GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CDouch - infected!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/07/02 at 12:45
Regular
Just got a message from you dude - "Leelo y reenvialo a quienes mas amas."

This thing won't go away!
Sat 20/07/02 at 13:05
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
The thing is out of all of you who have got it from 'me', only Tom is on my Contact lists. I dont even know everyone elses address. Also emails from me would say 'Chris D' not '[email protected]'...

So i'm confused.

i got the email a week or 2 back, opened it, but didnt click on the attachments. Am I screwed?
Sat 20/07/02 at 12:58
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Want to hear something weird?

I got one from me too.

So I dont know what's going on...I just know I dont speak Spanish
Sat 20/07/02 at 11:31
Regular
"everyone says it"
I have just received it again from Wookie and CDouch.

!!!!!!!
Fri 19/07/02 at 23:14
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I also got the one from you, CDouch.

Just to make sure, no one has recieved one of these emails from me have they? Because if they have, I'll have to warn all my friends not to open any attachments from me.

It's strange how it managed to effect Wookiee even though he didn't open it :S
Fri 19/07/02 at 20:47
"Stupid Newbie :D"
If you're worried about having the virus on your comp', and have no form of virus scan or removal software, then I'd strongly advise visiting http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Its a free, web-based virus scanner and cleaner, I keep the link handy coz I usually have to help someone or other remove a virus from their comp at least twice every three weeks (so much fun. ;) ). If you can find the name of the virus for me, I can link a cleaner program, you can download these and they're specifically made for the removal of that one virus.

Virus names are usually something like W32.Klez.H@mm, if I know which one in particular is the offending culprit here, I can help.
Fri 19/07/02 at 20:40
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
AfroJoe wrote:
> If you open the attachment, warning signs appear on your computer
> every 15 minutes, and if you don't find the 'cure' for the virus in 8
> hours, all files on your machine are wiped out.

LOL that would make a good gameshow.
Fri 19/07/02 at 17:19
Regular
Yeh, had this from Cdouch as well. I have seen him on this site but do not talk to him on MSN so how has he passed this on to me.
Fri 19/07/02 at 13:06
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
er-no wrote:
> WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Apparently not!
>
> Crap. What does the virus do then? I have had the email in my box a
> few times?!!!

---

It does nothing unless you open the attachment.

If you open the attachment, warning signs appear on your computer every 15 minutes, and if you don't find the 'cure' for the virus in 8 hours, all files on your machine are wiped out.

So just don't open the attachment.

Oh, and the longer you keep the e-mail, the more contacts it spreads onto.
Fri 19/07/02 at 13:03
Regular
"everyone says it"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Sorry - made a mistake...
>
> They haven't got the VIRUS as such, but they've had the e-mail.
>
> Which supposedly means that the virus is active even without opening
> the message. How else could they have got it from me?

Very very very very interesting. Why so? Let me explain.

I have a few hotmail accounts, a few days back in my nokyle one I received the virus from my respawnserver one. However, I hadn't been into that respawn one for well over ten days, and I am stil baffled as to how I managed to send the email on. Also, nokyle isn't even in my respawn list.

Answer that?!!
Fri 19/07/02 at 13:01
Regular
"  "
I downloaded the stupid thing 2 times thinking it was some fancy screensaver :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.