GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IBM Harddrive"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/08/02 at 20:18
Regular
Anyone know if an IBM hdd will run with an Intel motherboard? doesn't say anything in the spec details i've got, i'd have thought they'd be no problems but i'm just checking :)
Mon 05/08/02 at 17:31
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
It's not always the hdd that looses the data, infected by a virus, dodgy cables linked to other devices or an IBM hdd!!!!!!
could be loads of things that would screw it up, I guess time will tell wether they make good budget drives or not :p i'd have bought a better one, but it's running on a 233Mhz PC anyway so a dodgy drive won't make much difference.
Mon 05/08/02 at 14:29
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
cjh wrote:
> Just keep those all important back ups, just in csae :o)

And what better way to do that than a nice 80gig Maxtor harddrive? ;-)

> Could you let us know how it works out (i.e. that is hasn't crashed
> yet), as I always thought IBM were a good company.

At some things - but defnintely not harddrives :-)

Look at it like this - the most important piece of hardware I own is not my XP2000, or my Ti550, or even my remote keyboard. The most important piece of hardware I own is a 10gig harddrive that sits on my gateway and holds all my music, websites, personal data - everything. If I lost that, I'd be crushed. What's on my harddisks is irreplacable, and never in a million years would I entrust this data to a company that has been known to produce extremely low quiality harddrives, which millions of people have problems with. I just wouldn't - end of story.
Mon 05/08/02 at 12:47
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Well no doubt, if anything goes wrong i'll moan about it here first, i'm just hoping I won't have to, the company thats selling the drives also have a range that are cheaper but not as fast so I doubt they'd make the same quality (or not) just to make quick money.
Get it tomorrow, so if all goes well, i'll be running Linux soon, yay.

All I need now is a router, are there any companies better than Netgear for networking componants? as it's £70 for a 4+1 router :/
Mon 05/08/02 at 11:14
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Just keep those all important back ups, just in csae :o)

Could you let us know how it works out (i.e. that is hasn't crashed yet), as I always thought IBM were a good company.
Mon 05/08/02 at 10:54
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
On a harddrive, what else would give BUT the harddrive? :D
anyway, only asked a question, Whooo! answered it in the first reply! :D
*pats you all on the back for your input* thanks anyway :)
Sun 04/08/02 at 01:52
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
~Resurection~ wrote:
> well of course it would, anyway IBM make well good HDD which is why i
> have 2, a 40Gig and an 80Gig
>
> :-)

No, they make well cheap HDDs, that are big because that's the only way they can sell them. However, they're cheap AND big at the same time, and because you don't get something for nothing, something's got to give - and in many cases it's the harddrive :-)
Sat 03/08/02 at 17:32
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
The hdd is retail boxed so i'll just get a cardboard box with all the goodies in, hopefully none of it will be damaged but i've got to wait an extra week for the RAM so i'm in no rush...
Sat 03/08/02 at 17:24
Regular
"hockeyphotos.com"
A warning to anyone returning IBM hard drives back to IBM. Unless they are packed in their original packaging, including the antistatic bag, IBM may not accept it. Also, if the drive is under warranty, you also invalidate the warranty. This information is on their website.

Chris.
Sat 03/08/02 at 16:47
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
well of course it would, anyway IBM make well good HDD which is why i have 2, a 40Gig and an 80Gig

:-)
Sat 03/08/02 at 14:03
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
You crazy fella Turbo :p
IBM's a good company, actually looking forward to trying out some of their software under Linux.

Anyway, what Tom said has reasured me, I had a faulty motherboard a while back, sent it back to the company along with the rest of my PC..etc got a new (better) one, but that doesn't matter, the terms and conditions for the company i've bought from are very good so i'm happy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.