GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got the final letter"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/11/00 at 17:00
Regular
I got the final letter this morning from Sony, and it said that my PS2 would be ready on the 24th November, launch day. HARAAAAAAA
For that split second I was content and then that feeling came back, I need one and I need it now! Well only 8 and a bit days to go............................. and counting.

Also with the letter came a PS2 Registration form which it says to fill in when you get your PS2, it also says that when you send the form off they will send you a demo disk! Does this mean you do not get one in the box? Or is this a second demo disk?
Wed 15/11/00 at 17:00
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I got the final letter this morning from Sony, and it said that my PS2 would be ready on the 24th November, launch day. HARAAAAAAA
For that split second I was content and then that feeling came back, I need one and I need it now! Well only 8 and a bit days to go............................. and counting.

Also with the letter came a PS2 Registration form which it says to fill in when you get your PS2, it also says that when you send the form off they will send you a demo disk! Does this mean you do not get one in the box? Or is this a second demo disk?
Wed 15/11/00 at 17:04
Excellent news! Well, for you, anyway!

Come on, Post Office - where the hell is mine?! :-/
Wed 15/11/00 at 17:15
Has anyone got a final email yet?
Wed 15/11/00 at 17:18
Someone mentioned that the collection letters were all going by Royal Mail.
Wed 15/11/00 at 17:25
What if you asked for confirmation by email? I have had my first email saying a ps2 has been allocated to me, just not when it will be available.
Wed 15/11/00 at 17:35
Yes, I thought that was weird. I'm not complaining if it's true, though, as I had untold problems with the confirmation e-mail. I never actually received the original, and they couldn't send a copy. So had to e satisfied with an e-mail saying 'yes you've got one' from the helpdesk. (amounted to the same thing , in essence).

Also, it may have something to do with the registration forms that Viperfire mentioned? Additional bumph they want to send? Who knows? We'll have to wait and see, though hopefully not too long...
Wed 15/11/00 at 19:01
Hi there, I also asked for confirmation by e-mail and I just received mine from Electronics Boutique to say I get mine on launch day :-)
I ordered online on their website on the 7th.

I'm so happy I could
(a)-Pay my community charge for the year
(b)-Be nice to my boss
(c)-Go to the mother in laws for dinner
but then I thought, nahhh...I need the money for games and I'm taking a sickie next Friday to await my PS2 and the MIL's cooking stinks so I'll be ordering take away.

Brian
Wed 15/11/00 at 19:11
Regular
Good news for us all that the letters are on their way. Normally my post comes before i go to work but sod's law says that my postman would decide to take this week as a holiday and his replacement only deilvers late morning, i could scream but instead i will wait to next week and electrify my letter box to get my own back
Wed 15/11/00 at 19:44
Regular
"Top Gun"
i just received this email from eb

Dear Kieron Pearce,

Ref: Your pre-order for the Sony PlayStation 2.
Order Number *****************

We are delighted to advise you that we have now received confirmation from Sony that we will shortly be in a position to ship your PlayStation 2

Our intention is to ship your order on Thursday November 23rd 2000 via next day delivery service. It is important to note that you will be required to sign for your delivery which will be made to;

*** ********** road
worthing
west sussex
United Kingdom
(im not giving you my address)

We will now commence collection of payment, initially we will be collecting £299.99. All additional items such as accessories and software purchased, plus delivery etc. will be charged at the date of dispatch.

Now that you know your Sony PlayStation 2 is on it's way make sure you have everything you need to experience it to the full over the Christmas period. There is still time to order extra games, DVD movies, plus more.Just visit http://www.eb.uk.com, place your order and we can add it to your delivery.

Thank you for shopping with eb.uk.com

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any queries, via email, at:

mailto:[email protected]

Yours Sincerely,

Tim Dutson
Head of Online Operations
Wed 15/11/00 at 20:45
I hear some of you have got the final letters from sony. I was wondering what date people placed their orders who are due to recieve the wonderous machine come launch day. I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago, very late........I live in hope of an xmas everything playstation. I need info, cos sony sure are staying tight lipped!!!! Sorry to prattle on, but am i the only one who thinks this whole pre order thing is just a perfect bit of marketing from sony??????? Japan months ago, the usa last month, it cant be that hard to get a load of ps2's to the uk b4 xmas.....surely.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.