GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driver 3 goes multi-format!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/07/02 at 22:54
Regular
You may have already heard this, but I was just looking at gamesradar.com, and look what I found:

"Infogrames has announced that Driver 3 will be multi-format and will appear on PS2, Xbox, Gamecube and PC. This marks the first time a Driver game has appeared on any console other than PlayStation.

The game is in development by Reflections in Newcastle - the same team who developed both Driver 1 and 2. They are also currently working on Stuntman for PS2.

"The success of the Driver franchise is an historic milestone in the gaming industry. Driver 3 on the PS2, Xbox, Gamecube and PC will undoubtedly take the franchise to another level of success and gaming experience", frothed Larry Sparks, Vice president of European Marketing for Infogrames.

The game is scheduled for release some time in 2003."

That's a nice little surprise, and should make GC & Xbox owners who don't have a PS2 nice and happy.
Let the arguments about which version will look better begin :)
Thu 18/07/02 at 12:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I found Driver 2 much better than Driver 1, I think the first game let me down a little in what it promised, and that's what the sequel fixed for me.

Anyway, I've seen a very early video of the game, and it looks great. It's such an early video that there aren't any moving cars or people on the streets of the three cities in the game (Miami, Nice and Istanbul) but the actual surroundings look stunning graphics wise.

This multi-format thing will cause me a bit of trouble, as now I have to decide whether to get the game for the PS2, which it will probably be released on first, or wait for the game to appear on the GC, from which it will have better graphics. Still it's a long way off, so I'll have plenty of time to decide.
Thu 18/07/02 at 11:04
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Well if you've never owned either of the Driver games then you really missed out.
The second one wasn't that great, but the first one was original and great fun (especially if you like old 70's cop shows and films like I do).
Thu 18/07/02 at 11:00
Regular
"I like cheese"
So, here's my dilemma as a PS2 owner:

Driver is now multiformat, but so is Turok Evolution.

Considering I've never thought the Driver series was that special and have never bought one of the games, I'm quite happy really. {:)
Thu 18/07/02 at 10:04
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Totoro wrote:
> It's the same sort of thing that happened in the Turok Evolution topic
> in the Xbox forum the other day.

---

Yeah, and then some fool started a topic telling us all where we should be.

'I should be in here, and you should be over there!'.

Silly boy.
Thu 18/07/02 at 10:01
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
It's the same sort of thing that happened in the Turok Evolution topic in the Xbox forum the other day.
Thu 18/07/02 at 10:01
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Every version is going to look good, and every version is going to
> play EXACTLY the same way. Why can't we all just be happy that no
> matter what system we own, we'll be able to play a version of one of
> the best games created in recent years?

---

Ah, but mine is better than yours. ;-)
:D
Thu 18/07/02 at 09:57
"High polygon count"
Totoro wrote:
> Darn, i've just opened another 'my consoles better than yours' can of
> whop-ass.

Yeah, funny that. Practically every game that's been mentioned on here as going multi-format instantly sparks the "well this version will be better than that version" crap.

Every version is going to look good, and every version is going to play EXACTLY the same way. Why can't we all just be happy that no matter what system we own, we'll be able to play a version of one of the best games created in recent years?
Thu 18/07/02 at 09:48
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
ps2_proud wrote:
> I mean. Gamecube aren't even letting you rent their games

---

Eh? Yes they are. I could rent any of them if I wanted. They're all there.
Thu 18/07/02 at 09:45
Regular
Driver 3 Multi-format then.

I think all versions will look very similar. There will be some slight differences but i think the other versions will just be ports of the PS2 code.

The PS2 version will be the most popular one due to the number of PS2's out there.

Will the PS2 version still launch before the other's? I think it will, but perhaps some of them could launch at the same time.

Have the people now moved on from Driver. Now that we have GTA3, Driver 3 will have to be very special indeed. Lets also remember The Getaway which is not that far away.
Wed 17/07/02 at 23:50
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
ps2_proud wrote:
> The Game Cube will probably have the best graphix, it or the
> playstation. I think the XBOX game will suck. Cause XBOX sucks.
> totally.

Face facts. The xbox is the most powerful, and the ps2 certainly isnt.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.