very weird phrase which included me stealing £250, bunking off for a month and getting suspended for setting off the fire alarm.
Year 9 i had a watchful eye on me from this Teacher Ms keeley. She's sound and always checked up on me to see how i was doing cause of year 8.
Year 10 the bullying started again. This time it was a group of 5 people.
Just like year 6, i fought back. BANG went the first bully. He stopped it.
BANG went the second bully. After that the whole group stopped.
Year 11, one of those bullys came back. I didn't want to fight him cause he was quite tough so again came the months of telling the head and the head doing nothing. By the end, i turned back to my violence. BANG, he comes out with a broken arm which now needs a pin to hold it together.
I then started my first year at college. All was fine apart from these two girls always starting on my mate. I stood up for him and then later that day, i get hugely attacked by the boyfriend. Went to hospital for concussion and the pigs(police) done nothing. Now here i am hoping for a good result which is due this thursday before starting 2 more years at college which involves a football academy.
Tue 20/08/02 at 22:34
Regular
"You've upset me"
Counting Crows have really made me what I am. Have listened to them since the age of 8, only really got into them in the way that I am now when I was 11 when there music was really the only thing that could help me at all. Can't really say how they've made me what I am but they are one of the most important things in my life and I probably wouldn't be here without them.

Sad really. But they really do mean *that* much to me.
Wed 21/08/02 at 16:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Dead Wonder wrote:
Now, you can see why I get bullied. And, look at the replies in
> FOGchat. It broadens the picture more as to why I get bullied.

---

What's the problem? You're a perfectly normal looking guy.
Wed 21/08/02 at 16:30
lalakersrule wrote:
> that's why i got tired of religion. Most wars in history have been
> fought about religion or religion played some part in them somehow.
> Buddhism is the only religion not to have started war which is why i
> follow that faith now. Plus it's not full of out of touch with reality
> pedos like the catholic church

I probably think that there no religion is true. It says that. Buddhism has no god, which you try to follow the path for Enlightenment-can't spell it. D'oh!

It says you must believe in God to see his miracles. For one time, I kinda wish that he does show a miracle to people who does not believe in him. No-one had a vision of God except Moses, Adam and Eve and others. If there is a Lord Almighty, why does not speak? Because OF Sin??

He must do something to show something extrodinary. (If there is)

Thats enough of me for tiday and catch me later on 0000 tommorow morning for...

Ultima Weapons Late Night Show! (ONLY KIDDIN'!!)
Wed 21/08/02 at 16:36
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Dead Wonder wrote:
> Now, you can see why I get bullied. And, look at the replies in
> FOGchat. It broadens the picture more as to why I get bullied.
>
> ---
>
> What's the problem? You're a perfectly normal looking guy.

Cheers dude. But people still do it cos of my features. So, that ca only lead me to think that something is wrong with my face. But then, would the bullies prefer it if everyone looked identical to them? No, cos everyone is different! :c)

I printed my post off and showed my mum (who instidently, didn't know about it), and we've sorted most of the problems (like transport, no more bus for me, riding now) and I'm a lot more confident. Now all I'm afraid is I'll snap (maybe kick their asses) on one of the bullies. Bring it on is all I can say, but on one condition...they have the balls to face me one-on-one. I'm not hard and I don't consider myself hard...but, sometimes you just have to do it.

DW
Wed 21/08/02 at 16:41
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I don't know what 'features' you're talking about... which is good.

Possibly they made it up to annoy you one day to protect themsleves from the fact they suck... so much so you probably started beleiving it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.