GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Had my school sports day today...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/07/02 at 17:37
Regular
Having been postponed for the last two days due to the typical English weather we finally got to do our events. Everyone loves sports day even if they are really bad at sport and detest it to the limit, the reason is that you miss lessons!

I participated in 3 events:
The 100m hurdles
Javelin
4X100 relay (boys)

First of was the Javelin and I won it! I am not the most well built kid and I was looking to finish in last place but to my surprise I won it! The second event was the 100m hurdles. Butterflies were in my stomach and this is one event, which I love, and I got the record time in year 7. The butterflies went very quickly, not because I was calm and ready to race, it was because something very funny happened. The races for the hurdles were set up so 3 people ran at a time, my 3 friends were first and I was in the second group. The started flying down the track at quite a quick speed, they were at the last hurdle and this is where I burst out in hysterics; one of my friends fell over! It was so funny he got caught in a hurdle and fell to the floor (not hurting himself); he sat there for at least 10 seconds. After he had been told to finish the race anyway it was my turn.

I got ready to race, trying to keep the vision of my mate falling over aside and decided this was one race I would win by a few seconds! The whistle went and my legs started pumping like mad, the finish line was already in my vision, this race was mine! I won with a time of 12:02! :) I was so happy the closest time to me was 14:37. I was only 00:25 of the school record, which has been there since 1979. Next year I will get the record!

The final event, which I was in, was the boys relay, I was in m position (4th) and the race was getting underway. My friend got us a good lead then some other kid just kept the lead with us. The baton was getting closer and closer to my palm... I was off. If you have seen The Fast And The Furious or Driven you will know what I mean by being in the Zone. My little weedy legs were pumping away and the race was in the bag. I don't know why but I hate going past all the people cheering it just embarrasses me :) I finally finished; it seemed like the longest 10 seconds of my life, I loved it though.

The amount of adrenalin that rushes through your body when you’re about to start is mad! Gaming is also like this, when you’re near the completion zone you suddenly feel the different emotions that pass through your body. If you have to fight a boss at the end it is like running alongside someone who is equally as good as you or has just got a slight edge over you. Gaming and sports (competing) are both great releases of emotion. Sporting events and Computer gaming are two things that I love to do and it is mainly due to the rush of adrenalin that I get from them, I suppose you could compare it to drug taking but without the risk of damaging your health.

Have you had your sports day yet? Do you get a rush of emotions when competing or playing frustrating games?

:) Cheers for reading.

**Kerrang!**
Sat 13/07/02 at 21:03
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
Same here only one the egg and spoon though!Pathetic isn't it
Sat 13/07/02 at 12:17
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
Ant wrote:
> Yeah, we had our's yesterday. My house, Lister, won every single Year
> 10 Boys Running events. {:)
>
> I won the 100m with a crap time of 12.13, I know if I had spikes and
> if I'd had a tougher race I could've ran under 12 seconds. So I'm
> happy, but also disappointed. Supposedly I look a bit of a twonk when
> I run because I've got such an aggressive look on my face...hmmm.
>
> Anyway, our relay team competes on Tuesday, and we are the ultimate
> favourites. Our four runners (including me) are basically the school
> year 10 District Sports team. :D We're aiming to break the record, I'm
> in number one position. Wish me luck! {:)

my teacher says i look like a chicken when i run , because my neck moves in and out , and all these muscles tense up in my neck , and then my arms get going , and they say i look stupid. good morale booster that is.
Sat 13/07/02 at 12:14
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
we had our sports day the other week , i was in the 1500m , 100m and javelin.

1500m : I stayed in 2nd till the last lap , and then pretty much sprinted the whole thing , passingmy mate who was in front , then near the end he was catching up , and i only just beat him (by about half a second i think) but it was very close. I did exactley the same thing last year and won it doing the same thing ;) Yet they didn't antisipate me to do it. I WON !

100m : I came in second , only just though , the guy in front won the 200m by miles so everyone thought he would win it , and he did by about half a second , or less (i didn't check my time) , the guy that came in 3rd was right right right by me, it was the closest race ive ever been in !

javelin: I won this with a throw of 24m 99cm , it wasn't my best throw but it won me the 8 points.

4x100m relay : i was in forth position for this , our first man got of to an ok start , then the second man lost it for us really down the straight , then my mate kept us in last and then i finished it. The kid in front of me was huge , and had a huge headstart , but i actually felt pretty good when i caught him up quite a bit , not enough to win because he's about the same speed as me. And i love running past everyone screaming , it's the best feeling ever !

then it comes to the presentations , and i win the year 9 boys cup ! beating last years winner (Ben , the big boy in the relay) by two points , and the joint winner for last years cup (Adam) by 1 point. WAHOOO !

then 2 days later on the friday , i went to exeter arena to compete in some south devon championships with my school. All the people that go to these are really good and the schools that competed were all bigger than ours with one of them having 11 PE teachers !

anyway , i was in the 1500m , and came 7th overall , after coming in 13th last year. i stayed in last place , just pacing it all the way , then on the second lap i passed a couple , then 1 boy dropped out , by this time i was in about 10th , now i repeat what i did at sports day and sprint that last lap , passing 3 more of them , and i finish fast, which i was proud of, because like i said everyone was really really good. some of the ones in front of me looked like they sprinted it !

then i boys relay 4x100m again , i was in 3rd this time , and got of to a great start , bombing it round the corner , staying in front of some really big kids and passing 1 , then i pass the baton over to the last runner. i pass it over , but he didn't get going soon enough so i had to step across just going past him a bit. i didn't notice at the time , but the red flag had gone up. We were disqualified. because i stepped over the line , i supposidly got in the way of someone else, but i didn't think i did. We were the only relay team for our school that didn't qualify for the finals , and i felt really bad , but it wasn't really my fault , i was mine and our 4th leg runner. I still think i should have gone last , i was way faster than him.

the other thing , was that im in year 9 , and we have to race against year 10's which isn't fair in my opinion but thats the way it is.

next year i'll have the advantage because all those that competed for year 10 this year , wont be able to come next time , so i should do better.

thanks for reading
Sat 13/07/02 at 10:24
Regular
When we had sports day I competed in the 100 metres, the 400 metres and the high jump.

I did alright in the running but failed miserably in the high jump. I cracked my head off the bar.
Sat 13/07/02 at 09:59
Regular
"I like cheese"
And then we can both throw up afterwards too. :D
Sat 13/07/02 at 09:58
Regular
"I like cheese"
I'm short too, as is most of our relay team.

Chris, I'm gonna give you a race one day and kick your @ss. :D
Sat 13/07/02 at 03:05
Regular
every year i lost in the 400 metres, because i was mainly a sprinter and every year our crap form lost every form football game..... yr 11 was okay tho we did well.
Fri 12/07/02 at 22:28
Regular
"$hit happens"
you know it, djspkey87
Fri 12/07/02 at 22:25
Regular
"DETROIT-int-1-90"
what is your yahoo id -dj what?
sir aral
Fri 12/07/02 at 22:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I can do the 100m in 12.13 seconds.

I always win the hundred metre sprint.

Easy. Meh!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.