GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I walked out HMV today..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/08/02 at 18:40
Regular
And the alarm went off

Everyone looked at me... so I looked back and they looked away :D

Then I gave a look to the person who served me saying:

" Next time take the bloody tag off right or I'll break your face "

Then I walked out... annoyed my friends who work in Sport Soccer... I asked for a size 14 in those Ice Skates... then walked out before they got back.

Then got bus back home.
Mon 12/08/02 at 23:34
Regular
"That's right!"
beanz wrote:
i've even almost left stores without paying

--------

Once my mate Fos went into the local shop to buy some Bud. The guy put them in the bag, and said "come back soon" or something. So, naturally, my mate walked out with the beer VERY quickly, and hasn't been back since, for fear of being recognised and charged for the bottles (almost two years ago now)
Mon 12/08/02 at 23:17
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Isn't everyone so orignal and funny :)
Mon 12/08/02 at 23:13
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Mantis wrote:
> I hate when you go up to a counter, pay for something then forget to
> actually take your purchase away with you. :P
>
> Like the other day at the cinema, went up, payed £4 for a
> popcorn and drink, then like a idiot i just walked away. It was only
> when the woman called and said" don't you want you stuff"
> did I realise. Everyone in the que laughed. I felt like st.
>
> Dont you just hate it when that happens? No?...

LMAO!!

:-D

LOL!

That's all I have to say! After reading that, I started grinning like a cheshire cat! :D
Mon 12/08/02 at 11:49
Regular
"accidental superher"
i've had the alarm go off on me when i WENT INTO nike town (oxford street)...
i've left stuff behind in stores before
i've even almost left stores without paying unintentionally of course...once when i was in the newsagents i got up to the counter and they put all my food into a bag...at which point i took the bag and started walking out without realising i hadn't paid LOL...naturally i paid up :D
Mon 12/08/02 at 10:51
Regular
"¬_¬"
No security alarm has ever gone off for me. I think its all you guys' punk looks. There is probably a man sat in a room upstairs (or out the back) watching through a video camera, and whenever somebody dodgy goes through the door he presses a big red button and the alarm goes off.

I have however done some very snidey things, including countless numbers of 'exchanges' in GAME, EB, HMV, Virgin, WHSmith and what not. You just say you bought the game there and the person you were giving it to already had it. Then you swap it for summat else. Works a treat.
Mon 12/08/02 at 10:36
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
The funny thing is, who is going to steal something with a tag on? That's just crazy.

A few days ago, my dad bought something got home and found a tag in it. Went back in to get it taken off. Neither time did the alarm go off. Funny that...

I remember the Sport and Soccer Shop Alarm in Chelmsford is always going off. You could so easily thieve something from there with that alarm going off continuously. It happens so regularly most of the time they just ignore it..

It's the shop assistants I don't like. When you need them they are nowhere to be found, and when you don't they are coming up to you asking "Can I help you please?"

I bought some trainers last Friday, took ten minutes to get some assistance, then the shop assistant asked me if I wanted some trainer care gel, that apparently strengthens them and makes them last longer. He just launched into a discussion of how good they were etc.. so I listened (I'm not rude). Didn't say anything then tried on the trainers.

Next thing I know I've gone to the till to pay for them, and the gel is behind the counter with my trainers and it's been tilled up. So I pay an extra three quid for the gel. I thought about complaining, but what the hell it might work..

I have a funny life..
Fri 09/08/02 at 21:38
Time_Warp wrote:
> At the Dixons where I live, the alarm goes off every five minutes by
> itself so they don't actually check you if it does go off when you are
> leaving. Very handy...

Meh, I have the same thing with one of my shops, but it makes a *bleep* noise whenever someone walks in the shop. Must do some sort of body scan thingymajig.

"Total match - I want ya clothes, ya boots and ya motorcycle."

{:)

I'm off now to play on my PS2. Sailorboy says hi ----> ():)
Fri 09/08/02 at 21:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
No

I was talking to Grix... they obviously don't know the full ritual how to buy stuff in Wales.
Fri 09/08/02 at 21:25
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Steal stuff

So you DID steal it?!

Eeeeesh ...
Fri 09/08/02 at 21:23
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Steal stuff

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.