GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lee Bowyer"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/07/02 at 14:21
Regular
Along with the appointment of a new manager comes a lot of new thoughts and ideas to be added into the first team squad. So now that Terry Venables has taken control of the first team affairs at Elland Road, the Leeds United players will have to expect changes and Mr.Ridsdale will have to remove the padlock and chain from his wallet so that 'El Tel' can spend big and bring in the treasures that O'Leary could not find.

In order for the Chairman to allow big money to go out he'll need to have that satisfaction and guarrentee that what goes out, will come back in some nice lump sums. And Terry Venables isn't the kind of manager who'll just snort at the chance to change things so that things suit him best.

It has come to us and Leeds fans themselves as no real surprise to see Venners stepping in to take action instantly, and begin to make changes within his first week back at the top. But it's the player envloved that causes the "Ooooooo"'s "Aaaaaaa"'s up and down the country.

It's none other than Lee Bowyer who's been Transfer Listed!
Leeds United's no.1 as of last season for his off-the-field antics along with Jonothan Woodgate - who remains in Venables' plans for now.
Of all the players in the entire Leeds squad, you wouldn't have thought that he'd be the unlucky one at this point in the time. Surely everyone connected with Leeds United has forgotten about his recent past, and the former Charlton man was on-fire for his sides end-of-season push into the UEFA Cup once again.

It's not my place to say if this is the wrong or right descision for Mr.Venables to make, that's why he was appointed as manager in the first place. I could never do his job!
Even if this is for better rather than for worse, Bowyer will still need a new place to play that he can also call his new 'home'. So which buyers would be right for him, and who should be taking note of this situation???

Well, for a start, there have already been quite a few strong rumours suggesting that Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier is very keen to sign this talented Englishman for around £9m - a decent price for a high-quality player who isn't wanted by his new manager.
With no other notable bids coming in for Lee's services, he should strongly consider playing at Anfield, in the big European matches against the big European teams - along with the likes of Michael Owen and Steven Gerrard and co.
Go for it! Along with the possibilliy of winning things and more money, playing at the top infront of The Kop could help boost your chances of playing for England even more!!

Well, as of now that's the only offer we've heard about regarding Bowyer leaving Elland Road. But I think there are one or two other Brittish clubs where he could slot into the midfield with a great effect...

Rangers - Besides Liverpool, and with Arsenal and Man United fine as they are with their midfields, there's really no other English Premiership club that could offer Lee Bowyer more than he was getting at Elland Road.
So what about playing in Scotland???
It's not like Rangers are a small club or anything, look at some of the big-names who have played there - including ex-Denmark star Brian Laudrup, England boozer Paul Gascoigne, and even Italy's Reno Gattusso!
Lee Bowyer could fit-in as the 'Midfield Maestro', scoring goal-after-goal alongside Barry Ferguson week-in week-out.
Rangers are the only team who can halt Celtic in their winning ways, and Bowyer could be just the right kind of input they need to get going again.
Not only would he be getting away from the jeers and taunts of Premiership fans, but he'd also get a nice Winter Break just in-time for Christmas.

Celtic - If he doesn't fancy Rangers then he can go to the current no.1 team in Scotland and work for the man that could've been at Elland Road in Martin O'Neill. Success would almost guarrenteed in his first season there after several consecutive years in pole position for The Hoops now.
His only problem would be shifting players like Paul Lambert and Neil Lennon from the team in order to get some match-practice. But i'm sure a fiery little dynamo like himself could soon do that no problem!

In short, the way I see it is this:
Lee Bowyer has had his fun in the Premiership, unless of course he really fancies the chance to play at Anfield and also feels he can move the likes of Hamman and the Cameroons back into the reserves. And besides, Liverpool have probably spent all they need to anyway. I think Houllier just wants Bowyer to make up the numbers for the Subs' Bench in Europe.
Scotland's the place to be (but not in the summer! Or in winter for that fact - unless you love snow...)
Why not try something new and improve your game one step further at a time?
Who knows, could be a trip to sunny old Spain after this - and then onto the World Cup in Germany!

If anyone misses out on his departure then it's Leeds themselves.
And to make matters worse the may be selling Dacourt too, and there's no 'New Bowyer' lined-up for the new season!
Then again... they could be selling Viduka or Kewell.... :S

Comment on Bowyer's situation. Where should he go??
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 16/07/02 at 14:21
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Along with the appointment of a new manager comes a lot of new thoughts and ideas to be added into the first team squad. So now that Terry Venables has taken control of the first team affairs at Elland Road, the Leeds United players will have to expect changes and Mr.Ridsdale will have to remove the padlock and chain from his wallet so that 'El Tel' can spend big and bring in the treasures that O'Leary could not find.

In order for the Chairman to allow big money to go out he'll need to have that satisfaction and guarrentee that what goes out, will come back in some nice lump sums. And Terry Venables isn't the kind of manager who'll just snort at the chance to change things so that things suit him best.

It has come to us and Leeds fans themselves as no real surprise to see Venners stepping in to take action instantly, and begin to make changes within his first week back at the top. But it's the player envloved that causes the "Ooooooo"'s "Aaaaaaa"'s up and down the country.

It's none other than Lee Bowyer who's been Transfer Listed!
Leeds United's no.1 as of last season for his off-the-field antics along with Jonothan Woodgate - who remains in Venables' plans for now.
Of all the players in the entire Leeds squad, you wouldn't have thought that he'd be the unlucky one at this point in the time. Surely everyone connected with Leeds United has forgotten about his recent past, and the former Charlton man was on-fire for his sides end-of-season push into the UEFA Cup once again.

It's not my place to say if this is the wrong or right descision for Mr.Venables to make, that's why he was appointed as manager in the first place. I could never do his job!
Even if this is for better rather than for worse, Bowyer will still need a new place to play that he can also call his new 'home'. So which buyers would be right for him, and who should be taking note of this situation???

Well, for a start, there have already been quite a few strong rumours suggesting that Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier is very keen to sign this talented Englishman for around £9m - a decent price for a high-quality player who isn't wanted by his new manager.
With no other notable bids coming in for Lee's services, he should strongly consider playing at Anfield, in the big European matches against the big European teams - along with the likes of Michael Owen and Steven Gerrard and co.
Go for it! Along with the possibilliy of winning things and more money, playing at the top infront of The Kop could help boost your chances of playing for England even more!!

Well, as of now that's the only offer we've heard about regarding Bowyer leaving Elland Road. But I think there are one or two other Brittish clubs where he could slot into the midfield with a great effect...

Rangers - Besides Liverpool, and with Arsenal and Man United fine as they are with their midfields, there's really no other English Premiership club that could offer Lee Bowyer more than he was getting at Elland Road.
So what about playing in Scotland???
It's not like Rangers are a small club or anything, look at some of the big-names who have played there - including ex-Denmark star Brian Laudrup, England boozer Paul Gascoigne, and even Italy's Reno Gattusso!
Lee Bowyer could fit-in as the 'Midfield Maestro', scoring goal-after-goal alongside Barry Ferguson week-in week-out.
Rangers are the only team who can halt Celtic in their winning ways, and Bowyer could be just the right kind of input they need to get going again.
Not only would he be getting away from the jeers and taunts of Premiership fans, but he'd also get a nice Winter Break just in-time for Christmas.

Celtic - If he doesn't fancy Rangers then he can go to the current no.1 team in Scotland and work for the man that could've been at Elland Road in Martin O'Neill. Success would almost guarrenteed in his first season there after several consecutive years in pole position for The Hoops now.
His only problem would be shifting players like Paul Lambert and Neil Lennon from the team in order to get some match-practice. But i'm sure a fiery little dynamo like himself could soon do that no problem!

In short, the way I see it is this:
Lee Bowyer has had his fun in the Premiership, unless of course he really fancies the chance to play at Anfield and also feels he can move the likes of Hamman and the Cameroons back into the reserves. And besides, Liverpool have probably spent all they need to anyway. I think Houllier just wants Bowyer to make up the numbers for the Subs' Bench in Europe.
Scotland's the place to be (but not in the summer! Or in winter for that fact - unless you love snow...)
Why not try something new and improve your game one step further at a time?
Who knows, could be a trip to sunny old Spain after this - and then onto the World Cup in Germany!

If anyone misses out on his departure then it's Leeds themselves.
And to make matters worse the may be selling Dacourt too, and there's no 'New Bowyer' lined-up for the new season!
Then again... they could be selling Viduka or Kewell.... :S

Comment on Bowyer's situation. Where should he go??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.