GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Super Smash Bros. Melee - The Tournament"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/07/02 at 17:02
Regular
Hey, I'm gonna run a tournament of my own. It may have been done a few times before, but they're good fun and the more the merrier, eh? Okay then, so it's going to work like this:
---------------------------------------------
There are sixteen places available (four groups of four). To register for the tournament - you don't need SSBM to do this - pick one of the characters below:

- Mario
- Dr. Mario
- Luigi
- Bowser
- Peach
- Yoshi
- Donkey Kong
- Captain Falcon
- Ganondorf
- Fox McCloud
- Falco
- Ness
- Ice Climbers
- Kirby
- Samus
- Zelda
- Link
- Young Link
- Pikachu
- Jiggly-Puff
- Marth
- Roy

Once you've picked the character you want, tell me by posting a message in this thread. If, however, you notice that someone already has the character you want, you can still have that character but please specify a different colour in the post.
All the rules will be set as default and the matches will be two minutes long. The arena will be RANDOM each time, and your characters will be set at CPU Level 9. The only change to the rules will be the objects on VERY HIGH probability, to make for a more unpredictable match. I will start the matches at 18:00 tomorrow (25th July) providing sixteen people have signed up.
It will start with group stages (A,B,C,D) and you will play against the other three people in your group totalling three matches before you get to the knock out stage. Once the group stages are up, the top two people from each group will qualify for the quarter finals, then, logically, it will go onto the semi finals, third place play offs, and ultimately the grand final.
I thought this might be a fun thing to do, considering the recent success of Foreman's tournament - so post you character and possibly colour to register for the sixteen!
Wed 24/07/02 at 17:02
Regular
Hey, I'm gonna run a tournament of my own. It may have been done a few times before, but they're good fun and the more the merrier, eh? Okay then, so it's going to work like this:
There are sixteen places available (four groups of four). To register for the tournament - you don't need SSBM to do this - pick one of the characters below:

- Mario
- Dr. Mario
- Luigi
- Bowser
- Peach
- Yoshi
- Donkey Kong
- Captain Falcon
- Ganondorf
- Fox McCloud
- Falco
- Ness
- Ice Climbers
- Kirby
- Samus
- Zelda
- Link
- Young Link
- Pikachu
- Jiggly-Puff
- Marth
- Roy

Once you've picked the character you want, tell me by posting a message in this thread. If, however, you notice that someone already has the character you want, you can still have that character but please specify a different colour in the post.
All the rules will be set as default and the matches will be two minutes long. The arena will be RANDOM each time, and your characters will be set at CPU Level 9. The only change to the rules will be the objects on VERY HIGH probability, to make for a more unpredictable match. I will start the matches at 18:00 tomorrow (25th July) providing sixteen people have signed up.
It will start with group stages (A,B,C,D) and you will play against the other three people in your group totalling three matches before you get to the knock out stage. Once the group stages are up, the top two people from each group will qualify for the quarter finals, then, logically, it will go onto the semi finals, third place play offs, and ultimately the grand final.
I thought this might be a fun thing to do, considering the recent success of Foreman's tournament - so post you character and possibly colour to register for the sixteen!
Wed 24/07/02 at 17:05
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Young Link please
Wed 24/07/02 at 17:07
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Oh sorry, i'll be his normal colour
Wed 24/07/02 at 17:10
Regular
No need to specify a colour if no-one already has your character.
Wed 24/07/02 at 17:10
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I'll take fox this time, oh, and his normal colour please!
Wed 24/07/02 at 17:14
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Link, Please in original colours
Wed 24/07/02 at 17:15
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Pikachu please :P
Wed 24/07/02 at 17:23
Regular
"One More Chance"
I will have Marth in his normal colours.
Wed 24/07/02 at 17:37
Luigi in normal colours please.
Wed 24/07/02 at 17:40
Regular
Ten places left people

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.