GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2 crashed xbox's"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/08/02 at 10:07
Regular
During my travel's, i have seen 2 xbox consoles which have crashed in 2 different stores. One was showing a frozen image, and the controller would not respond - like a PC crash. The other crashed after someone finished a level and it went back to the retry screen. Problem was it would not re-enter the level or do anything else. How common is this sort of thing. My PS2 has only crashed 1 time since i bought it, about 18 months ago. I haven't seen any crashed GameCube's yet. Plus, Xbox has had problems with scratching discs. I don't think i will be changing over just yet. Perhaps MS will make a software fix via download, when XboxLive starts up.
Fri 02/08/02 at 10:07
Regular
During my travel's, i have seen 2 xbox consoles which have crashed in 2 different stores. One was showing a frozen image, and the controller would not respond - like a PC crash. The other crashed after someone finished a level and it went back to the retry screen. Problem was it would not re-enter the level or do anything else. How common is this sort of thing. My PS2 has only crashed 1 time since i bought it, about 18 months ago. I haven't seen any crashed GameCube's yet. Plus, Xbox has had problems with scratching discs. I don't think i will be changing over just yet. Perhaps MS will make a software fix via download, when XboxLive starts up.
Fri 02/08/02 at 10:09
"Uzi Lover"
Consoles shouldn't crash, that's what my PC's for.

If I wanted to have the joy of something I'm doing crashing, it's simple, I'll go to my PC, not my console.

Did you see any SNES's, Megadrive's, N64's etc crash? Nope.

Damn computers.
Fri 02/08/02 at 10:15
"Darkness, always"
My GC has crashed once, but only because I was sat too far away from it, and yanked the controller by accident, pulling the box off its shelf and sending it crashing into the floor.

It was fine after a reset though, and has never happened to me since...
Fri 02/08/02 at 10:15
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Solution:

Dont let consoles drive.
Fri 02/08/02 at 10:18
"Uzi Lover"
Mr Ripper wrote:
> My GC has crashed once, but only because I was sat too far away from
> it, and yanked the controller by accident, pulling the box off its
> shelf and sending it crashing into the floor.

Grrrr how short are those wires on the Gamecube controllers!

Best free gift from SR = the Gamecube controller extender cables due to this.

They only made them short so you use that damn handle on the top/side of the Gamecube. Thing is, I don't. I jsut grab it by the side and then yank it right near the soft.
Fri 02/08/02 at 10:26
"Darkness, always"
I didn't bother buying the cable extentions, I just moved my bed closer to the TV...
Fri 02/08/02 at 12:01
Regular
Consoles crash - Its a fact. Its usually when they overheat, i saw a PS2 Crash in a shop most likely because of the console being on for a long time.
Fri 02/08/02 at 12:05
"Darkness, always"
I've left my GC on overnight a couple of times by accident. Woke up, realised it was turned on, started playing... No problems.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
Fri 02/08/02 at 12:09
Regular
Eh? Trust me all consoles crash, Its note to cry about, My mates gamecube crashed the other day. All we did was just reset the console and carryed on playing.
Fri 02/08/02 at 12:16
"Darkness, always"
unlucky. Like I say, mine has yet to crash without me forcing it to fly half way across my bedroom without appropriate landing gear.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.