GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got the final letter"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/11/00 at 17:00
Regular
I got the final letter this morning from Sony, and it said that my PS2 would be ready on the 24th November, launch day. HARAAAAAAA
For that split second I was content and then that feeling came back, I need one and I need it now! Well only 8 and a bit days to go............................. and counting.

Also with the letter came a PS2 Registration form which it says to fill in when you get your PS2, it also says that when you send the form off they will send you a demo disk! Does this mean you do not get one in the box? Or is this a second demo disk?
Fri 17/11/00 at 11:35
Regular
"Complete Banker"
AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! I don't live at my postal address!
(don't ask why, but I won't be there until next friday (I'm sure you can all guess the date)
And after seeing that many of you have your final confirmation letters I need to know if I have one!!!!
I can't take the suspense!!!!
Fri 17/11/00 at 08:56
Regular
"Whatever!"
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Got my final letter about ten minutes ago. One more week just one more week to wait - Does life get any better than this?
Thu 16/11/00 at 22:19
I got my final letter in second post today!!!
Finally, after all this time of waiting and waiting! Unfortunately, I gotta wait another week on top as I did it all by Mail Order, but I don't mind waiting as I heard in the U.S that there were fights all to do with the PS2, so going through the post put my mind at rest, as long as it does not get damaged in any way!!!

Anyone got that Official PS2 Magazine? I found it in WH Smith, so I had no choice but to get it! It came with the Official Disk, but has anyone seen Playstation World??? I did, it had a PS2 DVD Disk, and the Mag was only £2.99!!!

Just 8 days to go and the wait will finally be over!!!
Thu 16/11/00 at 20:45
To all who have their final letter...

Have any of you tried to access the 'anythingcouldhappen' section of Sony's website, mentioned on the registration form?

I have, and I can't get anything to load. I know there's no point filling it in until we have the machine, but I thought I'd have a look. All I get is image-boxes with no graphics, and nothing else.

Presumably it won't be 'live' until 24th, but I'd have thought there'd be a page saying *something*. Anyone else done any better?
Thu 16/11/00 at 19:25
Regular
"Whatever!"
I need to get that final letter!!!
What I dont understand is that I had a letter from Special Reserve telling me I have one from their first allocation of stock they recieve, but no official statement confirming that from Sony.
I will give it till early next week before I start to panic.
Thu 16/11/00 at 13:45
Check this out for over the top confidentiality. What a crock of bull!!!

All I wanted to know was whether my confirmation letter would come by post as my email is unavailable at the moment. Here is what they told me:

Hi,

Thanks for your enquiry.

I regret that we are unable to provide you with the information that you
requested, as we are not permitted to divulge this information to the
public.

Please be assured that whichever mode of delivery we use will be reliable.

Regards,

Colin
PSUK Consumer Services

ORIGINAL QUESTION:

Can you please tell me if all collection letters are being sent by Royal Mail. I believe they are but want to be sure as at present I am unable to use the email address that I registered with Sony.

Well I really hope that my letter is waiting for me when I get home
Thu 16/11/00 at 12:48
Aaaaggggghhhh, I only got the first letter and the little book yesterday. The letter was dated 31st Oct, maybe I'll get my confirming letter in 2 weeks from now. I'm worried, has anyone heard about the dreaded delivery problems?
Thu 16/11/00 at 12:45
Regular
Just got back from Lunch, popped home and my letter was there, i might now forgo the electric shock treatment for my holidaying postman
Thu 16/11/00 at 12:40
Well................................What can i say.....................I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETTER ARRIVED THIS MORNING, BUT I JUST OPENED IT NOW AS I HAVE BEEN AT A MEETING AT WORK.

THIS IS A GREAT FEELING!!!!!!!!!

I'M ON TOP OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thu 16/11/00 at 12:23
Woohoo! I got my letter to this morning- praise the lord! I wish it was the 24th tomorrow, then I will be getting a brand spanking new PS2! Ah well, at least I will be getting it on launch day. I cant have anything I want.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.