GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rareware - Rare"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/07/02 at 15:58
Regular
Is it me or are most developers just not commited these days and aren't comming up with any amazing games?
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:49
Regular
You seem to be contradicting yourself. First you want decent games and now you say that decent games take too long. Things don't happen overnight you know. I wouldn't mind waiting an extra 6 months or so if it means that a top quality game will be on the shelves.
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:44
Regular
"Remember me?"
Roasten wrote:
> I know everyone goes throught dry spells but for a world class
> developer like Rare to only have one game and not even any others
> planned is a bit disappointing. Star Fox Adventures will be excellent
> but it may be the only thing we see from Rare this year.

Yes, but in the end you know they're going to be worth the wait, don't you?
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:39
Regular
"do ut des"
I know everyone goes throught dry spells but for a world class developer like Rare to only have one game and not even any others planned is a bit disappointing. Star Fox Adventures will be excellent but it may be the only thing we see from Rare this year.
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:10
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> Excellent theory.

Yes. It was just yesterday when I jumped out of my game playing room, cried Eureaka! and went to bed.
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:09
Regular
Actually, poor games only seem poor compared to the elite games produced by the worlds best.

It's like in football.

Yes, division 3 players seem crap compared to Premiership pro's but would rip any Sunday league to shreds.
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:07
Regular
"Remember me?"
Depressed Snail wrote:
> What i cant understand is why some teams can push a console to it's
> limit and beyond, where as a anther team's game looks like they spent
> a whole 5 minutes on it.
>
> I know it takes years to make a rally good game but i'd rather have 1
> really good game than 4 rubbish, underpreforming ones.

The "funny" thing is, it's the really good developers that we complain about the most. They spend so long making sure that their games are nearing perfection, that we end up waiting ages for them to arrive and spend ages moaning about how long it's taking. Rareware, especially, is a prime example of this. I mean, they have a wealth of brilliant GBA games coming out, but have we even had a whiff of even one for the one and whatever years that the GBA's been out? Nope siree Bob!

Harrummmmpppphhhhh!
Regular
Depressed Snail wrote:
> I know it takes years to make a rally good game but i'd rather have 1
> really good game than 4 rubbish, underpreforming ones.

I agree. That's why I see Nintendo as such a good company. They produce consistently excellent games.
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
SolidSnakeXXI wrote:
> There are a lot of terrible games out there - but to stop all that,
> I've got a very special tactic. Now this is secret.. it must go no
> further..
>
> You ready? Don't buy them.

--

Excellent theory.
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:02
Regular
"I Feel Depressed!"
What i cant understand is why some teams can push a console to it's limit and beyond, where as a anther team's game looks like they spent a whole 5 minutes on it.

I know it takes years to make a rally good game but i'd rather have 1 really good game than 4 rubbish, underpreforming ones.
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:02
Regular
There are a lot of terrible games out there - but to stop all that, I've got a very special tactic. Now this is secret.. it must go no further..

You ready? Don't buy them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.