GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone with Paper Mario in here..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/08/02 at 10:39
Regular
Hi! I've been looking for a copy of Paper Mario for aaaagggggeess, but I can't find one anywhere, because most shops are now stocking SameOldBeatEmUp 23 or SuperRacingor something.

Anyway, if you do have Paper Mario, could you please anwser the following questions...

a) How long does it take to complete?
b) Is it worth it?
c) Will you sell it to me/ consider swapping it?

If anyone does have it, but would consider swapping it for Wave Race: Blue Storm on GC, then reply here or contact me on [email protected]

cheers.
Tue 06/08/02 at 08:09
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Erm.... i heard from my best mate in america that in his september issue of his games magazin, super mario RPG will be coming to the GBA.

don't know if it is speculation or hype, but I am going to keep a look out for it.

:D
Tue 06/08/02 at 01:24
Regular
If you can't get it anyway then download an emulator and get Super Mario RPG. It wasn't released in Europe but my girlfriend is american and its her favourite game and we played it all the time. She rocks at it, I'm ashamed to say she is far better than me at it :( Esspecially the Yoshi Race..

In fact download it anyway, it will give you a fair idea as to if you'll like Paper Mario..
Mon 05/08/02 at 23:55
Regular
Right then, one train ticket to St Neots, Cambridgeshire please. Oh wait.. I'm at home..
Mon 05/08/02 at 23:40
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Right you are Sibs, it WAS 8bit. Ah.. 8bit Mario..
>
> I know how you feel Solskgaer (sp?!?), I've still got Majora's Mask,
> Banjo Kazooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day to complete on my N64.

You haven't seen the end of CONKER!!!!!!

www.conkula.com
www.conkula.com
www.conkula.com

My website all about Conker, find out how to complete it and do so as it is an awesome ending that games of the future will look back on...

Oh and get to work on Majora's Mask boy.

Also Mario 64 for me kept the same old Mario magic as before, just how I imagined Mario World was meant to look. Paper Mario is an incredible game, it is aimed at the younger audiences so therefore is relativly easy for older players but I recommend you play it anyway, there is some hard bits and there is one hell of a lot to do in the game, it is HUGE! My local shop still sells it as they haven't got rid of their Nintendo 64 stock yet, I'm sure that doesn't help at all... I live in St. Neots in Cambridgshire.
Mon 05/08/02 at 23:31
Regular
Right you are Sibs, it WAS 8bit. Ah.. 8bit Mario..

I know how you feel Solskgaer (sp?!?), I've still got Majora's Mask, Banjo Kazooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day to complete on my N64.
Mon 05/08/02 at 17:56
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It's a brilliant RPG that was released too late in the N64's lifetime in order to become a huge success like Mario 64 or GoldenEye.

It may not be a Mario 64 sequel, it may envlove the same old storyline, but this really is one of the best games ever released on the N64!

Get a copy if you can, but I doubt many people will be too happy to sell!
Have you tried GameStation??

Damn, that's another N64 game I still need to complete...
Mon 05/08/02 at 15:56
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Ah.. 6Bit Mario. Now those were the days. Super Mario Bros. 3 has got
> to up there with my favourite games of all time. It just had that
> Nintendo magic that was significantly lacking in Super Mario 64.

6 bit...?

the NES was 8 bit I'm sure...
Mon 05/08/02 at 15:55
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I have Paper Mario, it's very good, only problem is that it's not exactly too short, it's just they should have cranked up the difficulty a little...

If you're a veteran RPG player (or just a big RPG fan like myself) it probably won't take too long to complete. It's not a short game, it is quite long and there's a large world to explore. But it's just not difficult. You rarely die and even the bosses rarely take more than one try. However getting all the badges, discovering all recipes and all that will take you a long time, but it's whether you will be motivated to do that or not. I can't say I've done all that stuff, but undoubtedly I will play through this game again at some point (just not now, maybe once I rediscover Mario in Mazza Sunshine I'll feel compelled for some more Mazza action...)

I would sell it to you but I want to keep it. Sorry. Anyway, there's probably someone in this thread who is willing to sell anyhoo.
Mon 05/08/02 at 15:24
Regular
Ah.. 6Bit Mario. Now those were the days. Super Mario Bros. 3 has got to up there with my favourite games of all time. It just had that Nintendo magic that was significantly lacking in Super Mario 64.
Mon 05/08/02 at 13:04
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
In bows mansion if you go into the room with the crate and the big pot and you jump into the pot you come out as a 6bit mario and music turns into the mario theme. To change back go back in the pot or leave the room.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.