GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do my friends think that the PS2 is better than the GC?!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/08/02 at 18:41
Regular
Most of my friends say that the PS2 is better than the GC. They just make up stupid reasons EG "The PS2 is better than the GC because it plays DVD's" but the whole point of a computer console is to play games on it not DVD's and they say "The GC has only half the power of the PS2" and "there are only 2 good GC games and they are Burnout and Tony Hawk's 3" I mean look we have the entire Resident Evil sereis, Mario Sunshine, Starfox Adventures and Eternal Darkness. They are just pre judging the GC.
Sun 11/08/02 at 18:41
Regular
Most of my friends say that the PS2 is better than the GC. They just make up stupid reasons EG "The PS2 is better than the GC because it plays DVD's" but the whole point of a computer console is to play games on it not DVD's and they say "The GC has only half the power of the PS2" and "there are only 2 good GC games and they are Burnout and Tony Hawk's 3" I mean look we have the entire Resident Evil sereis, Mario Sunshine, Starfox Adventures and Eternal Darkness. They are just pre judging the GC.
Sun 11/08/02 at 19:21
Regular
Your friends are just ignorant, ok. I own both a PS2 and a GameCube (boy am I sad), and I have to say I have probably played my PS2 more lately, with Prisoner of War and Tiger Woods 2002, but the future for the GameCube looks so good, Mario Sunshine, Dinosaur Planet, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil, Metroid Prime, Zelda and many many more. Just get as big a list as you can of good GameCube games coming out, show it to them, and if they aren't convinced, kick them. Also, on another note, the GameCube is alot more powerful than the PS2, which explains why PS2 convertions onto the GameCube have faster loading times, better graphics and are smoother.
Sun 11/08/02 at 20:16
Regular
John.J wrote:
> Most of my friends say that the PS2 is better than the GC.

And how wrong they are.

> They just make up stupid reasons EG "The PS2 is better than the GC
> because it plays DVD's" but the whole point of a computer console is to
> play games on it not DVD's and they say "The GC has only half the
> power of the PS2"

The Panasonic GameQube's coming out soon, and if these friends of your's looked at some FACTS, they'd see the GameCube was much better than the PS2.

> and "there are only 2 good GC games and they are Burnout and Tony Hawk's
> 3" I mean look we have the entire Resident Evil sereis, Mario Sunshine,
> Starfox Adventures and Eternal Darkness. They are just pre judging the
> GC.

Indeed, they probably haven't even played on it.
Sun 11/08/02 at 20:27
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> John.J wrote:
> Most of my friends say that the PS2 is better than the GC.
>
> And how wrong they are.
>
> They just make up stupid reasons EG "The PS2 is better than the
> GC
> because it plays DVD's" but the whole point of a computer console
> is to
> play games on it not DVD's and they say "The GC has only half
> the
> power of the PS2"
>
> The Panasonic GameQube's coming out soon, and if these friends of
> your's looked at some FACTS, they'd see the GameCube was much better
> than the PS2.
>

You sure about that? Last I heard, the Q is Japan only!
Sun 11/08/02 at 20:29
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
John.J wrote:
> ... they say "there are only 2 good GC games and
> they are Burnout and Tony Hawk's 3"

Kind of throws some light on the sort of things they class as 'good games' doesn't it?
Sun 11/08/02 at 20:33
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i read somewhere that in one of these big games awards thingsy , Tony Hawks 3 won game of the year with pikmin and other ace games not even being entered !
Sun 11/08/02 at 20:39
Regular
Your friends think the ps2 is better than the cube because they're evil.

I'd advise you to be careful, when they look in your eyes, they'll be trying to drain your life to power their ps2s, which they use to communicate with satan.

Wear sunglasses.

:OS
Sun 11/08/02 at 20:40
Regular
And if q does come out here, i'd better not have imported it first, or i won't be happy :OP
Sun 11/08/02 at 21:15
Regular
PS2 is alright and has a larger array of games, by the end of the year the PS2 will have nothing to claim.
Sun 11/08/02 at 23:16
Regular
"accidental superher"
AT THE MOMENT..i think ps2 is better merely cos it has a larger (much larger) catalogue of great games out now...
gc only has a few...the killer games are yet to come.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.