GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why did you join here?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/07/02 at 21:30
Regular
Just realised by some of Coke's posts that the main reason most people come here is to win a GAD....

The questions here are:

What made you join here?
How did you originally think that you won GAD?

I'll start, I joined after reading about GAD and thought that you won by a random draw from the posts that you made in a day. It wasn't until I asked in the forums that I actually found out by Edgy having a go at me....

Also Alex+Daxter kinda had a go at me too...

Everyone had a go at me......

*Sob*
Sun 14/07/02 at 00:20
"Uzi Lover"
I was bored and so I saw this GAD thing.

So I took my favourite game at the time and wrote a short review on it, not knowing my chances.

Check fourty minutes later or so and I've won, I think it may had been less.

That was on the third day of GAD.
Sun 14/07/02 at 00:16
Regular
".......on the attac"
Something to do while I'm bored at uni. I wasn't even bothered about GAD but on my first (serious) attempt at a review I won it. It's not the most important thing to me though. I just like reading other people's opinions on stuff.

I've been an SR member for 2 years but only recently decided to sign up.
Sat 13/07/02 at 23:58
Regular
I didnt even know about GAD...I came here trying to find answers to the WWF No Mercy bug for N64...
Sat 13/07/02 at 22:13
I joined 'cos I was poor and can't afford to buy games as often as I'd like. The opportunity to win games was exciting for me. I quickly learnt within my first day what was needed to win GAD. So, after making a few friends on here, which is a bonus, I posted a entry which I hoped would win. It did, but I haven't won a game yet. I won an SR membership, instead. Admittedly, I did join to win GAD, but I have received much more than that in return.

It's inevitable that people will join to win GAD, but if they get what I got from some of the other users, they will become one of ones that are liked. From what I've seen of Coke, I don't think he/she understand the concept of how to win yet. For that reason, no one will give him resepct. Once he starts posting things we'd be surprised to know, and be willing to read, he'll gain a little respect.

SD
Sat 13/07/02 at 21:50
Ive been a member for a long time so it was natural for me to join up to the web site. GAD is only secondary to me making people smile and laugh is more important. Oh and sucking up to the staff(hehe)
Sat 13/07/02 at 21:46
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I wont lie, I came her for GAD and FAD (FAD = filmaday for you new guys n gals). When I got here, just got hooked on the message boards, and the rest is history.
Sat 13/07/02 at 21:44
Regular
*Shrugs*
Sat 13/07/02 at 21:43
Regular
"always swirling"
i read about the forums in one of my mates special reserve mags and decided to try it out.
Sat 13/07/02 at 21:43
When I first came on, I went to ukreviews and saw that writing a review could win you a game. I wrote a terrible review of FF7, but then went on the discussions to see what kinds of thing could win a game and then started talking and did that for a long while and shared opinions and met some cool people.

(:)
Sat 13/07/02 at 21:41
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
I came across this site whilst using a search engine to look for a review. I then started looking around the forums and decided to start posting. I thought GAD was only won by people who had been here ages and you had to be a regular to win. I love this site, it enables gamers to come here and discuss gaming news/ideas/thoughts etc. I'm glad I have come to this site, and it has also persuaded me to become a member of SR. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.