GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Things that define you"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/08/02 at 17:56
Regular
A lull in today's Waller-sized workload got me thinking - what things define you as a person? Bearing in mind that Pete and Bernie's Philosophical Steakhouse is now closed, can you pin down moments in your life that made you who you are today? Example - what made you listen to the type of you music you listen to? Why do you wear the clothes you do? How did you come to be friends with your friends?

I'd do my own, but I'm busy - just trying to start some serious discussion, rather than spoofs involving me being a gay serial m*********r or another fricking copularity pontest.
Tue 20/07/04 at 22:18
Regular
Almost 2 years ago,
Dr Duck wrote:
> Stuff

It was odd reading that back. I always feel very different to how I think of myself in the past, but I guess some things don't change so quickly...
Tue 20/07/04 at 21:59
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
You like golf? Heh, never pictured that, I too am fond of golf.

My dad was a very good golfer in his time, won a wealth of amateur tournaments and my grandpa wanted him to turn pro, but due to some arm joint problems never did. He's sort of always been there to teach me to play golf, and I usually play a course once a month, its good fun.
Tue 20/07/04 at 21:53
Regular
"Laughingstock"
A hole-in-one on a 170 yard Par 3 with a six-iron/Lee Trevino-like fade - it flew, it curved, it landed on the fringe, it hopped, skipped, rattled the pin, then vanished into the cup -: gave me the deranged belief that I was the returning messiah, or at very least an Olympian demigod... I was wrong. This defined me as a skewhiffing ninnyhammer, and I've never looked sideways since.
Tue 20/07/04 at 11:15
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Great post Snuggly

Well who I am today

Well when I was lil me I use to be very shy and very quiet. Yes me if you met me now you wouldn’t believe I use to be like that. I think I was like that up until I was about 14.
My sisters were not like that and neither was my mum. At school I was not bullied anything in fact I had a great circle of friends; we were alike in many ways apart from 1. They had a daddy and I didn’t. For some reason they spoke about there dads like all the time. The things they did together and just the way they were. I felt so left out and I could join in. It was like they had this new toy that I never got at Christmas. It when on like this for ages I got quieter and quieter as time went on. It wasn’t till I was about 14 I went to my mum and told her that I could join in with my friends and asked why my dad had to go away. Why was it him that was taken away, why? Mum explained everything to me, she had told me bits before but I was too young and immature to understand but now I thought I was ready to hear it all.
We sat for ages and ages, she told me the ins and out about how he suffered from a brain tumour, how they took him in for the operation and he had a 50/50 chance. Unfortunately when he came out of the operation he was brain dead and the life support machine was what was keeping him going till my mum got to the hospital. That was it he was gone.
Anyway on my return back to school with my friends I told them all about my dad they listened, they cried and I came out of my shell then. I was starting to feel better then I was starting to get to know my dad.
Today we still talk about him and I know more and more about him each time. I wouldn’t want my mum to tell me everything at once, I ask her questions once in a while and I feel that if I did this every so often its like im learning about him through my life.
Mum says I get more and more like him everyday and that makes me happy. I know that if he was here he would be the perfect dad who I would want to talk about to all my friends. Although I talk about him anyway.

I have been through real bad times too. Been hit as a child by my step dad. Feeling that I never got enough attention. And so much more that I would rather not o into on here.

As for the way I dress now, well that’s a mass improvement. I use to be a right tom boy, always dressing in jeans, t-shirt tracks, trainers etc...
Mum wish I dressed more like I was a girl. She always use to say me and your dad had 3 girls, not a boy. There was that word again. Dad, I use to be daddy’s little girl. Anyway it wasn’t till I was at the end of my college that I decided that I would start being more girly. I went home and binned everything, my jeans, and trackys, everything, well apart from the trainers. Then that was it I started to be more girly. That’s when I started putting on the make up, now I don’t go anywhere without it.
I wear a lot of black clothes, I think I get that from my mam, she loves to wear black. Although I do tend to now start wearing more colour.

Music, well people hate my choice in music. That’s fair enough though. Obviously I listen to a lot of different stuff. I also listen to stuff that’s out now. However I love the 60's 70's and 80's stuff.
The reason I have got so in to it is my step dad listens to it a lot and it was always playing from when I was young. I have been brought up around it and it something that just sticks in my head. Im forever listening to the stuff because its good music and various songs remind me of various things.

Im nearly 23 years old and have had fun times and sad times. My boy is so perfect and I love him to pieces. Since he has come in to my life I feel I have grown up a lot more then I was before I had him. Don’t get me wrong I still have a laugh and do things but I put him first. He has changed me though for the better, im more like an adult then I use to be, although I still look like a kid. I get the looks from the old people in town that look at me and as if to say I am too young to be having a kid. Then there is times when I go to town with me are and they think he is my brother. Arghhhh that gets me mad.

However, I think I am who I am because I had that talk with my mum, I think if I never then I would still be that lil quiet one with no confidence and I wouldn’t be where I am today. The things I have done and been through gives me that little push to go further and to do something about it rather then sit and wait for the days to go by and hiding myself away. Before that talk with my mum I wouldn’t talk to her about anything, and I think not having a dad around was a big part of stopping me from going on.

Now I am who I am, im like my dad in many ways, he has made me who I am today. I don’t just mean the whole conception thing either.
Tue 20/07/04 at 10:18
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
It's too easy to slip into "what happened to turn me in to a screwed up insecure freak" so I won't even try this.
Tue 20/07/04 at 10:00
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
The sum of all my experiences; that's what defines me.
Mon 19/07/04 at 17:48
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Pretty vague then, Borat.
Mon 19/07/04 at 17:32
Regular
I like to think the thing that defines me is my seething unquenchable apocalyptic perpetual hatred of the population of the planet earth, and my ambition to see it hurtling towards the sun at 30,000 miles per second from a vantage point on the balcony of my penthouse on the moon.
Mon 19/07/04 at 17:00
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
*Pop*
Sat 04/01/03 at 19:42
Regular
"I see you"
The things that define me are my white appeareance my ability to hold food inside me and turn the light on when i open the door..... no wait thats a fridge.

I'm just totally bonkers so i'd have to say my little white padded room.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.