GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2 crashed xbox's"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/08/02 at 10:07
Regular
During my travel's, i have seen 2 xbox consoles which have crashed in 2 different stores. One was showing a frozen image, and the controller would not respond - like a PC crash. The other crashed after someone finished a level and it went back to the retry screen. Problem was it would not re-enter the level or do anything else. How common is this sort of thing. My PS2 has only crashed 1 time since i bought it, about 18 months ago. I haven't seen any crashed GameCube's yet. Plus, Xbox has had problems with scratching discs. I don't think i will be changing over just yet. Perhaps MS will make a software fix via download, when XboxLive starts up.
Fri 02/08/02 at 13:27
Regular
i fear that in the future, crashing consoles will be accepted as the norm, regardless of which one you own. I think that all future consoles will have much more complex OS software, and of course the games will also be a lot more complex. With the introduction of hard disc's, software from various games can be stored inside the console leading possible future code conflicts between the data from one game and another. Much in the same way you get different issue video drivers and so on the PC hard disc.
Fri 02/08/02 at 12:35
"Darkness, always"
HeXXXagon wrote:
> I always thought it was the diisk that makes it crashes because there
> are scratches on it and the laser cannot read any more.
>
> huh.
>
> Dunno.
>
> :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

or the laser can come out of alignment, or the hardware can overheat, or the graphics engine can bottleneck or ratatatatatatatata
Fri 02/08/02 at 12:30
Regular
My PS2 always crashes when i am on GTA3, a message comes up and says "error reading the Grand Theft Auto 3 DVD", i can't change it because i had it since christmas and the date for it to be taken back has been expired bby about 4 months.
Fri 02/08/02 at 12:27
Regular
I always thought it was the diisk that makes it crashes because there are scratches on it and the laser cannot read any more.

huh.

Dunno.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Fri 02/08/02 at 12:26
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
My Gamecube has never crashed *fingers crossed*. But my N64 done it 3 times.
Fri 02/08/02 at 12:23
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Hasnt it got something to do with that games aswell though?

My PS2 has only crashed whilst playing TIF2002. Everyone elses TIF2002 doesnt crash for them so I think it was just my copy.

Ive not really seen any other consoles crash at all. So I dunno what to think.

Ah well, just as long as mine doesnt break then its ok.

:)
Fri 02/08/02 at 12:19
Regular
lol :) My xbox has'nt crashed yet, but it will sometime....
Fri 02/08/02 at 12:16
"Darkness, always"
unlucky. Like I say, mine has yet to crash without me forcing it to fly half way across my bedroom without appropriate landing gear.
Fri 02/08/02 at 12:09
Regular
Eh? Trust me all consoles crash, Its note to cry about, My mates gamecube crashed the other day. All we did was just reset the console and carryed on playing.
Fri 02/08/02 at 12:05
"Darkness, always"
I've left my GC on overnight a couple of times by accident. Woke up, realised it was turned on, started playing... No problems.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.