GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Third age people matter"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/05/08 at 12:34
Regular
""Just try "
I truly believe that people aged 60 and over have more to contribute to society, than is ever recognised except, of course, those involved in certain areas of work such as media,pop music,acting,the Royal Family etc.
The Queen of England is 82 years of age, yet she appears to carry out similar duties to those she carried out many moons ago. To name a few other oldies - Bruce Forsyth, Michael Parkinson, Barbara Winsdor, and last but not least Noel Edmunds who looks and skips around on his programme - Deal or no Deal, like a man 20 years younger. However, when it comes to the over 60s of working class, they seem to be considered for nothing more than to be "put out to graze".

Perhaps it is time for over 60s to pave the way for themselves - don't just park yourselves in front of the TV and become fat and depressed. Get out and do something worthwhile - that means find the thing you would most love to do, and just do it. Perhaps numbers of people of the third age don't know how to use a computer, and think that they are too old to learn. I believe that no individual is too old to learn to do something that they always wanted to do, but was never given the opportunity. So now is the time, do some research, improve your lifestyle, and make a contribution.
Tue 20/05/08 at 12:34
Regular
""Just try "
I truly believe that people aged 60 and over have more to contribute to society, than is ever recognised except, of course, those involved in certain areas of work such as media,pop music,acting,the Royal Family etc.
The Queen of England is 82 years of age, yet she appears to carry out similar duties to those she carried out many moons ago. To name a few other oldies - Bruce Forsyth, Michael Parkinson, Barbara Winsdor, and last but not least Noel Edmunds who looks and skips around on his programme - Deal or no Deal, like a man 20 years younger. However, when it comes to the over 60s of working class, they seem to be considered for nothing more than to be "put out to graze".

Perhaps it is time for over 60s to pave the way for themselves - don't just park yourselves in front of the TV and become fat and depressed. Get out and do something worthwhile - that means find the thing you would most love to do, and just do it. Perhaps numbers of people of the third age don't know how to use a computer, and think that they are too old to learn. I believe that no individual is too old to learn to do something that they always wanted to do, but was never given the opportunity. So now is the time, do some research, improve your lifestyle, and make a contribution.
Tue 20/05/08 at 17:36
Regular
"Thinking and typing"
I thought this was a young, hip and trendy site...not a site for old and hip replacements. LOL. Good point though...are there any older people here.

Dpn't forge the genius of Terry Wogan either! Or Ant'n'Dec, they must be pushing on 40 now???
Tue 20/05/08 at 18:52
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
MarcoG wrote:

>...are there any older people here.

How old do you want?
Tue 20/05/08 at 22:29
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I'm 23.

In hexadecimal
Tue 20/05/08 at 23:24
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
I'm only 14 in hex. And im 10100.

Too young. Too old.

my age is best expressed in Dec methinks
Wed 21/05/08 at 00:45
Regular
"Author of Pain"
There is a differnce with working class oldies. They've already worked for a living for 40+ years and in many cases would actually prefer to spend their time relaxing and doing as little as possible. What're you going to achieve by getting them off their backsides doing constructive work? Other than utterly ruining the economy, that is...
Wed 21/05/08 at 10:36
Regular
""Just try "
Everpain wrote:
> There is a differnce with working class oldies. They've already
> worked for a living for 40+ years and in many cases would
> actually prefer to spend their time relaxing and doing as little
> as possible. What're you going to achieve by getting them off
> their backsides doing constructive work? Other than utterly
> ruining the economy, that is...

Thank you for your message Everpain. I can imagine that some oldies may want to relax and do nothing. I can also imagine that some may want to do something, and it is those oldies that I am aiming to encourage to try to enhance their lifestyle.
Wed 21/05/08 at 10:48
"possibly impossible"
There are plenty of opportunities in local charities and volunteer work for the older generations, but it should be up to them to decide.
Wed 21/05/08 at 11:15
Regular
""Just try "
Dragonlance wrote:
> MarcoG wrote:
>
> >...are there any older people here.
>
> How old do you want?

Thank you for your message MarcoG. Presumably, you are very young. so tell me, what do you think of an oldie (myself) learning web site creation and creating and publishing my web pages in just a few months.

Sorry about Terry Wogan. I also forgot Des O'connor.
Wed 21/05/08 at 11:42
Regular
""Just try "
pb wrote:
> There are plenty of opportunities in local charities and
> volunteer work for the older generations, but it should be up to
> them to decide.

Thank you for your message pb. The decision to volunteer is always theirs. However, The bottom line is that the some of the older generation don't seem to have access to the things they truly want to do, and are able to do. For example, continuing to be employed for pay.

I would point out that my aim is to try and encourage older people to enhance their lifestyle the way I have. not just work.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.