GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box Vs* The Ps2"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/07/02 at 04:03
Regular
The console contest is only between two consoles and these are the two consoles:
1 The X-box soon to go on line with the great graphics and designs it has also made a great amount of money,
2 Now the Ps2 is also soon to go on line and its long black box the first console to have a built in DVD player and the games with un-realistic graphics is the other console to be in the contest to be the best console on earth.

Which console would you recommend to your fellow mates and partners and the reason's needed, Cheers and lets see which is the popular console.
Sat 20/07/02 at 12:44
gamezfreak wrote:
> Ahh all i have said is
>
> "Sales don't mean anything"
>
> Thats my opinion, why is my opinion making me look stupid, does it
> dance on my head or something?

--I was talking about all your comments in this forum, you are always making statements and opinionating(sp?) on things and then contradicting yourself, I class this as stupid giving reason to say what i did. let me give a few examples:
--

>I appluad up_in_smokes post, very intresting and i don't consider it biased at all. Most things in that post i totally agree with.

--
This being the post saying that the bigger the console the more powerful it is. Making the old Valve computers of the 50s more powerful than a brand new PC? You then go on to say...
--

"-the size and weight of my console is a lot bigger than your console
therefore the games will be better... "

>Yes that does sound a bit dumb.

--Nice little contradiction there, come on Gamezfreak i'm just asking you to think, I know that's hard for you, but just try.
Fri 19/07/02 at 14:52
Regular
That kinda prooves my point, LOL, I remember that one vauguely but it was probably best left alone.
Fri 19/07/02 at 14:49
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Ok, thats that problem sorted, now try and figure out why i have got
> my facts wrong (said by XRAli) in another post because i said
> "Nice Post Edgy"
>
> You know what SolidSnakeXII i did'nt like you at first. But your Ok
> now..
>
> *Gamezfreak moves SolidSnakeXII to his good books*

Yeah - the feeling's mutual :).
I have absolutely no idea what XRAli was going on about though.
Fri 19/07/02 at 14:48
Regular
Ok, thats that problem sorted, now try and figure out why i have got my facts wrong (said by XRAli) in another post because i said "Nice Post Edgy"

You know what SolidSnakeXII i did'nt like you at first. But your Ok now..

*Gamezfreak moves SolidSnakeXII to his good books*
Fri 19/07/02 at 14:44
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> *Gamezfreak stopping replying to this post until he finds out why my
> opinion makes me look stupid*

I personally didn't call you 'stupid' but:

1. You didn't voice an opinion - you voiced a statement, and I quote 'Sales don't mean anything'.

2. You are wrong in that statement. Sales mean absolutely everything. The point of this topic is to ask 'Which console is the most popular?'. So you think the most popular consoles are the ones that no-one buys, do you?

I do agree with garbe123, the Dreamcast does have some top quality games. But there's a bigger and better variety on the PS2, X-Box and Gamecube, and this is also shown through the sales.

Whether or not we want to be influenced by a bunch of figures, they're there, and they decide which is the 'people's console'.
Fri 19/07/02 at 14:39
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
> You give me one other console that Sega didn't produce which *failed*
> (so to speak) and I will call you a LIAR (in a nice way)!

Um, a console SEGA didn't produce which failed? The Virtualboy for one...
Fri 19/07/02 at 14:25
Regular
*Gamezfreak stopping replying to this post until he finds out why my opinion makes me look stupid*
Fri 19/07/02 at 14:10
Regular
I am not going to say that Sales do not matter because they do, take the Dreamcast for instance, a superb console with ground breaking games but it never took off, poor sales means = reduction in manufactoring = console failure, I know that may seem a brutal way to explain it and I know there is a lot more invloved but at the end of the day if a console doesn't sell then it will eventually be taken off the market. Having said that I think the point people are trying to get over is:

Poor sales does not mean poor games

I agree with this, look at some of the titles out on the Dreamcast:

Shenmue
Shenmue 2
Virtua Tennis
Virtua Tennis 2
Skies Of Arcadia
Sonic Adventure
Soul Calibur (only game I have seen score 10/10 on both IGN and GameSpot)
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Resident Evil 2 + 3 + Code Veronica
HeadHunter
Rez
Jet Grind Radio
Daytona USA 2001
Metropolitan Street Racer
Space Channel 5
Phantasy Star Online 1 + 2
House Of The Dead 2

You give me one other console that Sega didn't produce which *failed* (so to speak) and I will call you a LIAR (in a nice way)! This didn't stop Sega and other 3rd party developers producing some truly ground breaking titles for the system, poor sales have eventually stopped the console long before its life span of 6 years but take a look at some of the games available for it! Unlike most systems Sega develop most of the top titles for it and that is why it is sad to see such a dominent company stop making consoles!

I do admit sales are important but there can still be some great games released despite of any other road block which may get in the way. Don't you agree?
Fri 19/07/02 at 14:00
Regular
Exactly.

What i dont get is the fact i making myself look "stupid" because i said sales don't mean anything...
Fri 19/07/02 at 10:44
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:

> Ahh all i have said is
>
> "Sales don't mean anything"

I agree, Sales don't mean anything. I'd love to see someone try and tell me that because the PS1 outsold the Dreamcast and is outselling the X-Box in Japan, that it's a better console.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.