GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Happy St George's Day."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/04/08 at 10:15
"possibly impossible"
Does anyone here actually celebrate St George's Day? Is it worth celebrating?

It seems that every other country enjoys celebrating their national day, except for England. There may be problems in this country, but it's still worth celebrating the beauty of the land and all the good things we have here.

So, happy St George's Day to all you English people (and supporters of English people) everywhere!
Wed 23/04/08 at 17:53
"possibly impossible"
Emmie87 wrote:
> I might get to me local, but i doubt they will have anything good
> to give away as it is only a village one!
>
> Well happy St. George's day! have fun

A villager? Wench? Wickerman playset? :D
Wed 23/04/08 at 17:44
Regular
"I may return"
I didn't realise it was St George's Day... Although, my science teacher might have mentioned it when I told him it was Depression Awareness Week for the 13th year.
Wed 23/04/08 at 17:38
Regular
"THFC"
I might get to me local, but i doubt they will have anything good to give away as it is only a village one!

Well happy St. George's day! have fun
Wed 23/04/08 at 17:31
Regular
"Thinking and typing"
Happy Georgie day to you too...It seems EVERYONE celebrates St.Paddy's day because Guinness is involved...maybe if England had something similar it would be celebrated more...hmmm.

We could all start drinking Green King IPA???
Wed 23/04/08 at 17:02
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
> Happy St George's Day! What is it anyway?

Adopted patron saint of England.

ie: Every country has a patron saint (and some European countries have saints for each region as well) and that saint's day (usually the day the saint is believed to have died) is the country's national day.

There are still plans to make St George's Day a public holiday in England, but for now it's just a mostly meaningless national day, though events are organised around the country to get 'into the spirit'.

Perhaps we should have a more relevant saint as our patron though? There are a few English Saints such as Saint Edmund (popular with Blackadder fans, perhaps?)
Wed 23/04/08 at 16:30
Regular
"Mooching around"
If it hadn't of been for the pub I go to showing some banners, I wouldn't have noticed.

Having said that, there was a kid in college today with his face painted and a cape of red of and white
Wed 23/04/08 at 15:57
Regular
Happy St George's Day! What is it anyway?
Wed 23/04/08 at 15:26
"possibly impossible"
Chance of me getting down the pub tonight = 0%, but then it will probably be busy and I'll prefer being at home with my kids and wife anyway.
Wed 23/04/08 at 13:53
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Emmie87 wrote:
> you know the ones i mean, buy 3 pints get a hat free. Love them
> promotions!

I think that's what is going on tonight at my local. Hopefully have quite a few of them after tonight :p
Wed 23/04/08 at 11:58
Regular
"THFC"
If you think about it we celebrate other nations more than our own - St Patriks Day, Australia Day.

The best thing is if ya go out drinking on any thing like St George's Day, Australia Day etc is that you tend to pick up great things like hats, surf boards, keyrings and more!

you know the ones i mean, buy 3 pints get a hat free. Love them promotions!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.