GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battlefield Bad Company - Gold Edition?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Battlefield: Bad Company'.
Fri 23/05/08 at 10:22
Regular
"THFC"
Battlefield Bad Company, as many of you will know is going to be a big, FPS set in modern warfare, with 90% destructable enviroments and beautiful graphics, its the first big contender for Call of Duty 4.

Some of you may have played Battlefield 2 on the PC and if you have then i am sure you fell in love with it just like i did, and that the release of Bad Company has you biting your nails in anticipation. It looks to be much more like the loved PC version and less like the console versions, while the console versions were good, they just didnt live up to its big brother.

The release of Bad Company has been put back and back, but with it now in sight im growing more and more impatient until i can finally play on my Ps3, with a good FPS, like Call of Duty 4 BUT i have veichles! Helicopters, Tanks, Trucks, the full works (except planes!!) but this should inject a new bit of life into the shooting genre. While Call of Duty 4 has been nothing less than excellent i think Battlefield could be the one to top it!

Thats enough about how much i love the game, now onto the real subject at hand. For the same amount of money - £39.99, you can purchase a Gold Edition of the game. Now after hearing rumours and different stories i have finally gotten to the truth and learnt that this is the extra you get:

Get into the fight quickly - the Gold Edition includes five multiplayer weapons, normally at rank 25, available for immediate use on the battlefield.

Know the battlefield - eight multiplayer map strategy videos are included covering everything from basic to advanced covering all the strategic depth of the gameplay.

Behind the scenes - a documentary with a fascinating insight into the production of Bad Company, from early concepts to the finished game.

Exclusive Smiley Grenade poster and gold metal case packaging bring the Gold Edition to life.

Now for me this is all well and good, a nice poster, a documentary if your into that kind of thing, but the fact for the same money you can just pretty much cheat and be online from the start with level 25 guns while everyone who wants to "earn their stripes" has to put up with it. I just think its a bit of a stupid idea, i mean if you aint good enough at the start then play more, get better and earn the guns and meadals as you progress, surely this is what gives the game is longevity and excitement.

I don't know how everyone else feels about this but i will not be getting the Gold Edition, while i think the steel gold case would be ncie and special editions are always a good one to have as they hold money better. I just disagree with the decsion of giving the guns away so cheaply, i think that through hard work and dedication to the game you should be rewarded.

I am interested in what everyone has to think on this, as i could understand a bit more if it was more expensive as a marketing move, but for no extra money? I cant see why they wouldnt want people playing it longer to keep their game on top.
Thu 07/08/08 at 09:29
Regular
"Hello?"
Well conquest mode should be available to all today, let's hope it's as good as it's been cracked up to be. I prefer that style of FPS gameplay, more carnage seems to take place :D
Glad it's free as well, the COD4 map pack was a bit of a rip off, you pay £40-50 for the game then have to pay another £6.99 to get an extra 4 maps!!
Wed 06/08/08 at 08:55
Regular
"THFC"
Cool, i thought Gold Rush was getting a tad boring, i am level 25 with loads of the medals etc, and have been waiting for a new mode, hoping it brings some new trophies, plus its back to the old school battlefield!
Wed 06/08/08 at 08:35
"possibly impossible"
Yes, it'll be nice to have a new mode, though I expect Gold Rush is still going to be the preferred option.
Wed 06/08/08 at 08:18
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just got a message telling me a new multiplayer game 'conquest' will available to download for free on Xbox live from Thursday (presume it will be on PSN as well ?).Not much use to me as I don't have the game but thought I would share this as I know a few people on here loved it.

Yep,just found this, BFBC conquest mode confirmed free on PSN as well.
Fri 18/07/08 at 13:01
Regular
"Hello?"
Anyone got any good in game pictures?

My PSN is Hill87, got a few pictures on my stats page:

Battlefield Stats
Fri 27/06/08 at 11:25
"possibly impossible"
Got to wait for people to get their's, most people will be at work.

Mine came this morning, but will be still shrink wrapped until tomorrow night at the earliest as I have to work and then I'm out tonight.
Fri 27/06/08 at 11:02
Regular
"THFC"
Both of mine arrived - but Battlefield has no online play at the moment, which is very annoying!
When you try join a game all you get it; No Games at the moment please try again!
Thu 26/06/08 at 16:38
"possibly impossible"
Right, Amazon have sent mine out, so i'll get that tomorrow morning.

Now I'll just have to wait for my GAD to order Smash Bros, which means it will be on Super Saver delivery too :(

Still, better than having to pay for it all :)
Wed 25/06/08 at 14:31
"possibly impossible"
Nice.

I'll try to get some more then!
Wed 25/06/08 at 13:53
Regular
"THFC"
www.findallfive.com

is fully updated and tells you how to unlock all the special guns which are only avliable by doing these tasks, and they are all very quick and easy to use!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.