GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LONG LIVE XBOX!! NOT!!!!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/08/02 at 21:40
Regular
Why would you wanna buy an Xbox when you could buy a full spec PC, this so called Xbox its just like a pc but your using your tv and not a monitor.

Whats this new XBOX LIVE another scheme to boost sales!! Well sure, to use it you'll need to buy a pack with mic etc costing $49 in America. $49 all they asking for to boost popularity, yeh right.

Why would you want a Xbox, it may have good graphics but thats all. Long live the SONY with their PS2.
Sun 01/09/02 at 21:18
Regular
You told me to get my facts right and they were, the PS2 was $300 in March, I never said anything about now! It was in a games shop in the Florida Mall and it was the American equivalent of EB (even though they do have EB over there), it was just like EB but better in my opinion, they had character figures and other stuff!
Sun 01/09/02 at 21:11
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Garbe I know you said the price was $300 in March, I didnt say that it was $300 now. I did read your post. All Im saying the price in America now is $199, and not $300 anymore.
Sun 01/09/02 at 21:07
Regular
Did I say it was that much now? No I am sure I said March! So I had my facts right but you just didn't read my post as usual!
Sun 01/09/02 at 21:05
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Yeh sure Garbe123, PS2 in America for how much you say? $300, Its $199 right now in America. You went in MArch, if you go there now it will be $199, Get your facts right. Its not March now its September, prices ave dropped there, like here in the UK!
Sun 01/09/02 at 19:57
Regular
Actually the GC is £30.00 cheaper. Trust me, ;).
Sun 01/09/02 at 18:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'm happy with my purchase too. Out of all the consoles I've ever owned, I think the X-Box has kept me entertained the most.
I mean I've always played games, but for continuous play and great atmosphere moments with friends - thats where the X-Box has been great for me. :-)

Can't wait for X-Box Live and I'm glad I bought the console on release day. I still remember that day before the midnight launch - god it felt like it would never end. ;-))
Sun 01/09/02 at 18:02
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Jee I'm happy with my Xbox purchase and I played £300. Others still won't pay £160 for it.

Some people are tight. :P
Sun 01/09/02 at 17:52
Regular
What more do people want Microsoft to do? For crying out loud the console is £159.99 and it includes a DVD Player, Hard Drive and the most powerful system yet to be seen in a console! Do you go into your local shop and ask them to throw in a can of beans when you buy the toast? No I doubt you do! The GameCube is £20 cheaper yet it doesn't have a DVD player, Hard Drive and it requires the purchase of a memory card in order to save your games, yet I don't see people complaining about that price! The Xbox is more expensive in America and that is why they have done this, when I went over in March to Florida PS2's were selling at $300 without anything bar a pad! If you had read the SR news page then you would have seen this posted a few days a go. Jeez what do you want next!!!
Sun 01/09/02 at 17:37
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
The xbox will now offer Amercian gamers a free DVD kit, when they buy an Xbox from November. Taken from CodeJunkies.com, as the Xbox is 3rd in Europe, Microsoft may start this offer here in Europe, but they haven't commented on this yet.

An xbox with a free dvd playback kit, that sounds good.
Fri 30/08/02 at 18:35
Regular
There are strong rumours to suggest that before Christmas, the GameCube will be brought down to under £100.00 (£99.99 most likely). This is not such a far fetched dream (well, not for the likes of Nintendo) so methinks it's going to happen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.