GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LOTR"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/08/02 at 19:20
Regular
I was watching LOTR on dvd today being nearly 3 hours and just though how brilliant it was. The special affects are something else and even though there are differences it is true to the book as much as possible. They cut out a lot of the first bit after the party ie Tom and the barrow wight. It was interesting to see the Balrog as there is know discription in the book. I though Liv was very good in her brief role as Arwin though if i remember Glofindel was the elf who met Frodo just before Rivendel. Lucky EW againd LTs chest hmmm worth a morgal knife for?
Wed 14/08/02 at 18:37
Regular
you probably couldn't care less what I think of it, but here goes :

I thought the special effects were brilliant, some superb sequences, genuinely entertaining. But why oh why are we forced to endure hours of soppy shakespeare-esque character developments. I am not just some shallow action film fan, I enjoy lots of dialogue if the story is interesting, but most of the dialogue in LOTR was un-necessary and quite frankly too dramatised and uninteresting.

Final verdict : A good film, but I hope the two towers is better
Wed 14/08/02 at 18:14
Stryke wrote:
> I shall transalate NewbieSpeak for you. He is philosophically asking
> if the pain of getting a Morgul knife through your shoulder is worth
> getting held again Liv Tylers (LTs) chest. He also envies the fortunes
> of Elijah Wood for getting such a prize.

It's like the modern equivalent of speaking Orkish in Rivendell. Ha!
Wed 14/08/02 at 16:56
Great Film!!

Not as good as the book blah blah blah.....etc

But great fun.

Also, after Gandalf escapes from Orthanc and reappears at Rivendell he seems to have regained his staff that Sauruman (sp?) took off him??
am I missing something here??
Wed 14/08/02 at 16:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Have you guys seen the advance poster for the two towers? I think it looks really cool.
Wed 14/08/02 at 12:34
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I loved LOTR, it's just such a great movie. I can't wait to see The Two Towers in a few months, as I really want to see the story continue. But in the meantime I'll just go and watch The Fellowship Of The Ring again which was a great start to what should be an awesome trilogy.
Tue 13/08/02 at 21:04
Regular
Yes, LOTR is good. can't wait for the four disc box set in November
Tue 13/08/02 at 21:00
Regular
Starlight wrote:
> Well it is a nice ring..

--

And ever so shiny.
Tue 13/08/02 at 20:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Beefcake wrote:
> Before LOTR went into production there were worries that people may
> misconstrue the close relationship between Frodo and Sam. However
> there was no need.
>
> Frodo quite clearly spends the whole film fingering someone elses
> ring!

Ho ho. Their relationship is quite erm..close.
Tue 13/08/02 at 15:31
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Before LOTR went into production there were worries that people may misconstrue the close relationship between Frodo and Sam. However there was no need.

Frodo quite clearly spends the whole film fingering someone elses ring!
Tue 13/08/02 at 13:50
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Well it is a nice ring..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.