GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The OFFICIAL Prisoner Of War post."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/07/02 at 10:23
Regular
Heres my Prisoner Of War post! To start us off I will write some info on the game.

Prisoner Of War

(http://www.codemasters.com/redirect DELETE ME!! /redirect.php?url=/pow/front.htm)

Pros +

-3 big areas to discover and look around + revisits to certain areas in different conditions.
-Lots of items to use.
-Unwinding plot that is discoved as the game progresses.
-Superior enemy AI said to be better than MGS2's.
-Lots of people to interact with including people that sell you items and let you play minigames.
-Daily routines that you must learn and adapt to.
-Graphics are clear and smooth.

Cons -

-Graphics may seem a little undetailed.
-A bit more linear than expected.
-No two player.
-Sometimes annoying camera angles.

My overall score 8/10

So theres the pros and cons. But how does it fair in certain catergories?

Graphics- Nothing great but they do the job and the day/night appearence is affective. 7/10

Gameplay- Very original. Deep down it is just another stealth but the idea and the way of portraying the idea is nice and new and a joy to play. 8/10

Sound- You do get a feel of your surroundings from the sound. Birds chirp and other stuff. Nice voice acting too. 8/10

Lifespan- The game may become a bit boring by the time you get to the end level but the story will keep you going. 7/10

Thanks for reading.

Now lets start this conversation!
Sun 28/07/02 at 09:23
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
KR wrote:
> i must see whether i can rent it out tonight, i need to play it

Try Blockbuster, they always seem to be updated in the games section
Sat 27/07/02 at 21:30
Regular
"  "
Well kinda, they search you out but if they can't find you they say "Oh, I cant be bothered with you American!" because they probably realise that your still in the camp. It's not like you have escaped. Then they would be bothered.
Sat 27/07/02 at 21:20
Regular
"accidental superher"
i read in an xbox version review (i assume they are identical) that there are the odd niggles and loopholes in the AI...namely you can leg it and the moment they lose sight of you they don't bother chasing you...is this true?
Sat 27/07/02 at 14:49
Regular
i must see whether i can rent it out tonight, i need to play it
Sat 27/07/02 at 14:41
Regular
"  "
...Just some crates of Bud.
Sat 27/07/02 at 13:50
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
Got POW from SR as my GAD last night. Had to help my wifes Auntie move house last night and am working today so have only had 1 hour on it so far

:o(

BUT my wife is away for the rest of the day and I am heading home shortly to get a crate of Bud and settle down to some serious gaming.

My initial thoughts on the game is that the graphics are not exceptional but the freedom and more importantly the atmosphere is great. The thing that make MOH:F great is the atmosphere. You really feel the tension when you are crawling around in the dark hiding under trucks avoiding guards. I never thought a game with no guns could be so much fun.

So remember kiddies - You don't need a gun to have a good time!!!!!
Thu 25/07/02 at 20:39
Regular
i tried renting this today but aint out to rent in the place i went so i might just buy it
Thu 25/07/02 at 11:53
Regular
"  "
To get to the next camp it will probably take you another half hour depending on how hard you find the final task.
Thu 25/07/02 at 11:08
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Yeh its in the holding camp Natbuc, how long does it take to complete the first couple of stages?
Thu 25/07/02 at 10:31
Regular
"  "
Goatboy wrote:
> Played this after buying it on Natbuc's review and recommendation.
>
> It's great fun.
> A tad hard until you get into the flow of it, managed eventually to
> escape the holding camp with a grade B and am now at Stalag Luft.
>
> Cheers for the recomm.

Thats ok, i'm pleased you like it, really pleased and relieved :D
HEY ASHER DONT U HAVE THE GAME TOO? WHAT DO YOU THINK TO IT?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.