GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driver 3 goes multi-format!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/07/02 at 22:54
Regular
You may have already heard this, but I was just looking at gamesradar.com, and look what I found:

"Infogrames has announced that Driver 3 will be multi-format and will appear on PS2, Xbox, Gamecube and PC. This marks the first time a Driver game has appeared on any console other than PlayStation.

The game is in development by Reflections in Newcastle - the same team who developed both Driver 1 and 2. They are also currently working on Stuntman for PS2.

"The success of the Driver franchise is an historic milestone in the gaming industry. Driver 3 on the PS2, Xbox, Gamecube and PC will undoubtedly take the franchise to another level of success and gaming experience", frothed Larry Sparks, Vice president of European Marketing for Infogrames.

The game is scheduled for release some time in 2003."

That's a nice little surprise, and should make GC & Xbox owners who don't have a PS2 nice and happy.
Let the arguments about which version will look better begin :)
Wed 17/07/02 at 22:54
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
You may have already heard this, but I was just looking at gamesradar.com, and look what I found:

"Infogrames has announced that Driver 3 will be multi-format and will appear on PS2, Xbox, Gamecube and PC. This marks the first time a Driver game has appeared on any console other than PlayStation.

The game is in development by Reflections in Newcastle - the same team who developed both Driver 1 and 2. They are also currently working on Stuntman for PS2.

"The success of the Driver franchise is an historic milestone in the gaming industry. Driver 3 on the PS2, Xbox, Gamecube and PC will undoubtedly take the franchise to another level of success and gaming experience", frothed Larry Sparks, Vice president of European Marketing for Infogrames.

The game is scheduled for release some time in 2003."

That's a nice little surprise, and should make GC & Xbox owners who don't have a PS2 nice and happy.
Let the arguments about which version will look better begin :)
Wed 17/07/02 at 23:00
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Excellent. All I can say.
Wed 17/07/02 at 23:04
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
It was a bit of a shock really, after all, the Driver series is one of the Playstations biggest feathers in its cap.
It certainly wasn't expected that's for sure.
Wed 17/07/02 at 23:05
"High polygon count"
Was it not? I thought it was common knowledge!

I think I mentioned it was likely somewhere a few days ago.
Wed 17/07/02 at 23:13
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
That's why I wrote "You may have already heard this" ;)
I hadn't heard anything about it so I was quite surprised. It doesn't really matter to me too much as I would have bought it on the PS2 anyway, but it's nice for Cube & Xbox owners to experience it too.

Let's hope more decent looking games go multiformat.
Wed 17/07/02 at 23:17
"High polygon count"
Yes indeed. Games as good as Driver deserve to be experienced by as many people as possible!
Wed 17/07/02 at 23:18
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
the gamecube version will be miles better the XBOX is crap and only looks like a suitcase the fony greystation is crap and only losers buy it i cant wait for the gamecube game to come out so i can laugh at you
Wed 17/07/02 at 23:18
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
No, I had'nt heard about this, this is good news for everyone I think.
Wed 17/07/02 at 23:21
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
phi11ip wrote:
> the gamecube version will be miles better the XBOX is crap and only
> looks like a suitcase the fony greystation is crap and only losers buy
> it i cant wait for the gamecube game to come out so i can laugh at you

Were you taking the quote, "Let the arguments about which version will look better begin", too seriously ;D?
Wed 17/07/02 at 23:22
Regular
phi11ip wrote:
> the fony greystation is crap

eh, just incase you're colour blind (and if you are, yes i am slaggin you) the playstation is BLACK. Just like the colour of this text. and no, it aint crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.