GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Happy St George's Day."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/04/08 at 10:15
"possibly impossible"
Does anyone here actually celebrate St George's Day? Is it worth celebrating?

It seems that every other country enjoys celebrating their national day, except for England. There may be problems in this country, but it's still worth celebrating the beauty of the land and all the good things we have here.

So, happy St George's Day to all you English people (and supporters of English people) everywhere!
Wed 23/04/08 at 11:30
Regular
"eat toast!"
we don't need a day to celebrate the awesomeness of our country. Besides, we don't have some sort of key method of celebrating like drinking or having parades like the irish do. Maybe we should celebrate by slaying or executing one of britain's enemies.
Wed 23/04/08 at 11:09
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I've been suprised with how little it's been publicised this year given there are events going on for once. There's some stuff going on in central London but none of it is hugely interesting.
Wed 23/04/08 at 10:42
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Happy St Georges Day pb.

Think it's gone down hill since a few years ago where people were told by police to take down the English flag as it was considered to be racist (or something along those lines). I just think that was stupid.

this year seems different though, our local heritage centre had a jousting event on over the weekend, with ale and an Olde English style banquet. I'm off to the farmhouse tonight for a few pints of English drinks to watch Manchester United (English team...even though I'm not a fan) with my English mates (only the fact all my other non-English mates don't actually live near me).

So I'm up for a full english day :) All I need is a full English breakfast and I'll be away :D
Wed 23/04/08 at 10:17
"possibly impossible"
Also, to Portugal, Georgia, Serbia, Scotland, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the Republic of Macedonia, who all have St. George as a patron saint.
Wed 23/04/08 at 10:15
"possibly impossible"
Does anyone here actually celebrate St George's Day? Is it worth celebrating?

It seems that every other country enjoys celebrating their national day, except for England. There may be problems in this country, but it's still worth celebrating the beauty of the land and all the good things we have here.

So, happy St George's Day to all you English people (and supporters of English people) everywhere!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.