GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box Vs* The Ps2"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/07/02 at 04:03
Regular
The console contest is only between two consoles and these are the two consoles:
1 The X-box soon to go on line with the great graphics and designs it has also made a great amount of money,
2 Now the Ps2 is also soon to go on line and its long black box the first console to have a built in DVD player and the games with un-realistic graphics is the other console to be in the contest to be the best console on earth.

Which console would you recommend to your fellow mates and partners and the reason's needed, Cheers and lets see which is the popular console.
Thu 18/07/02 at 04:03
The console contest is only between two consoles and these are the two consoles:
1 The X-box soon to go on line with the great graphics and designs it has also made a great amount of money,
2 Now the Ps2 is also soon to go on line and its long black box the first console to have a built in DVD player and the games with un-realistic graphics is the other console to be in the contest to be the best console on earth.

Which console would you recommend to your fellow mates and partners and the reason's needed, Cheers and lets see which is the popular console.
Thu 18/07/02 at 05:31
You're just another biased fan boy. You clearly love the X-box over the PS2 and you haven't even considered the GameCube.

Exhibit A.
The_Celts_1880 wrote:
> 1 The X-box soon to go on line with the great graphics and
> designs it has also made a great amount of money

Here, you have only stated the X-box is "great". A part of being unbiased is being as equally critical.

Exhibit B.
> 2 Now the Ps2 is also soon to go on line and its long black box
> the first console to have a built in DVD player and the games with
> un-realistic graphics is the other console to be in the contest to be
> the best console on earth.

Un-realistic graphics, huh? So, the X-box is so amazingly perfect compared to the PS2 then?

Exhibit C.
You've only posted this topic in the X-box forum. Who else is gonna come in here apart from X-box fans? I'd understand if it were in the FOG forum or in all the formats respective forums, but no, you have not.

In other words, you've said that you think that the X-box is "great" and has no flaws, whilst the PS2 has undesirable graphics. You've only asked people in the X-box forum, trying to attract other X-box fans. And finally, you haven't included the GameCube in your little match-up. The GameCube will also be going online. What makes this console so different from the other two that you've mentioned?

And so, I claim you are biased towards the X-box and are fan boy because you have only tried to attract the attention of fellow X-box fans.
Thu 18/07/02 at 09:14
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Good Points ShadowDragon

It isn't very fair to post a vs match between two consoles in the forum for one of the consoles only. Any views you get here will be biased toward the X-Box. Maybe you should have posted this in the FOG forum.
Thu 18/07/02 at 11:33
Regular
The_Celts_1880 wrote:
> The console contest is only between two consoles and these are the two
> consoles:

You've mis-counted. There's 1. GameCube, 2. Playstation 2 and 3. X-box (numbers used to help 'The_Celts_1880' count, not necessarily stating any order)

> 1 The X-box soon to go on line with the great graphics and
> designs it has also made a great amount of money,

The fact is, consoles don't make the money. The games sales do. If anything, developers make a loss on the consoles they sell. And no, in comparison to Sony and Nintendo, Microsoft haven't made as much money as they expected to on the X-box - hence the X-box price drop. Oh yeah, all consoles are due to go online sometime soon. It seems amazing that it's taken the Playstation 2 so long mind...

> 2 Now the Ps2 is also soon to go on line and its long black box
> the first console to have a built in DVD player and the games with
> un-realistic graphics is the other console to be in the contest to be
> the best console on earth.
>

Well considering most games are of similar style on all consoles, it's very unlikely that if the Playstation 2 has un-realistic graphics, the other consoles will have much better. Sure, maybe the Playstation 2 can't present us with as pizel-perfect graphics as the GameCube and the X-box, but in reality, there isn't much difference in the graphics. Not that graphics are of sole importance in videogames.

>
> Which console would you recommend to your fellow mates and partners
> and the reason's needed, Cheers and lets see which is the popular
> console.

Well you're asking in the X-box forum...have a guess at which you think the majority of posters are going to decide on...
Thu 18/07/02 at 14:16
the gamecube isnt as popular as the ps2 and the x-box and i am a ps2 fan, im trying to build up my words, sayin im just on here 1week and this is my 2nd time on, i have a ps2 with a load of games i dont even like the x-box im just lookin to see which is the most popular console and why?
Thu 18/07/02 at 14:35
The_Celts_1880 wrote:
> im trying to build up my words

not the best thing to say...
Thu 18/07/02 at 17:41
Regular
The_Celts_1880 wrote:
> the gamecube isnt as popular as the ps2 and the x-box

Uhhhhh you retard. The PS2 has been out for aaaaaaggggeesss, of course more people will own one, I mean what has sold more? VHS players or DVD players? Secondly, the GameCube has sold twice the amount the X-box has sold, so that makes it just a tad more popular then dontcha think?
Thu 18/07/02 at 17:44
Regular
Sales don't mean anything.
Thu 18/07/02 at 18:24
gamezfreak wrote:
> Sales don't mean anything.

So, up to now, we have found out that graphics, sounds and sales don't mean anything. This makes all consoles equal then doesn't it!?
Thu 18/07/02 at 18:26
gamezfreak wrote:
> Sales don't mean anything.

So, up to now, we have found out that graphics, sounds and sales don't mean anything. This makes all consoles equal then doesn't it!?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.