GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rareware - Rare"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/07/02 at 15:58
Regular
Is it me or are most developers just not commited these days and aren't comming up with any amazing games?
Sat 13/07/02 at 10:46
Regular
and talking of Rare, their manager bloke was seen in the sony stand at E3 with one of the Activision people (the publisher who are rumoured to be aquiring Rares games for PS2)
Sat 13/07/02 at 08:59
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Roasten wrote:
> Is it me or are most developers just not commited these days and
> aren't comming up with any amazing games?

you need to read mags and visit sites. Then you would know bout the likes of Perfect Dark: Zero, starfox, monkey ball 2, new star wars game etc etc

ah well
Sat 13/07/02 at 00:14
Regular
"do ut des"
ONline gaming could change the whole take it or leave it thing with console games allowing you to download new levels and costumes, it's all looking very exciting and I'm looking forward to playing Phantasy Star Online *phwar*
Sat 13/07/02 at 00:07
Regular
Yeah - luckily though, it wouldn't be as serious as it would only effect the actual game, not your whole PC. Grr..
Sat 13/07/02 at 00:03
Regular
"do ut des"
hm this whole situation is a bit of an enigma. That's what happened in PC gaming too many games filled with bugs that have to be patched by downloads from the internet, I wouldn't like to see console gaming go the same way.
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:58
Regular
Yes - I agree. The more games developers the more games and the more variety. However, more competition might feed the ambition to release games quickly. I just hope games are thought through a bit more in future and are not so much a waste of our time and money.
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:58
Regular
"do ut des"
> I disagree - I don't care about console wars at all. As long as the
> most possible people get to play class games the better. Plus, More
> Formats = More Money.

I see what you mean and I like your idea:)
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:55
Regular
"do ut des"
I'mnot contradixting, I'm just thinking that if there were more developers there might be more commpetition to create more amazing games faster. Would this work though?
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:54
Regular
Roasten wrote:
> Hell yeah. Good developers can be hard to find companies should hand
> onto the games and developers they have like PS2 keeping GTA3
> exclusive.

I disagree - I don't care about console wars at all. As long as the most possible people get to play class games the better. Plus, More Formats = More Money.
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:50
Regular
"do ut des"
Hell yeah. Good developers can be hard to find companies should hand onto the games and developers they have like PS2 keeping GTA3 exclusive.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.