GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I walked out HMV today..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/08/02 at 18:40
Regular
And the alarm went off

Everyone looked at me... so I looked back and they looked away :D

Then I gave a look to the person who served me saying:

" Next time take the bloody tag off right or I'll break your face "

Then I walked out... annoyed my friends who work in Sport Soccer... I asked for a size 14 in those Ice Skates... then walked out before they got back.

Then got bus back home.
Fri 09/08/02 at 00:43
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Liquid Snake ey, as a noob aswell..... hhhhhmmmmmmm........
Fri 09/08/02 at 00:41
er-no wrote:
> Happens all the time in GAME from people who have just come from HMV.
> They forget to bloody detag the magnetic strip. Bloody stupid
> people.
>
> Hmpf.

GAME ! You traitor !

:-)
Fri 09/08/02 at 00:36
aren they supposed to take the tag off
Fri 09/08/02 at 00:11
Regular
I gave the cashier £20 once for a bottle of Dr. Pepper and left without the change :D Came rushing back in naturally.

What's particulary funny is when the cashier gives you not only the change but the money you paid with as well.

Sheepy may I ask did you walk into HMV, it bothers me deeply.
Fri 09/08/02 at 00:07
Regular
"everyone says it"
ROFL!

That really happened to you?

You idiot!

:D
Thu 08/08/02 at 23:51
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I hate when you go up to a counter, pay for something then forget to actually take your purchase away with you. :P

Like the other day at the cinema, went up, payed £4 for a popcorn and drink, then like a idiot i just walked away. It was only when the woman called and said" don't you want you stuff" did I realise. Everyone in the que laughed. I felt like st.

Dont you just hate it when that happens? No?...
Thu 08/08/02 at 23:28
Regular
"everyone says it"
Happens all the time in GAME from people who have just come from HMV. They forget to bloody detag the magnetic strip. Bloody stupid people.

Hmpf.
Thu 08/08/02 at 23:24
Regular
"Bobba you"
SHEEPY wrote:

> Then I walked out... annoyed my friends who work in Sport Soccer... I
> asked for a size 14 in those Ice Skates... then walked out before they
> got back.

LOL! My dad does that, well he walks off if they take ages coming back.

:D
Thu 08/08/02 at 22:03
Regular
"95% organic"
I used to work in HMV on Oxford Street, it was incredibly hectic yet needlessly dull, so I walked out. I didn't set any alarms off though, I left through the staff door.
Thu 08/08/02 at 21:36
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
I walked out of a HMV not long ago and set the alarm off. I had a copy of Final Fantasy on (Region 1) DVD with me which I was going to lend a friend when we met up later. They asked me back to the cash desk and I offered to show them my bag of other stuff and the FF disc which had a security tag inside it (damn you Play247!).

Bearing in mind this was several weeks BEFORE IT WAS EVEN RELEASED HERE the staff kept looking at me as if I was a criminal.

Although they were trying to keep things quiet I was answering their questions (how did you get this? where is it from? is it from here? and so on) in an increasingly loud voice to draw as much attention to these events as possible.

I wrote a letter to the store saying how embarassing it all was (to be honest I was loving it!) but I haven't had a reply. Even if I get some vouchers as an apology they'll only bring their rip of prices down to the level that proper shops charge anyway - unless it's one of the rare occasions that they have some decent things in their sale (which was why I was there in the first place).

I hate HMV. Always have. Always will.

They are evil.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.