GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IBM Harddrive"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/08/02 at 20:18
Regular
Anyone know if an IBM hdd will run with an Intel motherboard? doesn't say anything in the spec details i've got, i'd have thought they'd be no problems but i'm just checking :)
Thu 15/08/02 at 09:59
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
i've got a 39 pin cable (ATA) and the motherboard has 40 pin so the new cable doesn't fit :)
I can't try it now, my PC still isn't finished and my main PC has scsi cables, meh. Probably still work though.
Wed 14/08/02 at 17:51
Regular
The hard drive will still work on your system mate, the motherboard can probably take up to ATA 33/66, most hard drives are backwords compatible anyway.

c.b.
Wed 14/08/02 at 09:06
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
:p I didn't get round to doing it, my PCs too old, the hdd is ATA! arg, my mobo only supports IDE (ATA isn't IDE, it's IDE ATA :D )
makes no sense to me, but in other words, ATA is 39 pin, IDE is 40 pin :D
so i'mgonna buy a new mobo/cpu which will be better, works out at £60 and I get a 1.5Ghz PC at the end...
Tue 13/08/02 at 22:44
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I'll call the mortuary then.
Tue 13/08/02 at 17:04
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
It's still in it's casing, with my dvd drive, i'm going to try and install it now :D if you never hear from me again, it didn't work and my dad killed me.
Tue 13/08/02 at 16:05
Regular
"How Handy."
IBM drives are good when they work, just they dont work very much.
Tue 13/08/02 at 00:52
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
*cough* bung *cough*
Sun 11/08/02 at 13:49
Regular
""
Just by way of conversation, PC PRO mag (one of the few pc mags i would bother buying monthly) put the IBM 120GXP hdd at the top of their recent lab reviews for hard drives, and into their A list for products. Beat the likes of Seagate, Maxtor and Western Digital when put head to head.

I know IBM have been knocked in the past, but these days I think their reputation is back with the big boys.

www.pcpro.co.uk/labs/labs_story.php? issue=94&id=26913&headline=Hard+Disks
Sun 11/08/02 at 11:12
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Just had a look at SR's magazine, the IBM hdd is £10 more than both the Seagate and Maxtor drives, *dances* not that this means anything at all, just thought i'd point it out.
Mon 05/08/02 at 19:34
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Agreed, Euripdies has a nice Maxtor, but the IDE bus is so slow it's painful.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.