GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"To trip, or not to trip?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/08/02 at 21:55
Regular
That is the question that I currently ponder.

My friends have, apparently, got wind of a new drug called 'Saliva'. You smoke it. It's like pot, but trippy - you hallucinate, you belive your dreams are real, and it's supposed to be spiritually enlightening. According to them it has never killed anyone, never done any real damage. It's perfectly safe.

But still, I am worried. I have grown quite fond of my brain, and it would not be helpful for me if it was turned to mush by a bad trip. It would also not be helpful for me to choke on my own vomit, as I have nearly managed once before by going on a 'whitey'.

I'm not sure what to do...Hicks says that drugs are good, whilst Aronofsky shows me just how funned up things can get. I know the stuff I'm gonna do is hardly heroin, but still...

Advice, please.

(This post is, obviously, a story, written completely in character)
Mon 05/08/02 at 00:28
Regular
Drugs.

If the benefits outweigh the costs (and so long as you don't mind how you achieve a particular state of mind, and there's the appropriate drug to help you get where you want to be, there are benefits), why not?

However, it's pretty rare that the benefits outweigh the costs, in my opinion, and when you don't even know what those costs might be, i'd definitely steer well clear.
And do you really think it's a coincidence that it's only the drugs that informed scientific opinion doesn't find the benefits hugely outweighed by the costs, which are either legal or (cannabis) virtually legal?

So in summary (ragrding illegal drugs):

How pathetic.
Mon 05/08/02 at 01:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok, there are times when an adult discussion is needed without "apparently" or "maybe"

I have taken hallucinagenics before.
On more than once occasion. And you need to know what it is you're taking and exactly how to/what quantities etc.
Now, I am not condoning this in any way whatsoever, nor promoting it or saying "Hey kids, it's cool!".
I'm just saying if you feel the need to, or want to experience for yourself without the hysteria that I've seen in the Daily Mail the past couple of weeks concerning the declassification of cannabis to a C class, then make yourself aware of what you are doing before.
Don't just gobble this stuff and then go clubbing or sit in the park etc.

If you do take it, make sure at least one of your party is sober - there needs to be someone around that can assist if needed with anything at all and isn't tripping.

Be somewhere you know and ensure you are in a good mood before you take anything, hallucinagens enhance/magnify exisiting emotions and if you're not happy then don't expect a nice pleasant experience.

There are a number of factors involved, but the number one is always make sure you know what it is you are taking.
The best site out there for non-scaremongering, independant advice is

http://www.erowid.org

It will explain the various substances, the effects, the conditions best condusive for it etc etc.

And in case any parents or over-zealous officials read this, let me make perfectly clear that I in no way endorse, encourage or imply it's anything other than a personal choice of mine to partake, fully aware of the risks and able to decide for myself as an adult.
Mon 05/08/02 at 09:29
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Damn sensible advise there Goaty !

I tried pot in my younger days and thought "hey - whats that all about" and decided there and then that it just wasn't worth it.

My advice is keep away from all drugs - some people do have more of an addictive nature than others and generally we do not know how things will affect us.

If you have to try something - follow Goatboys advice and make sure you are safe and have someone there who can deal with any problems.
Mon 05/08/02 at 11:40
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ive never tried drugs and im all the better for it. They screw with your brain, which is bad.
Wed 07/08/02 at 18:40
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Ive never tried drugs and im all the better for it. They screw with
> your brain, which is bad.

Have you had any beer though? cos if you have, alcohol is easily as bad, if not worse. besides, theres nothing wrong with my brain (he says rocking back and forth in a dark room)
Wed 07/08/02 at 20:06
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Cheers everyone that gave me advice outside of 'drugs are bad'.

'tis much appriciated.
Wed 07/08/02 at 21:00
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Ahhhhh, Mouldy Cheese whiteyed.....
Thu 08/08/02 at 03:53
Regular
Never Smoked a cig

Never smoked drugs

Never drunk Alcohol

Never ate Meat

I'm 100% Clean.

And been keeping it that way for 19 years now.
Thu 08/08/02 at 12:04
"Darkness, always"
I think everyone knows my stance by now.

Besides, hallucinagenics are some of the worst types to have. Certainly the most likely to bring about "a bad trip", where it's not your dreams you start believing, but your nightmares.

If you get off on terrifying yourself to the point of incoherrent hysteria which could lead to the loony bin, then by all means trip your brains out.

If you have an ounce of sense though, don't bother.

Yes, alcohol is worse than some drugs, but then, you don't get shady alcohol dealers mixing your vodka with horse tranquilisers and rat poison.
Thu 08/08/02 at 12:06
"Darkness, always"
†-Riquelme-† wrote:
> Never ate Meat

if that's a biological restraint, then fair enough, but I hate to inform you that humans are by nature omnivores, and meats are actually good for you. Fish and chicken for a start. Not eating meat because of some "save the world" idiotic ideology is just unnecessary.

>
> I'm 100% Clean.
>
> And been keeping it that way for 19 years now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.