GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Save Mr. Nice Guy campaign"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/08/02 at 18:52
Regular
Poor Mr. Nice Guy can't get ADSL in his area, because he's 2 miles away from the exchange point. He was thinking of getting ISDN, but it all failed miserably, because it would cost £70 more then ADSL to install, then about £400 more a month to have 128k connection, which is nothing compared to the 512k connection of ADSL. So, Mr. Nice Guy was just going through the forums and he saw a link for Freeola ADSL, which I must say is mighty cheap for what you get and a great idea. So, Mr. Nice Guy goes through all the stuff, and sees you can fill in a form, which then gets sent to BT to show you're interest and if there's enough internet, they'll install ADSL in my area.

So, come on ladies. Pop over to the below link and make up some false name and just make sure your phone number is 01359 23xxxx then replace the x's with any numbers you like. For what you do today, will echo in eterniny, and you'll have my eternal blessings. And if this fails, then I'll volunteer people to catapult themselves at BT HQ.

http://freeola.com/adsl/adsl_signup_2.php
Sat 03/08/02 at 00:25
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Welcome, to AOL is the rubbishest thing ever, because it connects, and then it says "looking for AOL", and won't let you connect.
Sometimes it doesn't even dial...
Sat 03/08/02 at 00:23
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Just did it... it didn't accept the first 2 phone numbers I put...

That caused me great amounts of emotional pain, and psychological trauma... I'm sueing SR...
Fri 02/08/02 at 23:22
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Welcome, To AOL.
It's so rubbish I cry.
Fri 02/08/02 at 23:15
Regular
Lawless Fever wrote:
> Done :)

Do you remember a time when i wasn't blocked?
Fri 02/08/02 at 22:49
Regular
"Selected"
ShadowDragon wrote:
> Hull has it's own telephone company. Kingston Communications.

I'm on 'Kingy Commy' as well...dial-up though because I'm not a rich ponce.

It's not easy being poor y'know...
Fri 02/08/02 at 22:42
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Ha ha, AOL...

Anyhoo. I'll do it later. If I remember. Which I probably won't.

But take consolation in the fact that if I was incredibly clever and could write special programs and stuff, I'd write one to fill in random information on that form constantly with those first few phone number digits.

Unfortunately until I learn such coding methods, and until I can be sure I won't be caught by the police for some hacking offence I can offer no such help. Except filling out the form once. Which I'll do later. If I remember...
Fri 02/08/02 at 22:02
Bah. I'm in Hull. We couldn't get Freeola in our area 'cos there is no BT. For some reason, Hull has it's own telephone company. Kingston Communications supply broadband, but it comes with terms and conditions, which makes it difficult to get. We're only here for 11 months, but there's a 12 month contract. Argh!

So, if people would be so kind as to write a cheque to me and send it to:

What? Advertising unwanted information is spam? Oh well. I'll just have many sleepless nights crying at my 56K connection. With AOL.

*Runs off and cries*
Fri 02/08/02 at 21:54
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Nice guy how many people need to reply saying they want broadband for bt to install it?
Fri 02/08/02 at 21:39
Regular
"ProGolfer"
If anyone gets even more bored i would appreciate it to!!

Use 01280 86xxxx

Thanks, if you do.
Fri 02/08/02 at 21:35
Regular
"everyone says it"
Hmmm.

Move house.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.