GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Banning."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/07/02 at 22:28
Regular
Right, as we all know. I got banned.

Why? Heh, for some stupid pathetic reason.

Its like nicking a few sweets from a shop and getting 10 years in jail.

Why have all the staff just ran away like girls? Hm?

Now, I dont know /who/ banned me, but they have done a runner. Or just won't post, because they're too scared. Now, it was either Darkus or Hybrid, I think. And just because Hybrid is so in love with Mystique she can @rse about the forums as she pleases.

"She almosts got banned but loci stepped in"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Thats the biggest pile of crap i've heard. Why couldn't someone step in on my case? Oh yeah, I forgot, im not Mystique.

I have been here just under a year now, and done.. mmmm... NOTHING wrong. Won 5GADs so I can't be /that/ bad. And I do the smallest, so small, you can't even see it. Sarcastic post in the world, even a blind frail old women would notice that it was sarcastic. But, no. You didn't.

I honestly can't be bothered anymore, I come on the forums daily and, now, it just sucks behind. You banned me. Go cry and abuse your power. "We will ban whoever we like" BAH, I'll joyride whoever's car I want. Its pathetic.

"Waaaaahhh we have been here like, 100 days and we have banning power so we'll abuse it waaaaaah"

Why dont I get a banning stick, and beat you to death with it? Hm? How does that sound? Oh yeah, im sorry, im not a pathetic "Staffie" who abuses banning power.

Because, I dont actually know who banned me. But your out there, and I hope you read this, and, yeah, i'll probably get banned, for what? Standing up for what I believe in? Standing up for myself because I KNOW IM IN THE RIGHT? Mm? Actually, I dare you to ban me, it would give you some pleasure that you enjoy anyway. You probably shove the keyboard up your anus while doing it don't you? "Oooh yeah lets ban him OOooo" I don't really care anymore..
Wed 17/07/02 at 13:02
"Darkness, always"
Reaper[oV] wrote:
> Poor decision SR, haven't bought from you for a while,
> certainly wont carry on now.

I've spent £140 quid on SR so far this week, and it'll be £200 or more by the time the week is out.

These forums are related to Special Reserve "Discount Network", but don't be so naive as to think that the banning of an individual from these forums for any reason whatsoever is a reflection on SR that they are a bad company.

IB
Wed 17/07/02 at 12:29
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I wrote this in Sly Weasel's Gasmask topic by accident, it was meant to go here.....

My opinion is that he should have been unbanned in the first place, but now that he's gone and started swearing at the SR staff, he should stay as is.
Wed 17/07/02 at 12:24
"High polygon count"
Reaper[oV] wrote:
> Poor decision SR, haven't bought from you for a while,
> certainly wont carry on now.

Basically you've said everything I've said. Not that it matters, of course - it's good to let SR know that many people think and feel the same.

This last part, though, is something I have refrained from posting so far... but it is something that I too am considering.
Wed 17/07/02 at 09:53
Regular
"I like cheese"
Agh...banned again. The question is...how far is Gassie willing to go...? And now I've used too many dots to describe a tension-filled pause...
Wed 17/07/02 at 09:22
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> mikelar10 wrote:
> Incidentally, is your tagline from a certain Rage Against The
> Machine
> song?
>
> ------
>
> Yeah, he stole it from me, grr
>
> Heh

You want it? Come and get it...

:D
Wed 17/07/02 at 07:11
Mystique wrote

> Cept' me
> Muwhaha

Why will you be to busy getting nakid ?
Wed 17/07/02 at 01:05
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Haven't commented at all on this issue so far, but I've read all the topics and talked to Gasmask a lot on IRC. And I completely understand him doing this, I'd support him in it.

As has been repeatedly pointed out, he was banned for posting a serial which was /proved/ to be a joke. Had it worked, I'd be with SR all the way, but it was a fake. Now, I understand them banning him in the first place, but surely it should be reversed now in light of the fact that it was a /joke/. Don't tell me that you can't, or whatever, people have already pointed out the monkey_man case.

To the people that have been saying he's pathetic, I ask what you'd do in the same situation? Let SR do what they want and just sign up with a complete new ID, always having to cover your tracks? If you would, I'd say you're significantly worse than Garre here, who is at least standing up for himself as he did nothing wrong and he knows it. I think the staff know it too, but unbanning him would show a sign of weakness - without even considering the double standards issue with Mystique in particular (that's been covered well enough, I'd agree that it's not acceptable, and again, I think the staff know it).

This topic got him banned in the end, and I'm not really surprised. Yes, for writing this, he probably deserved the ban. But as he's said, what other choice did he have? He e-mailed SR, they didn't reply. He posted here, no comments. He apologised, we accepted that it was a joke, but the staff wouldn't. He was patient, I know that, and SR did sod all. I'm disappointed with their handling of the whole situation, it could all have been stopped ages ago after the first ban with a simple apology and removal of the ban. Why not? I don't like these forums much now, heh - I'm not going to whine about "the good old days" or whatever, but it's issues like this..I'd always considered SR's support to be very good, excellent customer relations and real help. This episode has successfully destroyed that for me, heh, you haven't even given a decent reason explaining your actions. I've seen the number of posts questioning you, and they just don't get replied to, ignored and left to go away.

Yeah, it annoys me. He's a good poster, who doesn't cause trouble without being provoked (and I'd count this as provoking him..) and deserves better. He certainly deserves fair treatment, at the very least some answers to the questions raised in this topic. If it's too much hassle trying to go through them all, why not just unban him and let it rest? Poor decision SR, haven't bought from you for a while, certainly wont carry on now.
Wed 17/07/02 at 00:44
Regular
Gasmask64 wrote :
Hi, I used to visit this forum, but they don't want me anymore, so I'll spit my dummy out and hurl abuse for a week or so for the sake of it...

The bait is ripe, the float has disappeared. All he has to do is reel it in.... :-)
Wed 17/07/02 at 00:39
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
heh, Gassie given time you may get banned more times than Shaneo! ;-)
Wed 17/07/02 at 00:28
Regular
".......on the attac"
GasMask. I stuck up for you in the beginning. Now I think you should take a long one off a short one.

Stop disgracing yourself and do like all the other idiots who get banned on here. Sign up with another name and start again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.