GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has Everyone Got An OFFICIAL Pre-Order Form?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/11/00 at 13:12
Regular
Have you got the official blue form from sony, or have you pre-ordered another way? According to most people that i have talked to, only with the official pre-order form will you get a PS2. Is this right, or not?

I have heard some people saying that they pre-ordered over the net, and so do not have the official blue form. Will this affect their chances of getting a PS2?

Sorry for all the questions, but i have been led to believe that yu had to have an official pre-order to stand any chance of getting a console before christmas. Now i pre-ordered on the 12th september, so a lot of people have got in the queue before me, so how can people who pre-ordered in the last couple of weeks jump to the front of the queue? This to me sounds suspect.

I hope that everyone who pre-ordered gets their console at launch, but information from Sony suggests otherwise.

Anyone else got a angle on this?
Sat 11/11/00 at 13:12
Have you got the official blue form from sony, or have you pre-ordered another way? According to most people that i have talked to, only with the official pre-order form will you get a PS2. Is this right, or not?

I have heard some people saying that they pre-ordered over the net, and so do not have the official blue form. Will this affect their chances of getting a PS2?

Sorry for all the questions, but i have been led to believe that yu had to have an official pre-order to stand any chance of getting a console before christmas. Now i pre-ordered on the 12th september, so a lot of people have got in the queue before me, so how can people who pre-ordered in the last couple of weeks jump to the front of the queue? This to me sounds suspect.

I hope that everyone who pre-ordered gets their console at launch, but information from Sony suggests otherwise.

Anyone else got a angle on this?
Sat 11/11/00 at 13:18
that could be why the PS2 had 35'000 thingy's cut.
cuz i ordered over the net a little while ago.
and they said i would definaely get one, then we was told a couple of days later when we rang agen that we ordered jus in time because they cant take anymore orders for relesae date and this was the day when sony made the announcement of the cut.
sumthing sounds a little suss. i dunno why but i have a feeling that more ppl r gonna get a PS" then they think.
we'll just have to wait and see.
Sat 11/11/00 at 13:33
I think you could very well be right pulsed. Here's hoping.
Sat 11/11/00 at 13:46
does anyone here now if a japanese ps2 will work in england an wiv english games an r they cheaper
Sat 11/11/00 at 14:01
Japanese console will b dearer because you have to get it from everseas,
it will work over here but it wont play English Games, you would have to get a converter. to play English games, if you can play japanese games but they will cost alot because you have to get it from overseas and you will have to leanr who to read and understand japanese, it will be better to wait and get an english one
Sat 11/11/00 at 14:05
Regular
Kieran

My understanding is that you need the blue order form to collect the PS2 from the retailer and this is what Sony have said.

However if you are ordering on the net it is not possible to fill in the preorder form but the white copy must be needed by Sony to place on the database queue.

It would be intresting to hear from someone who has ordered from Special Reserve like Matt to see if they have a blue preorder form.
Sat 11/11/00 at 14:11
I thought that it was right. But i suppose as long as Sony know that you are in the queue, that's ok. My other point was companies jumping the queue. What do you all think of that?
Sat 11/11/00 at 14:17
Regular
Whilst Sony have said that the date you preorder will determine your place in the queue, we have all heard stories of each retailer having certain numbers of PS2's.

I can only assume that some shops or retailers have not sold their full allocation of launch date PS2's through bad advertising (If this is possible) or only taking orders recently and not from 7th Sept.

I assume this is why there where still 35,000 forms out there which has been said in previous posts.
Sat 11/11/00 at 14:31
Regular
"Whatever!"
I have the blue order form. I got it when I recived the pre-order form confirmation from Sony. After recieving confirmation from Special Reserve last week that my PS2 will be dispatched within the first allocation of stock I can only hope that this will be on or just after the release date.
A lot of companies have different ways of dealing with their allocation. Here at Special Reserve it is based on first come first served. All orders before and on 26th March of this year will be fulfilled around November, I placed mine on the 19th March so therefore should (fingers crossed) get mine before Christmas.
Other companies were offering pre-order forms first come first served aswell, to their most loyal customers or by placing deposits down months in advanced.
I guess it is really up to the companies who gets first priority by their specific order sceme.
Sat 11/11/00 at 15:08
you should have a blue order as well,
you ordered it ages ago, probably one of the first people.
i guess no one knows what truely is going on. we will jus have to wait till the 24th

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.