GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why pick on Stallone?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/07/02 at 21:55
Regular
OK i expect this to get quite a few replies.

Why oh why oh why (spells yoyo - hehe - Soccer am will be back soon!)do people insist on jumping on the 'Lets pick on Stallones new film' bandwagon?

He is still a very talented writer and actor.

During the eighties Stallone v Scwarzenegger thing ,i always voted Stallone,as he is able to say more than ten lines per film.

I also have no difficulty understanding him ,which is another thing people take the mickey out of.

Take 'Driven' for example. What a thoroughly enjoyable action movie.

Fast car action with plenty of good noise and effects.A decent story,and a good cast.

But,no just 'cause it's Stallone,lets say the crashes are too unreal,for goodness sake,it's a movie.

Then theres D-Tox.

If this movie had starred Bruce Willis or John Travolta ,then i am absolutely certain that this would have been in the years top 10 movies.

Excellent storyline ,excellent cast so why did it only spend one week at my local cinema?

Because it starred Stallone.

Do people not appreciate this mans talent?

Why on earth does it seem that the world has turned against one of the most important figures in cinemas history?

Look what he's given us.

I'm not going to say because you already know what he's given us,and you know how influential they have been.

So why?
Sun 14/07/02 at 23:14
I don't care what anyone says Stallone is superb. Has Schwarzenegger ever been nominated for an Oscar for writing a screenplay? Has Willis? Has Cruise? I don't think so. Rocky did win an Oscar for the director so it must have been pretty good. Stallone can turn his hand to most genres, action,comedy,thriller,drama. It really annoys me when people go on and on and on and on about his talking. I have no problem understanding him. There must just be a lot of deaf and ignorant movie watchers. As it was pointed out in an earlier post, he must be doing something right anyway cos he's loaded. My last thing to say to everyone who bad mouths Stallone:- lets see you write a screenplay, sell it to a big movie studio, star in it and make millions. Then get back to me.
Sat 13/07/02 at 20:45
Regular
"Woah dude!"
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

How dare you!

He is the reason you and i enjoy our music.

Without his involvement, there would be no music!

:-)
Sat 13/07/02 at 20:38
Regular
Cliff can barely stand up and has to wear incontinance pants if his live set runs over the 20 minute mark.
Sat 13/07/02 at 20:37
Regular
"Woah dude!"
Why not?

Cliff has.
Sat 13/07/02 at 20:33
Regular
Stallone's an actor(just about) Steps are a pop group you don't expect them to last 30 years.
Sat 13/07/02 at 20:31
Regular
"Woah dude!"
Come on ..Stallone's still going after 30 years.

Steps lasted ..what 5 mins ,hardly a comparison my friend!
Thu 11/07/02 at 13:40
Regular
Compared to Diehard and Pulp Fiction, Demolition Man and First Blood are just crap. I just can't stand Stallone he speaks sooooo slllloooowwwwlllly, and he looks like someone took a baseball bat to his face.

He may have more money than I could ever imagine but so do Steps, it doesn't mean they're talented.
Thu 11/07/02 at 13:24
"Darkness, always"
so he was in die hard and Pulp Fiction?

Stallone was in First Blood and demolition man.

They've both had classic films, they've both had screamers. The level of hypocrisy some people show is astounding, and it all comes down to "my favorite actor who I wanna be when I grow up is..." sort of mentality.

Besides, if Stallone is so bad, why is he rich beyond your wildest dreams?
Thu 11/07/02 at 13:19
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:

>
> Bruce Willis has probably been in more bad films than Stallone, and
> yet is still hailed as a God.
>

The reason for this is Diehard, oh and he was in Pulp Fiction and he can act.
Thu 11/07/02 at 13:17
"Darkness, always"
Pele's attempt to act was class.

I read a review of it once that said quite briefly something like:

Michael Caine tries to care, Stallone tries to play football, and Pele tries to act. Rubbish.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.