GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Best Gun"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/07/02 at 17:56
Regular
What is your favourite gun from any film.

I'll get a few of the obvious ones out of the way:

The minigun from predator/the matrix
The gattling cannon from the Jackal
The sentry guns from Aliens
The heat seeking rocket gun from Runaway
The Golden Gun

Any more you can think of?
Tue 16/07/02 at 20:45
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
I'll say the FN FAL, but remember. I'm not turned on by a sniper rifle barrel, we ain't all gun freaks after all. Some of us are just more knowledgeable than others. We don't all spent our evenings reading gun books. Well, apart from Paintball ones.
Tue 16/07/02 at 20:22
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Well this IS the film forum!

:-D
Tue 16/07/02 at 20:17
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
A` la Speed:

Pop quiz hot shot! - Name the Heckler and Koch, 7.62mm, SEMI-AUTOMATIC sniper rifle constructed mainly of aluminium and plastic.
Tue 16/07/02 at 20:12
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Berratta is American, i'm pritty sure about that.
Tue 16/07/02 at 19:55
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Try 2 go into more detail!!!!!

1911: Springfield Armoury M1911, 9mm, semi-auto.

Berretta: Best one = M92FS, 9mm, semi-auto.

M16 + M4: Colt 5.56 mm carbine assault rifles, 30 round mags (On most), can be fitted with 40mm Colt M203 grenade launcher.

Mp5: Heckler and Koch 9mm parabellum MP5, full automatic submachine gun, 30 round mag. Many models available.

Now THATS how ur meant 2 do it!
Tue 16/07/02 at 19:28
Regular
"That's right!"
Wow, didn't know we had so many gun nuts here...

Anyway, 1911s and Berettas are great handguns, and MP5s and M4/M16s are in just about every action film... ever, so they rule
Tue 16/07/02 at 19:26
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Germany do make good guns though. Why else did Bond choose the Walther PPK and P99? Steyr is Austrian, Sig Sauer is Swiss, Colt is American, H&K is English, Tauras and Berretta are both Brazilian (Not sure about the Berretta though.), Uzi is Israli (IMI), LOADS of places make good guns.
Tue 16/07/02 at 18:57
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
No, no, no, no, no. When the SA80 mk2 works, it is just as good, if not better than the M16(all of them), and the M4's, even thought they are killer Guns, a proper SA80 is better, but still could be even better.

Do you have satalite, or cable. If so, watch Bravo at 2:30 every week day. There is a show called Future Fighting Machines. On there they look at present, and furute military hardware. They compare thinks each show. Last week is was rifles. The SA80, M16, G36, and some singapore gun. The Singapore was last, then the M16, SA80, and the G36 won, most of the World thinks the Germans have got the better gun, as do the SAS, SEAL'S, to name but a few services that have started to take on this bad boy. G36, no question!
Tue 16/07/02 at 18:37
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Yeah, i heard the sa80 woz getting replaced, a lot of the army's artillery is. The milan is getting replaced my the 112mm euromissile milan mk. II anti-tank missile, the Law by the NLAW, and the Carl Gustav by an updated version. The army's sniper rifle and LSW (Light Support Weapon-As if you didn't know!) r staying the same though.

The best millitry guns hav 2 b from the US Army: Colt M16s (5 models) and M4 (2 models). Both with m203. Sweet.
Tue 16/07/02 at 18:31
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Fair enough, it can kick but, but only when it works. In Afganistan, it locked up 3 times. And thats since the £92 million was spent on fixing the bloody thing. The SA80 mk1 gets about 8000 shots per failure. Ok, the SA80 mk2 ain't as bad, but the Conservative party want it replaced. Even after that £92 million was spent, you only get about 20 thousand shots per failure. Better, but not good enough. Are you sure H and K make it. I thought the main reason the Gov got it was because it was a British gun.

I would like the G36, the German standard issue. Lazer sight, transparent mag, full auto, nice range, plus, its rumored to be the new standard issue for all NATO forces in the near future.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.