GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"To trip, or not to trip?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/08/02 at 21:55
Regular
That is the question that I currently ponder.

My friends have, apparently, got wind of a new drug called 'Saliva'. You smoke it. It's like pot, but trippy - you hallucinate, you belive your dreams are real, and it's supposed to be spiritually enlightening. According to them it has never killed anyone, never done any real damage. It's perfectly safe.

But still, I am worried. I have grown quite fond of my brain, and it would not be helpful for me if it was turned to mush by a bad trip. It would also not be helpful for me to choke on my own vomit, as I have nearly managed once before by going on a 'whitey'.

I'm not sure what to do...Hicks says that drugs are good, whilst Aronofsky shows me just how funned up things can get. I know the stuff I'm gonna do is hardly heroin, but still...

Advice, please.

(This post is, obviously, a story, written completely in character)
Sat 10/08/02 at 23:02
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Well. MC.

Do it.

Experiment. As long as its not heroin. Or crack. Or something dangerous. Like LSD's or something.

You'll be fine.

Whitie :oP

Meh, I did pot a while back, its not that bad. Not like it makes your head explode is it?

Well, try it. Do it with some mates. Let them do it, then see what happens. And just dont be sick really.

Thats my advice.
Sat 10/08/02 at 22:31
Regular
Mr Ripper wrote:
> Second, the protein supplements you probably have to keep your diet
> healthy come from what?

Nuts and Milk. Plus Lentils and other few things. I aint skinny at all. I weigh near on 80KG.

> "I won't take a life to eat". Such crap. Vegetables live.
> Cereal crops live, so do trees, and houseplants. Hell, even some
> plants take "lives" to continue their own survival. The
> entire argument is ambiguous.

Right, this is where i'm coming from. Punching someone is bad. And taking the life of a living thing is bad. But punching someone in the arm isnt as bad as punching them in the temple.

I see that taking the life of a crop/plant isnt as bad as taking away the life of a moving animal with emotions and the ability to show pain.

I'm also taking into the account of my belief that we are judged by God when we die. And thats why I live my life like I do...

I know everyone aint the same and i coundt give a toss what anyone else does, or how they live thier life...
Fri 09/08/02 at 23:01
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Mr Ripper wrote:
> OK d*ckhead. read it again.

I did read it, thanks - but you can't guarantee that nothing will kill you. I watched a friend of mine choke to death on a grape once.

It's a shame you have resort to verbal abuse to try and improve your argument. I guess you're young and think you know it all.
Fri 09/08/02 at 20:47
Regular
"I like cheese"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Cheers everyone that gave me advice outside of 'drugs are bad'.

Well, you have to expect it really, mmmkay. ;)
Fri 09/08/02 at 12:58
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
This whole issue with drugs is totally pointless. More people die each year from the misuse of over the counter drugs than from illegal drug use, a fact that governments like to keep fairly quiet most of the time.

If Aspirin was discovered today it would not be the most popular over the counter painkiller in the world, because it would not be given a license. It is estimated that in the USA alone, 200,000 people die from severe internal bleeding in the gastrointestinal and renal areas, a side effect of the use of drugs such as Aspirin and Ibuprofen.

Ecstasy on the other hand, was only linked to 27 deaths in the US over a four year period (1994 -1998).

Aspirin works by blocking the production of prostaglandin, which is produced by the body to sensitize nerve endings which result in pain. Unfortunately, prostaglandins also protect the stomach lining, promote clotting of the blood, regulate salt and fluid balance, and maintain blood flow to the kidneys when kidney function is reduced. They also regulate gastric mucosal protective function, renal blood flow, and platelet activation.

Millions of people take NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents) every day, especially as we get older and develop rheumatic pain and so on, without knowing the inherent dangers of taking too much of these drugs.

If you compare that to the awareness of people about the use, short term and long term effects of psychoactive drugs - most teenagers are well schooled in how ecstasy or cocaine can effect you. I wonder how many know what the Aspirin that they took in the morning can do to them.

I think that Salvia is legal in this country, it certainly is in the US. Just look on the web, you'll find loads of information about it.
Fri 09/08/02 at 11:17
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Mr Ripper wrote:
> If I could gurantee it wouldn't kill me, and if it were LEGAL, I might
> try such things.

Taking the view that "If it's legal it must be safe" is incredibly stupid. Drinking is legal and it kills. Smoking is legal and it kills. I'm not saying that smoking and drinking are bad because I enjoy both but you shouldn't put your trust in authorities who decide what's good and what isn't without trying it themselves.
Fri 09/08/02 at 11:15
"Darkness, always"
OK firstly you assume that the vegetables you are eating weren't alive before they were hacked out of the ground, chopped, boiled and dumped on your plate.

Second, the protein supplements you probably have to keep your diet healthy come from what?

"I won't take a life to eat". Such crap. Vegetables live. Cereal crops live, so do trees, and houseplants. Hell, even some plants take "lives" to continue their own survival. The entire argument is ambiguous.

Just eat it. If it's good for you, who cares where it came from?
Fri 09/08/02 at 08:45
Regular
Yeah, as i understand it, vegeterian diets are usually healthier than everyone else's.
So long as you get enough protien anyway (lack of which explain why so many veggies are scrawny :O) ).
Fri 09/08/02 at 01:06
Regular
Mr Ripper wrote:
> †-Riquelme-† wrote:
> Never ate Meat
>
> if that's a biological restraint, then fair enough, but I hate to
> inform you that humans are by nature omnivores, and meats are actually
> good for you. Fish and chicken for a start. Not eating meat because of
> some "save the world" idiotic ideology is just
> unnecessary.

Nah. My family have lived for generations back in India without Meat.

My Grandad has never ate meat and he is 90 somthin now and still pretty healthy. Although he is a pretty heavy smoker...

Aint no save the world crap. I just dont like the thought of taking a life to fill my belly. And i dont actually like the thought of eating animals.

I'm perfectly healthy. Have never had any serious health problems and havnt had to visit the docters in like 7 years.
Thu 08/08/02 at 14:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I wouldn't go near the burgers either, that's just taking your life into your own hands there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.