GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battlefield Bad Company - Gold Edition?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Battlefield: Bad Company'.
Fri 23/05/08 at 10:22
Regular
"THFC"
Battlefield Bad Company, as many of you will know is going to be a big, FPS set in modern warfare, with 90% destructable enviroments and beautiful graphics, its the first big contender for Call of Duty 4.

Some of you may have played Battlefield 2 on the PC and if you have then i am sure you fell in love with it just like i did, and that the release of Bad Company has you biting your nails in anticipation. It looks to be much more like the loved PC version and less like the console versions, while the console versions were good, they just didnt live up to its big brother.

The release of Bad Company has been put back and back, but with it now in sight im growing more and more impatient until i can finally play on my Ps3, with a good FPS, like Call of Duty 4 BUT i have veichles! Helicopters, Tanks, Trucks, the full works (except planes!!) but this should inject a new bit of life into the shooting genre. While Call of Duty 4 has been nothing less than excellent i think Battlefield could be the one to top it!

Thats enough about how much i love the game, now onto the real subject at hand. For the same amount of money - £39.99, you can purchase a Gold Edition of the game. Now after hearing rumours and different stories i have finally gotten to the truth and learnt that this is the extra you get:

Get into the fight quickly - the Gold Edition includes five multiplayer weapons, normally at rank 25, available for immediate use on the battlefield.

Know the battlefield - eight multiplayer map strategy videos are included covering everything from basic to advanced covering all the strategic depth of the gameplay.

Behind the scenes - a documentary with a fascinating insight into the production of Bad Company, from early concepts to the finished game.

Exclusive Smiley Grenade poster and gold metal case packaging bring the Gold Edition to life.

Now for me this is all well and good, a nice poster, a documentary if your into that kind of thing, but the fact for the same money you can just pretty much cheat and be online from the start with level 25 guns while everyone who wants to "earn their stripes" has to put up with it. I just think its a bit of a stupid idea, i mean if you aint good enough at the start then play more, get better and earn the guns and meadals as you progress, surely this is what gives the game is longevity and excitement.

I don't know how everyone else feels about this but i will not be getting the Gold Edition, while i think the steel gold case would be ncie and special editions are always a good one to have as they hold money better. I just disagree with the decsion of giving the guns away so cheaply, i think that through hard work and dedication to the game you should be rewarded.

I am interested in what everyone has to think on this, as i could understand a bit more if it was more expensive as a marketing move, but for no extra money? I cant see why they wouldnt want people playing it longer to keep their game on top.
Tue 27/05/08 at 08:20
Regular
"THFC"
I pre-ordered the normal version, i like to earn my items, plus i think it keeps the game alive longer for me, my attention span is about that of a goldfish
Tue 27/05/08 at 00:20
"possibly impossible"
I see the gold edition is pre-ordering on Amazon for the same price as the standard. Tempted.
Fri 23/05/08 at 21:29
"possibly impossible"
Sounds sucky, but at least it won't put me off getting the game.

Obviously we'll have to set up a match between the people on here with the same version...
Fri 23/05/08 at 17:51
Regular
I suppose it will be more satisfying killing noobs who think they're so good. :)
What i quite like is absolutley destroying someone who gives it a load of mouth saying they're the best etc... It always seems to shut them up in the after game lobby :D
Fri 23/05/08 at 12:15
Regular
No doubt you'll get the inevitable "noobs" who'll buy the gold edition thinking they will have some strong advantage over every other player, then when logging in online they realise that everyone else has already reached level 25!

Still the game doesn't look too bad and I may have to check it out. (Never been a big fan of the battlefield series, always been a COD man myself except 3 of course)
Fri 23/05/08 at 11:49
Regular
"THFC"
No i get what you mean, but i was lucky (kind of) on call of duty as my prefered gun was the M4 and you get it fairly early, the annoying thing was not getting Bandlodier until like level 30 - i would always run out of ammo then die looking for a weapon lol

But then gold edition players will be anmed and shamed, as they will be like level 3 with a level 25 gun, so when you kill them it will be more satisfying!
Fri 23/05/08 at 11:47
Regular
that's fair enough. I'd be annoyed if some little kid could blow you away simply because he's got the gold edition and you haven't. I could remember when i used to play on COD4 a lot (lent it to my brother so i haven't seen it in ages) and when you've been through presige a couple of times and start off again no matter how skilled you are, or how many times you go through it, when you start back at level one with all the rubbish versions of the weapons you always get killed by the seven year old because he got lucky with his superior weapons. That annoys me so much because even though you've got the skills you can't use them properly because someone worse than you has all the decent weapons.

That sounds confusing doesn't it?
Fri 23/05/08 at 11:37
Regular
"THFC"
You will be able to choose but its not the point of that. It's the fact you will get people going on and having obtained what people work to achieve as a symbol of status. But thats just my thoughts on it, like i said im interested in what others think
Fri 23/05/08 at 11:34
Regular
The game sounds awesome. With regards to the level 25 weapons do they replace your standard weapons so you have to use them, or can you choose to use the earlier weapons, because if you can then surly couldn't you get the gold edition and just use earlier guns?
Fri 23/05/08 at 10:22
Regular
"THFC"
Battlefield Bad Company, as many of you will know is going to be a big, FPS set in modern warfare, with 90% destructable enviroments and beautiful graphics, its the first big contender for Call of Duty 4.

Some of you may have played Battlefield 2 on the PC and if you have then i am sure you fell in love with it just like i did, and that the release of Bad Company has you biting your nails in anticipation. It looks to be much more like the loved PC version and less like the console versions, while the console versions were good, they just didnt live up to its big brother.

The release of Bad Company has been put back and back, but with it now in sight im growing more and more impatient until i can finally play on my Ps3, with a good FPS, like Call of Duty 4 BUT i have veichles! Helicopters, Tanks, Trucks, the full works (except planes!!) but this should inject a new bit of life into the shooting genre. While Call of Duty 4 has been nothing less than excellent i think Battlefield could be the one to top it!

Thats enough about how much i love the game, now onto the real subject at hand. For the same amount of money - £39.99, you can purchase a Gold Edition of the game. Now after hearing rumours and different stories i have finally gotten to the truth and learnt that this is the extra you get:

Get into the fight quickly - the Gold Edition includes five multiplayer weapons, normally at rank 25, available for immediate use on the battlefield.

Know the battlefield - eight multiplayer map strategy videos are included covering everything from basic to advanced covering all the strategic depth of the gameplay.

Behind the scenes - a documentary with a fascinating insight into the production of Bad Company, from early concepts to the finished game.

Exclusive Smiley Grenade poster and gold metal case packaging bring the Gold Edition to life.

Now for me this is all well and good, a nice poster, a documentary if your into that kind of thing, but the fact for the same money you can just pretty much cheat and be online from the start with level 25 guns while everyone who wants to "earn their stripes" has to put up with it. I just think its a bit of a stupid idea, i mean if you aint good enough at the start then play more, get better and earn the guns and meadals as you progress, surely this is what gives the game is longevity and excitement.

I don't know how everyone else feels about this but i will not be getting the Gold Edition, while i think the steel gold case would be ncie and special editions are always a good one to have as they hold money better. I just disagree with the decsion of giving the guns away so cheaply, i think that through hard work and dedication to the game you should be rewarded.

I am interested in what everyone has to think on this, as i could understand a bit more if it was more expensive as a marketing move, but for no extra money? I cant see why they wouldnt want people playing it longer to keep their game on top.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.