GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Had my school sports day today...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/07/02 at 17:37
Regular
Having been postponed for the last two days due to the typical English weather we finally got to do our events. Everyone loves sports day even if they are really bad at sport and detest it to the limit, the reason is that you miss lessons!

I participated in 3 events:
The 100m hurdles
Javelin
4X100 relay (boys)

First of was the Javelin and I won it! I am not the most well built kid and I was looking to finish in last place but to my surprise I won it! The second event was the 100m hurdles. Butterflies were in my stomach and this is one event, which I love, and I got the record time in year 7. The butterflies went very quickly, not because I was calm and ready to race, it was because something very funny happened. The races for the hurdles were set up so 3 people ran at a time, my 3 friends were first and I was in the second group. The started flying down the track at quite a quick speed, they were at the last hurdle and this is where I burst out in hysterics; one of my friends fell over! It was so funny he got caught in a hurdle and fell to the floor (not hurting himself); he sat there for at least 10 seconds. After he had been told to finish the race anyway it was my turn.

I got ready to race, trying to keep the vision of my mate falling over aside and decided this was one race I would win by a few seconds! The whistle went and my legs started pumping like mad, the finish line was already in my vision, this race was mine! I won with a time of 12:02! :) I was so happy the closest time to me was 14:37. I was only 00:25 of the school record, which has been there since 1979. Next year I will get the record!

The final event, which I was in, was the boys relay, I was in m position (4th) and the race was getting underway. My friend got us a good lead then some other kid just kept the lead with us. The baton was getting closer and closer to my palm... I was off. If you have seen The Fast And The Furious or Driven you will know what I mean by being in the Zone. My little weedy legs were pumping away and the race was in the bag. I don't know why but I hate going past all the people cheering it just embarrasses me :) I finally finished; it seemed like the longest 10 seconds of my life, I loved it though.

The amount of adrenalin that rushes through your body when you’re about to start is mad! Gaming is also like this, when you’re near the completion zone you suddenly feel the different emotions that pass through your body. If you have to fight a boss at the end it is like running alongside someone who is equally as good as you or has just got a slight edge over you. Gaming and sports (competing) are both great releases of emotion. Sporting events and Computer gaming are two things that I love to do and it is mainly due to the rush of adrenalin that I get from them, I suppose you could compare it to drug taking but without the risk of damaging your health.

Have you had your sports day yet? Do you get a rush of emotions when competing or playing frustrating games?

:) Cheers for reading.

**Kerrang!**
Fri 12/07/02 at 19:07
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I'm only any good at the Tug 'a' war where I'm the Anchor man
Fri 12/07/02 at 19:12
Sounds like someone was in the ZONE today. I was in France when ours was on but I usually win something.

(:)
Fri 12/07/02 at 19:33
Regular
"You've upset me"
I usually win 100m, 200m, Long Jump, High Jump, 100M Hurdles and our team rocks at the 4x100 relay.

Me likes athletics :-)
Fri 12/07/02 at 20:11
Regular
"That's right!"
I loved the 200m. I could beat the kids who could beat me at 100, so I really liked it, and used to tear around the corner. I'd probably be pants if it was on a long straight track, as it's the corner where I urinate on everyone
Fri 12/07/02 at 20:58
Regular
"DETROIT-int-1-90"
Alex the hurdles were 80 metres not 100m
our form won sports day
Fri 12/07/02 at 21:58
Regular
"$hit happens"
Hey max, how you know that you won, we come in 1st n second in loads of events, but hey we will still come last!

Oh and Max, go on yahoo.
Fri 12/07/02 at 22:02
Regular
"$hit happens"
Hercules! wrote:
> Im sorry but I just cant believe what you say.
>
> My mate, in year 10 who plays for Man Utd under 16's can only get 13
> seconds in the 100m sprint. He won it this year with that score. You
> say you got 12 seconds in the 100m hurdles!?
>
> Thats just unbelievable.
>
> "Me me me me me."
> "All bow down to me."
> "Im the greatest"
> "Blah blah blah"
>
> Shouldve included that in your post.

If you don't believe him then come down here and look at the records, he was .25 seconds of it!

Secondly, i find it hard to believe you could do it much faster, and as your mate plays for man u doesn't make him fast!
Not all footballers are fast, defenders can be slow and still good!
Fri 12/07/02 at 22:04
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yeah, we had our's yesterday. My house, Lister, won every single Year 10 Boys Running events. {:)

I won the 100m with a crap time of 12.13, I know if I had spikes and if I'd had a tougher race I could've ran under 12 seconds. So I'm happy, but also disappointed. Supposedly I look a bit of a twonk when I run because I've got such an aggressive look on my face...hmmm.

Anyway, our relay team competes on Tuesday, and we are the ultimate favourites. Our four runners (including me) are basically the school year 10 District Sports team. :D We're aiming to break the record, I'm in number one position. Wish me luck! {:)
Fri 12/07/02 at 22:05
Regular
"$hit happens"
I am sorry for posting 3 times in a row but i know why he dislikes you!

You have doubled his GAD totals, but hey i ain't won but still, 8 is pretty good! wish i won 1, lol
Fri 12/07/02 at 22:06
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Good luck Ant :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.