GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Super Smash Bros. Melee - The Tournament"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/07/02 at 17:02
Regular
Hey, I'm gonna run a tournament of my own. It may have been done a few times before, but they're good fun and the more the merrier, eh? Okay then, so it's going to work like this:
---------------------------------------------
There are sixteen places available (four groups of four). To register for the tournament - you don't need SSBM to do this - pick one of the characters below:

- Mario
- Dr. Mario
- Luigi
- Bowser
- Peach
- Yoshi
- Donkey Kong
- Captain Falcon
- Ganondorf
- Fox McCloud
- Falco
- Ness
- Ice Climbers
- Kirby
- Samus
- Zelda
- Link
- Young Link
- Pikachu
- Jiggly-Puff
- Marth
- Roy

Once you've picked the character you want, tell me by posting a message in this thread. If, however, you notice that someone already has the character you want, you can still have that character but please specify a different colour in the post.
All the rules will be set as default and the matches will be two minutes long. The arena will be RANDOM each time, and your characters will be set at CPU Level 9. The only change to the rules will be the objects on VERY HIGH probability, to make for a more unpredictable match. I will start the matches at 18:00 tomorrow (25th July) providing sixteen people have signed up.
It will start with group stages (A,B,C,D) and you will play against the other three people in your group totalling three matches before you get to the knock out stage. Once the group stages are up, the top two people from each group will qualify for the quarter finals, then, logically, it will go onto the semi finals, third place play offs, and ultimately the grand final.
I thought this might be a fun thing to do, considering the recent success of Foreman's tournament - so post you character and possibly colour to register for the sixteen!
Tue 06/08/02 at 10:19
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Do I look like BIGMAN to you??!! Gah...
Mon 05/08/02 at 23:35
Regular
Not at all Nath, and I'm hoping to have the final up tomorrow BIGMAN. I'll post an 'Awards Ceremony' in a different topic, as I've got some different awards that anyone who signed up originally could win.
Mon 05/08/02 at 19:05
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
When ya gonna have the final up Mav? I'm itching to receive my gold medal. (Note to Tilta: I am supremely confident in the Docs abilities).

:D
Mon 05/08/02 at 16:02
Regular
"  "
4th...not bad :D

Thanks for doing all this by the way Maverick, it's been fun :)
Mon 05/08/02 at 15:00
Regular
So, we now see the first part of our final results:

1st: ?
2nd: ?
3rd: BIGMAN (Young Link)
4th: Na†ßu© (Yoshi)
Mon 05/08/02 at 14:59
Regular
Third Place Play Offs

Young Link (BIGMAN) vs. Yoshi (Na†ßu©)
Stage: Termina – Great Bay

Young Link opened this match well with frantic sword attacks, leaving Yoshi with little time to come back. Around half way though, Yoshi’s performance started picking up, but it was a quick counter attack at the end that gave Young Link that final point:

Young Link (BIGMAN):
2 KNOCK OUTs, 1 FALL, 2 SELF DESTRUCTs = -1.

Yoshi (Na†ßu©):
0 KNOCK OUTs, 2 FALLs, 1 SELF DESTRUCT = 0.

WINNER:
Young Link (BIGMAN)
Mon 05/08/02 at 14:52
Regular
I'll have the third place play offs up by 15:00 today. Promise. :)
Mon 05/08/02 at 11:18
Regular
"  "
Bah, stupid Yoshi and his hammer :(
He better win 3rd place or else :D
Sun 04/08/02 at 19:40
Regular
Okay, third place play offs will be up soon!
Sun 04/08/02 at 18:51
Regular
Uncle Albert wrote:
> You're goin DOWN Tilta! :P

I don't go down for anyone, especially you :P

Bring it on biatch!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.