GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Had my school sports day today...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/07/02 at 17:37
Regular
Having been postponed for the last two days due to the typical English weather we finally got to do our events. Everyone loves sports day even if they are really bad at sport and detest it to the limit, the reason is that you miss lessons!

I participated in 3 events:
The 100m hurdles
Javelin
4X100 relay (boys)

First of was the Javelin and I won it! I am not the most well built kid and I was looking to finish in last place but to my surprise I won it! The second event was the 100m hurdles. Butterflies were in my stomach and this is one event, which I love, and I got the record time in year 7. The butterflies went very quickly, not because I was calm and ready to race, it was because something very funny happened. The races for the hurdles were set up so 3 people ran at a time, my 3 friends were first and I was in the second group. The started flying down the track at quite a quick speed, they were at the last hurdle and this is where I burst out in hysterics; one of my friends fell over! It was so funny he got caught in a hurdle and fell to the floor (not hurting himself); he sat there for at least 10 seconds. After he had been told to finish the race anyway it was my turn.

I got ready to race, trying to keep the vision of my mate falling over aside and decided this was one race I would win by a few seconds! The whistle went and my legs started pumping like mad, the finish line was already in my vision, this race was mine! I won with a time of 12:02! :) I was so happy the closest time to me was 14:37. I was only 00:25 of the school record, which has been there since 1979. Next year I will get the record!

The final event, which I was in, was the boys relay, I was in m position (4th) and the race was getting underway. My friend got us a good lead then some other kid just kept the lead with us. The baton was getting closer and closer to my palm... I was off. If you have seen The Fast And The Furious or Driven you will know what I mean by being in the Zone. My little weedy legs were pumping away and the race was in the bag. I don't know why but I hate going past all the people cheering it just embarrasses me :) I finally finished; it seemed like the longest 10 seconds of my life, I loved it though.

The amount of adrenalin that rushes through your body when you’re about to start is mad! Gaming is also like this, when you’re near the completion zone you suddenly feel the different emotions that pass through your body. If you have to fight a boss at the end it is like running alongside someone who is equally as good as you or has just got a slight edge over you. Gaming and sports (competing) are both great releases of emotion. Sporting events and Computer gaming are two things that I love to do and it is mainly due to the rush of adrenalin that I get from them, I suppose you could compare it to drug taking but without the risk of damaging your health.

Have you had your sports day yet? Do you get a rush of emotions when competing or playing frustrating games?

:) Cheers for reading.

**Kerrang!**
Fri 12/07/02 at 18:39
Regular
I've got a mate whose pb for the 100m is 12:02. He's in my year (Year 9 so he's 14).
Fri 12/07/02 at 18:40
Hercules, are you Lord H as well?
Fri 12/07/02 at 18:41
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
*Just relises the mistake*
*feels like a prat*
:) It was the 80m hurdles, I don't know why I put 100? Sorry about that but the time was correct '12:02'.
Fri 12/07/02 at 18:41
Regular
"That's right!"
Some kids in my year could do the 100m in 11 seconds

Anyway, I haven't done any running/sprinting since year 10 sport's day (don't do one in year 11 because of exams, and obviously you don't do it in 6th form) My class was FULL of kids who couldn't be bothered to compete, even though we had two of the fastest runners in the school. We didn't even have a relay team, heh. I was forced to do the 100m (our school doesn't do hurdles or anything) against the fastest runners from every other class. I came 4th, and got about 14 seconds which was the fastest I'd ever ran (yes, I know that's slow but I wasn't much of a runner) that's not bad considering everyone else there took running seriously, and hey, I managed to beat ONE person (though he claimed he tripped, I know I was ahead of him the entire time)
Fri 12/07/02 at 18:45
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
I know why I thought it was the 100m hurdles, it was on the 100m track. It still could have been the 100m but I doubt it. And I wasn't boasting, I just put that in there becuase I was happy I won it. It was a mistake, easy to make, but wow how easy was it to throw abuse in my direction.
Fri 12/07/02 at 18:47
Well said, certain people were quick to jump on you about it

*looks at Hercules!*
Fri 12/07/02 at 18:52
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Hercules! wrote:
> Having a friend who plays for Man Utd is good, nothing special. He
> gets all the merchandise and anything he wants for free. 3 pairs of
> the latest Nike football boots are his at the snap of a finger.
> Shirts, clothes.... everything!
>
> Ive also got a mate who used to play for Everton but got dropped.
>
> And ive been to the trials for both Utd and Everton, but sadly never
> got in.
>
> Ah well.....
>
> :)

It doesn't make you fast at running if you play for a good football team. I played for Suffolk football team for a season and not everyone in there was extremly quick. Some of the people who I played against weren't super quick instead they were just very skillful. It was a good experience though.
Fri 12/07/02 at 18:53
"I h8 ron atkinson"
im bored ... moo
Fri 12/07/02 at 18:55
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Im saying that he is the fastest in our year and can only get 13 seconds.

You are younger and I really cant see you beating my mate.

Thats all.

And seeing as though you said 100m hurdles to begin with, it really made me suspicious.

But still... me me me me me.

Bleh!
Fri 12/07/02 at 19:00
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Hercules if you have a problem with me then just ignore me, there is no need to keep on insulting me. I do not do the same back because I do not feel the need to. I really don't care if you believe me or not because that was not the point of this topic. I was just saying what my sports day was like and seeing if anyone else has had thiers. You do not need to insult me at every opportunity you get.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.