GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best James Bond film"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/07/02 at 11:07
Regular
I see a discussion about James Bond films has begun in another topic. Lets give this subject a proper home. The simple question is which is the best James Bond film (well maybe it isn't so simple)

In case you can't remember them all here is a list.
dr no, from russia with love, goldfinger, thunderball, you only live twice, on her majestys secret service, diamonds are forever, live and let die, the man with the golden gun, the spy who loved me, moonraker, for your eyes only, octopussy, a view to a kill, the living daylights, licence to kill, goldeneye, tommorow never dies, the world is not enough.

Now, you can't just name the film, you have to give a reason.

My personal opinion - golfinger is the classic Bond film, the spy who loved me was Moore's best film and Tommorow Never Dies is the best since (well the first hour anyway)

Add your thoughts
Mon 26/08/02 at 02:44
Forget Goldfinger! I am a huge Bond fan but I definitely wouldnt put it first for anything. I'd have to pick License To Kill because Bond is dangerous, deadly, and most important he's not working for the government. He's an outlaw and he's out for revenge. Thats what makes for a great butt whoopin'. Bond is supposed to be the best and he stands against the most dangerous drug lord in all the world and comes out on top even beaten and bleeding. Even Pierce Brosnan or Sean Connery could pull that off. You have to have a strong man to be a strong character and Timothy Dalton rocked the boat baby!

Chris
Sat 24/08/02 at 10:54
Regular
"smile, it's free"
How long do ITV have the license for the bond films for? I know they bought it up a few years ago, but I think it's due to run out soon? I'd hazard a guess that the last run of films was the final fling before it expires, though I may be wrong.

I would also have to disagree that Roger Moore wasn't a top class bond. Firstly, the accent was English, (which is one up over at least one other bond) yet also he delivers the smoothest, most lid back secret agent you could ever wish to see. He oozes confidence, and devliers the one liners excellently.

It's hard to compare any of the Bond actors... they all played things slightly differently. Connery was great all round, Moore was so very smooth, Dalton played an emotion driven Bond, very close to how he was portayed in the books, and Brosnan has played a more human bond. Lazenby was just dire.

As for the best Bond film, it has to be goldfinger. It has an excellent blend of spy action, witty one liners, and some of the best baddies. Some of the more recent ones I'm not so keen on... they've become purely action movies, with little semblance of a plot, and none of the wit and charm present in the early films.

That being said, you can't get better than skydiving into a falling plane.
Fri 23/08/02 at 23:51
Regular
"col"
They'e finally stopped showing bond films on itv License to kill was the last 1 i think inless they are simply taking a break or sumin. My mate watched them on itv and said they are going to show the star wars films insted, is this true?
Thu 22/08/02 at 14:33
Regular
"699 days!"
Fog wrote:
> I'm a fan of all the original Bond films, although Goldeneye was good
> the rest suck.

Wait a minute. FIrst you say

Roger Moore was the worst Bond other than the American tart from 'Her
> Majest'y Secret Service

' First time I saw that I thought it was a
> joke, heh.
>

But then...

> View to a Kill - best Bond film because of the theme tune (best one in
> my opinion)
>

A roger Moore!
> BMWs also suck, now hes driving an Aston Martin? shameless American's
> buying our motors, bah, he should drive a Bentley or something.
Thu 22/08/02 at 13:48
Regular
"i like cars!!!!!!"
living daylights was not on yesterday it was last week.
LICENCE TO KILL
was on last night because i watced it.
Mon 19/08/02 at 02:21
Regular
xy2k wrote:
> Watched The Living Daylights last night on ITV. It was quite good.

yeah it is quite good, I think timothy D was underrated as a bond. He manages to portray a much more realistic bond I think.

I could only narrow it to three, as they are all brilliant :

1) Spy who loved me
2) a view to a kill
3) For your eyes only
Sun 18/08/02 at 22:03
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
I liked Goldeneye but im not sure which Bond film is my favourite.
Fri 16/08/02 at 00:24
Regular
"col"
I saw the living daylights aswell but didnt think it was gud compared to the other 1s which have been on ITV recently, any1 else think the same?
Thu 15/08/02 at 16:11
Watched The Living Daylights last night on ITV. It was quite good.
Wed 14/08/02 at 23:42
Regular
"col"
I havnt actually seen all of the bond films coz im only 15 but I am nattering my mam and dad for the whole collection, excluding no.20. Ive only been watching em since they came on ITV a couple of weeks ago but my best 1s so far has to be the ones were jaws is in coz he is funny.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.