GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why pick on Stallone?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/07/02 at 21:55
Regular
OK i expect this to get quite a few replies.

Why oh why oh why (spells yoyo - hehe - Soccer am will be back soon!)do people insist on jumping on the 'Lets pick on Stallones new film' bandwagon?

He is still a very talented writer and actor.

During the eighties Stallone v Scwarzenegger thing ,i always voted Stallone,as he is able to say more than ten lines per film.

I also have no difficulty understanding him ,which is another thing people take the mickey out of.

Take 'Driven' for example. What a thoroughly enjoyable action movie.

Fast car action with plenty of good noise and effects.A decent story,and a good cast.

But,no just 'cause it's Stallone,lets say the crashes are too unreal,for goodness sake,it's a movie.

Then theres D-Tox.

If this movie had starred Bruce Willis or John Travolta ,then i am absolutely certain that this would have been in the years top 10 movies.

Excellent storyline ,excellent cast so why did it only spend one week at my local cinema?

Because it starred Stallone.

Do people not appreciate this mans talent?

Why on earth does it seem that the world has turned against one of the most important figures in cinemas history?

Look what he's given us.

I'm not going to say because you already know what he's given us,and you know how influential they have been.

So why?
Thu 11/07/02 at 13:12
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Yea, who could I forget Escape to Victory??!!
Sly Stallone, Micheal Caine, Pele, Bobby Moore & loads of Ipswich Town players....what a cast!
Thu 11/07/02 at 13:12
Regular
"That's right!"
Americans pretending they know stuff about football = ratings!

Oh, wait, no it doesn't
Thu 11/07/02 at 13:10
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Escape to Victory, a prime reason for picking on Stallone. Sly plays a goalkeeper. *sigh*
Thu 11/07/02 at 13:01
Regular
"That's right!"
Bruce Willis is the man. And he wears his watch the other way around on his wrist, just like me. Therefore, I'm the man too ;-)
Thu 11/07/02 at 12:49
I think stallone rules.

The film cobra is exellent.
Thu 11/07/02 at 12:41
"Darkness, always"
Copland
First Blood
Demolition Man
Rocky (I, II, III and IV)

Bruce Willis has probably been in more bad films than Stallone, and yet is still hailed as a God.

As a naturally skinny guy, Stallone deserves respect if only for his incredible physique. Schwarzenegger is the kind of guy who puts on a pound of muscle every time he lifts his cup. In that respect, he's a freak, and it's the reason he won Mr Universe so many times.

Stallone worked harder than any actor I know of to get into the shape he showed in many of his movies. Show a little respect for a man who dedicated his life to becoming something he was told he would never be - muscular.
Thu 11/07/02 at 12:28
Regular
"That's right!"
I always preferred Arnie over Stallone, though Stallone did Demolition Man, and that was good. Admit it
Thu 11/07/02 at 12:24
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
And don't forget, he did make 'Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot'.....case closed.
Thu 11/07/02 at 12:23
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
You forgot to mention all those crappy Rocky sequels (except the one with Mr. T)
Thu 11/07/02 at 12:22
I have to admit I was taken in by the whole 'Lets rip on Stallone' thing at one point. But then I saw him in Copland and I thought that it was a good performance.

He is also quite good in 'Oscar'. A litte known stray into the world of comedy acting, and they say that comedy acting is the hardest to pull off.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.