GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ever Had A Near-Death Experience?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/07/02 at 15:50
Regular
Well have you? They are pretty frightning after it's actually happened.

I nearly died the other day in the safety of my own home. I was bouncing around on a bed which had been set up on my living room floor like an idiot. Then my head hit something which was dangling and I realised my head had nearly hit a fan on the roof rotating at a VERY high speed.

I also nearly died in many others ways but I forgot how.

Keep safe & don't die kids.
Fri 19/07/02 at 08:43
Cubist wrote:
> At least you get a lot of notice before your about to die by getting
> chased for like a mile. For most people it is like:-
> "Hey watch out for the bus"
> "what Bus?"
> (SPLAT)

To be honest, I wouldn't wanna know if I'm gonna die.

Oh, and I can imagine that toothpaste burns.
Fri 19/07/02 at 02:43
Regular
"I confused?"
i was shot 17 times in the face and if i hadn't had my lemsip i could have died. It just took the edge off.
Thu 18/07/02 at 12:06
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Ive just got brilliant reflexes to turn when I see a foot/knee/elbow/hand flying towards my nether regions.

My girl friend is a black belt in karate, and practises on me. I'm gonna be whippin her rear soon, as I've just started.

*Karate chops desk*

ow....
Thu 18/07/02 at 11:49
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
> A man doesn't know true pain till he gets Colgate in his eye.

Thats not what my boyfriend said when I kneed him in the nuts.....by accident you understand ;)
Thu 18/07/02 at 11:48
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Rosalind wrote:
> Totoro wrote:
> I once got toothpaste in my eye.
> You may laugh, but it hurt like hell.
>
> LOL
>
> ermm....sorry

That's ok, it all seemed to happen in slow motion; I was just putting some toothpaste on the brush when a couple of the brush hairs flicked up the paste and it went straight into my eye.
A man doesn't know true pain till he gets Colgate in his eye.
Thu 18/07/02 at 11:42
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I nearly got run over once, when a bus was driving in the wrong lane, as in the wrong side of road (up when meant to be down)!
Thu 18/07/02 at 11:28
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Totoro wrote:
> I once got toothpaste in my eye.
> You may laugh, but it hurt like hell.

LOL

ermm....sorry
Thu 18/07/02 at 11:26
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I once got toothpaste in my eye.
You may laugh, but it hurt like hell.
Thu 18/07/02 at 09:54
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
At least you get a lot of notice before your about to die by getting chased for like a mile. For most people it is like:-
"Hey watch out for the bus"
"what Bus?"
(SPLAT)
Thu 18/07/02 at 00:37
Regular
"That's right!"
Literally dozens

Once, when I was about 5, we were driving back from my gran's house in Teesdale, in winter. On one of the many narrow, twisting, country roads, the car skidded on the ice and went half way off the edge of a big cliff (imagine what happened to the Simpsons when they went camping)

My dad just managed to get us back up, before he was going to tell everyone to get out. Funny thing is, I was asleep the whole time, and didn't find out till we got home. Hurrah!

Other than that, there's been loads of "crossing a railway line, oh no, here comes a train, woah, it just missed me" kind of things. And once I was chased by a Metro (I fell over just as the Metro stopped - I was almost crushed by it)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.