GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Banning."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/07/02 at 22:28
Regular
Right, as we all know. I got banned.

Why? Heh, for some stupid pathetic reason.

Its like nicking a few sweets from a shop and getting 10 years in jail.

Why have all the staff just ran away like girls? Hm?

Now, I dont know /who/ banned me, but they have done a runner. Or just won't post, because they're too scared. Now, it was either Darkus or Hybrid, I think. And just because Hybrid is so in love with Mystique she can @rse about the forums as she pleases.

"She almosts got banned but loci stepped in"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Thats the biggest pile of crap i've heard. Why couldn't someone step in on my case? Oh yeah, I forgot, im not Mystique.

I have been here just under a year now, and done.. mmmm... NOTHING wrong. Won 5GADs so I can't be /that/ bad. And I do the smallest, so small, you can't even see it. Sarcastic post in the world, even a blind frail old women would notice that it was sarcastic. But, no. You didn't.

I honestly can't be bothered anymore, I come on the forums daily and, now, it just sucks behind. You banned me. Go cry and abuse your power. "We will ban whoever we like" BAH, I'll joyride whoever's car I want. Its pathetic.

"Waaaaahhh we have been here like, 100 days and we have banning power so we'll abuse it waaaaaah"

Why dont I get a banning stick, and beat you to death with it? Hm? How does that sound? Oh yeah, im sorry, im not a pathetic "Staffie" who abuses banning power.

Because, I dont actually know who banned me. But your out there, and I hope you read this, and, yeah, i'll probably get banned, for what? Standing up for what I believe in? Standing up for myself because I KNOW IM IN THE RIGHT? Mm? Actually, I dare you to ban me, it would give you some pleasure that you enjoy anyway. You probably shove the keyboard up your anus while doing it don't you? "Oooh yeah lets ban him OOooo" I don't really care anymore..
Wed 17/07/02 at 15:53
"High polygon count"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> What difference does it make? It's easy enough to re-register.

You lose your stats and therefore the recognition that you've contributed a little something to make these forums what SR wanted them to be - successful.

Piffling, trivial nonsense, I agree. But like I said, what would niggle is being banned for no good reason.

> The only thing you have to lose is your notable status.
> Does it mean that much to you?

Well, I have to admit surprise. I didn't expect it to be you who dragged things down to the level of "does your pointless 'rank' mean that much to you?"

But since you ask - yes, it does mean something to me. Why? Because it shows that what I have written here in the past has been appreciated by many of the regular users. But beyond that, no, it means nothing.

Newbie, Regular or Notable, I'd still be p!ssed about it.
Wed 17/07/02 at 15:36
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
They wouldn't be able to ban a Notable or someone with alot of status, hopefully they wouldn't need to, it's not as simple as just creating another account, he'd used the same name for nearly a year, and the purpleness means a lot :p
Wed 17/07/02 at 15:32
"Darkness, always"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> So if your name was drawn out of a hat at random, and as a result you
> were banned, you wouldn't even be slightly miffed?
>
> If not, fair enough - but I know I would!

What difference does it make? It's easy enough to re-register. The only thing you have to lose is your notable status.

Does it mean that much to you?
Wed 17/07/02 at 15:25
"High polygon count"
So if your name was drawn out of a hat at random, and as a result you were banned, you wouldn't even be slightly miffed?

If not, fair enough - but I know I would!
Wed 17/07/02 at 15:21
"Darkness, always"
Fair enough if he couldn't get back on, but he could. Fighting for a pointless principle is a bit silly.
Wed 17/07/02 at 15:19
"High polygon count"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> All I can say is how I'd react were I banned. Being perfectly honest,
> I wouldn't even ask to be "unbanned". I would just create a
> new account, and get back in the flow of things.

Fair enough, but for some people it's the principle of the thing that counts.
Wed 17/07/02 at 15:17
You,ve been banned! Ha! Ha!
Wed 17/07/02 at 15:14
Regular
"That's right!"
CDouch wrote:
> You want it? Come and get it...

--------

*goes and gets his sig back*

That was easy
Wed 17/07/02 at 15:14
"Darkness, always"
All I can say is how I'd react were I banned. Being perfectly honest, I wouldn't even ask to be "unbanned". I would just create a new account, and get back in the flow of things.

Life is bigger than a discussion forum.
Wed 17/07/02 at 15:11
"High polygon count"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> These forums are related to Special Reserve "Discount
> Network", but don't be so naive as to think that the banning of
> an individual from these forums for any reason whatsoever is a
> reflection on SR that they are a bad company.

No, and no-one's saying that it necessarily makes them a bad company. But it is the same staff throughout.

I've been a very happy and loyal customer for more years than I care to remember. But the thing that I keep reminding myself of is, "What if it were me?"

GasMask was a decent contributor to these forums, and - as the support for him shows - was fairly well respected.

He made a slight error of judgement, and got banned.

He made it clear that it was a made-up code he posted - something later verified by myself.

Literally hundreds of posts by himself and others went seemingly ignored by the staff, until finally he was advised to mail them about the issue. Which he did, and - unless he is lying - received no reply.

Now I fully understand the current banning due to GasMask's more recent outburst; that was plain stupid, and he really shot himself in the foot. I'm talking here about what went *before* that became a factor.

It need not have come to that, had SR simply lifted the ban when they realised they'd been suckered in by his post. It could just as easily have been you or me. What GasMask did is something I probably would have done myself, had I seen the original post in time.

If I had been banned and then said "please let me back, it was a joke" would I have received different treatment being a 'Notable'? I don't know. But I do know that at least two other regulars have done just that, and one avoided it narrowly a ban because another member of staff intervened on their behalf - and that's why I think SR are out of order.

Now as much as I've defended SR in the past, this would seem to be nothing but shoddy treatment of a regular customer. And while this may sound over-dramatic, how can they expect customers to be loyal to them, when they can't be loyal to their customers?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.